Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Epson 3880 Photoshop glossy/matte question

jimtron

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 3880 Photoshop glossy/matte question

I've been printing with the 3880 and Lightroom 3 with great results. Now I'm trying to print with Photoshop CS5, but I'm not finding where to set matte vs. glossy. I had been printing a bunch of matte stuff with LR, then I went to print from CS5 and the printer started switching to photo black; I realized I hadn't chosen "mattte," though I did choose the profile for the matte paper I'm using (cold press natural).

I've been Googling for the answer but can't find it, anyone know?

Dec 13, 2011 at 04:05 AM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 3880 Photoshop glossy/matte question

in LR, the glossy/matte selection is for output sharpening. I dont think it has any effect on PK vs MK inks.

In CS5, in the printer driver, what paper did you select (I'm *not* talking about the paper pulldown in the CS5 print dialog)? Did you select 'Cold Press' from the Media Type -> Fine Art menu?

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:32 PM
jimtron

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson 3880 Photoshop glossy/matte question

Thanks for the reply Howard. I didn't realize the LR glossy/matte choice was only for sharpening. And in CS5, I had only been selecting the paper from the mediatype in print settings, and I had neglected to set the printer profile. Now it's working fine.

Dec 13, 2011 at 07:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password