Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Canon body/Nikon Flash

dpun
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon body/Nikon Flash

I've got a Canon 40D body and there's potential I'll be working with a Nikon shooter in the near future. Can I hook up my 40D body to an SB-28 and SB800 and fire them successfully in manual? I think the SB800 will work but not sure of the SB-28's trigger voltage (don't want to damage the body).

And I presume the same thing would work in reverse? D300 body can use the EX580II's in manual.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 12, 2011 at 01:55 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon body/Nikon Flash

The SB-28 should be OK. A handy reference: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html found in 15 seconds by Googling "SB-28 trigger voltage"

With regard to using the 580exII on the Nikon body: On a Canon body the flash goes into stand-by "sleep" mode after 90 sec., reawakening when the shutter button half pressed or * / AF-On is pressed (if enabled). To prevent the flash from sleeping in the Nikon you'll need to override that. On the 580ex it is done by holding down the mode button for 2 sec. until the M indicator starts to blink. It may have changed on the 580exII so consult your manual in the section on using it in M mode.

Dec 12, 2011 at 02:58 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password