Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

g_man604

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

I finally decided to buy a D7000 with the 18-105 kit.

Im very familiar with the D7000, I bought the last floor model from Costco last June with the 18-200 lens for my trip in Europe however had to return it when I got back cuz' of a sensor issue.

I loved the 18-200 lens but decided to get the kit instead. My first lens purchase was the nikkor 35 1.8 from Amazon. It's very very difficult not to buy more lens because of amazon's 24 month 0% interest. Very tempting but with all my purchases this Christmas, I had to stop myself! haha

I can't wait to start using this. I started reading Ken Rockwell's site about the D7k and could see improvements with my photos immediately.

Im glad i chose this over the 7d.

Dec 12, 2011 at 08:22 PM
kywaterfowler

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

Ken Rockwell

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM
abam
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

"I started reading Ken Rockwell's site about the D7k and could see improvements with my photos immediately."

hi, ken.

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:04 PM
clmusic
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

abam wrote:
"I started reading Ken Rockwell's site about the D7k and could see improvements with my photos immediately."

hi, ken.

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Starlightbreakr
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

It must be magic!

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:22 PM
mfletch
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

Wow. Tough crowd on here these days. I too think KR is a joke. But if you browsed his site, and were inspired to go out and shoot some photos and improve your skills, I say good for you. Congrats on the new toy. Lets see some photos.

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM
mikesrc
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

Why do you think Rockwell is a joke?? No charge for looking and he try to teach the rookies, maybe not you but a lot of people learn a lot. Please be a little more open minded.

Dec 13, 2011 at 02:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

NCam
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

mikesrc wrote:
Why do you think Rockwell is a joke?? No charge for looking and he try to teach the rookies, maybe not you but a lot of people learn a lot. Please be a little more open minded.

Agreed. I'm not exactly a rookie and I still turn to KR to read what he has to think about gear. I can't read about his techniques (too many inconsistencies for me) but his reviews are better than nothing. I find them to be rather meticulous and informative.

Dec 13, 2011 at 02:44 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

mfletch wrote:
Wow. Tough crowd on here these days. I too think KR is a joke. But if you browsed his site, and were inspired to go out and shoot some photos and improve your skills, I say good for you. Congrats on the new toy. Lets see some photos.

I'm inspired to do the opposite of what the bozo says most of the time.

EBH

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:00 AM
Livetohunt

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

abam wrote:

hi, ken.

Awesomeness!

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:23 AM
monochrome
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

NCam wrote:
Agreed. I'm not exactly a rookie and I still turn to KR to read what he has to think about gear. I can't read about his techniques (too many inconsistencies for me) but his reviews are better than nothing. I find them to be rather meticulous and informative.

That's the problem, "what he thinks about gear", he talks a lot about the gear, with the impression that he has at least used it to give his opinion. Equipment that he "reviews"some, he never touched before posting about.

But he can gather specs very other sites very well.

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:26 AM
supermario343
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

Enjoy the d7000. Its a wonderful camera and paired with a great lens, it can give you sharp sharp images!

Dec 13, 2011 at 04:20 AM
g_man604

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Christmas is the best day out of the year

To be specific, What I gathered from his site are the functions that were pretty much unknown to me.

yes, I could have read the manual but I got the camera a day before leaving for Europe so I was pretty much using the camera with the basic information that I knew already from my previous SLR.

I didn't know about U1 and U2, auto ISO function, D-lighting, Sharpness etc from Vivid, standard etc that can be changed.

That alone can improve anyone's photos

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password