Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

Okay, had this happen a few times.

I'd read a card (doesn't matter which card) and LR would give me a thing saying, such and such photo couldn't be imported.

Remove card, start again, and it imports fine.

Well, this photo imports into LR and shows classic file corruption issues, right? Well, I take the same file from the same card, just manually drag it over, instead of import via LR. I open it in bridge, looks fine. Open it in PS, looks fine.

I'm guessing a possibly bad card reader, because I've had it happen with any number of cards, used or brand new.

Any advice?

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:10 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

which card reader ? and which interface (e.g. usb 3.0) ? If it is a usb 3.0 card reader then does it work ok on a usb 2.0 port ?

Did Ps import it successfully via the card reader or only from your hard drive after you used the operating system to transfer the file ?

- Alan

Dec 12, 2011 at 01:49 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

A Lexar card reader.

Have had it happen with transcend 400x and Sandisk extreme iii cf cards.

Not sure if the xps8100 is USB 3.0 or not.

Corruption happened in lr import. If I take the same .cr2 file that lr imported, and open it in bridge the preview is fine, but upon opening acr, it gets corrupted.

If I take the file and copy it from the card, it is just fine.

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:36 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

You say "in lightroom"

take your corrupted picture and look at it in the library panel, and then look at it again in the develop panel - is it corrupted in both? (library is the jpg preview, develop is converted from the raw file)

Dec 13, 2011 at 06:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

TrojanHorse wrote:
You say "in lightroom"

take your corrupted picture and look at it in the library panel, and then look at it again in the develop panel - is it corrupted in both? (library is the jpg preview, develop is converted from the raw file)

The above SS is in the library panel.

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

Yes, I see that - is the image corrupted if you look at it in the develop panel? I'm theorizing that maybe your jpg preview is screwed up, not the whole file.

Dec 14, 2011 at 05:48 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

TrojanHorse wrote:
Yes, I see that - is the image corrupted if you look at it in the develop panel? I'm theorizing that maybe your jpg preview is screwed up, not the whole file.

In both, it is wasted.

Dec 14, 2011 at 03:40 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Corrupt file in LR, but not in PS??

Guess you're on it with the card reader then. I generally drag mine to the hard drive (a spare) and then import from there anyway - it makes it easier when you have multiple cards, so since that's working for you its an option till you figure out a new reader.

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:08 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password