FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              13      
       end

Archive 2011 · FoCal MA Tool

schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.14 #1 · p.14 #1 · FoCal MA Tool

Early adopters always run a higher risk. In the end, I did as another "alignment" solution was not working for me. FoCal works well for the two bodies I have, 5D II and the Mark IV. Yes there were learnings and updates (remember, early adopter) but in general, I'm pleased. Waiting for my 1D-X to arrive. Do I want FoCal to work with it, you BET! It's going to take time. It boils down to either waiting or trying a different solution. Each of us has to make the decision.

Personally, I applaud Reikan for his development of something a very large corporation (Canon) should have provided up front. Looking forward to each update in the FoCal process improvement.

Regards,
Matt

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
p.14 #2 · p.14 #2 · FoCal MA Tool

I'm waiting for the Apple version to come out.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
cheem
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.14 #3 · p.14 #3 · FoCal MA Tool

Andrew J wrote:
I just ran the program and it put my 600 lens and new body at +5 which is where I had it. I had been stumped by this new MKIII converter that had been +19 and I sent to Canon. Well this program puts it at +10! I probably didn't believe it could be out that much since it just came back from Canon. This program is slick. I know 20 people that should get it the day it starts to ship.

Many thanks to the OP or I never would have known about this.

How does FoCal treat the TC in terms of results? Does it MA the TC + 600 as one MA number and the 600 as a different MA number?

Aug 07, 2012 at 02:48 PM
twistedlim
• • • •
p.14 #4 · p.14 #4 · FoCal MA Tool

I have had the best luck with both 5d2 and 5d3 using the semi automatic mode. I cannot get repeatable results with my 5d2 in the automatic mode that are good in "real" world situations.

Aug 07, 2012 at 05:43 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.14 #5 · p.14 #5 · FoCal MA Tool

cheem wrote:
How does FoCal treat the TC in terms of results? Does it MA the TC + 600 as one MA number and the 600 as a different MA number?

It treats the TC+lens separately. So you'll have one MA value for the lens, and one MA value for TC+lens.

Aug 07, 2012 at 05:48 PM
cheem
• •
p.14 #6 · p.14 #6 · FoCal MA Tool

mco_970 wrote:
It treats the TC+lens separately. So you'll have one MA value for the lens, and one MA value for TC+lens.

Thanks! And if you had a second lens/TC combo that would be yet another reading?

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:40 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.14 #7 · p.14 #7 · FoCal MA Tool

Yep. Unless maybe you have two 300mm lenses. I think in that case, the camera uses the same MA value for both lenses. That's a Canon bug, tho.

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.