Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · " Help " Lost our 23" Apple Cinema Display this morning ...

nvrupnvrin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · " Help " Lost our 23" Apple Cinema Display this morning "Help" please.

This morning, the 23 inch cinema display screen went black. No power light on the front, either. I checked all the power cords, and re-plugged everything into the Mac Book pro (Running Snow Leopard). When I attach the DVI cable to the MacBook, the screen goes to blue, no icons on the screen. When I unplug the DVI, the icons return.

I tried powering down the computer, and powering up again, since I had no way of knowing if the power to the display was on or off.

Is it the display itself, or could it be the DVI protion of the cable?
AND ....
Same result when I tried to connect to the PowerBook. Screen icons disappear from the notebook's display.

DVI plug or entire display?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich

Dec 12, 2011 at 02:58 PM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · " Help " Lost our 23" Apple Cinema Display this morning "Help" please.

Cant help but when you plug in a different computer, the icons disappear as its assuming that the external screen will be your primary and shifts everything over to there.

turn on all your lights and take a good look at the display, you may be able to see a very faint image. If you can then it means that its the backlight thats blown.

Less expensive to replace but either way the screen is stuffed.

Sorry.

Dec 12, 2011 at 08:50 PM
nvrupnvrin
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · " Help " Lost our 23" Apple Cinema Display this morning "Help" please.

Neither of the devices using the USB ports on the back of the display will work. When I try either, I get the "printer is offline" error message. Would that indicate the problem is the power supply rather than the display?

Dec 13, 2011 at 04:35 AM
morganb4
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · " Help " Lost our 23" Apple Cinema Display this morning "Help" please.

^yep.

Dec 14, 2011 at 08:25 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.