Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

Smiert Spionam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

I'm trying to fashion an adapter for a scavenged lens, and I'm trying to figure out what my options are for shallow mounts. If any of you with adapters could do a couple of quick measurements, you could save me a lot of hassle.

The shallowest adapter I've got is for an Olympus Pen-F, and it's about 16mm total depth, including the flange of the mount. If I remove the chrome locking ring, it's about 14mm, but that's still too deep for me to reach infinity focus. Something around 10mm would be better.

I need at least a 27mm hole to accommodate the rear lens assembly, and it could be up to about 47mm.

A c-mount adapter is definitely shallow enough, though I'd have to enlarge the hole, and I think it would be less stable than I'd like.

Would anyone here be willing to measure your Leica screw mount and/or M mount adapters? I mostly need the total mount depth.

If any of you happen to have a screw mount adapter like the one linked below, it would also be a huge help if you could tell me the width of the chrome threaded insert -- I may be able to remove the insert, and fit my lens down inside the adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/RainbowImaging-Leica-Screw-Camera-Adapter/dp/B003XQAIKK

Thanks!

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Jacob D
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

My Voigtlander M to E adapter's face to face thickness is 9.70mm

I don't know if it helps, but the LTM to M adapters have 1mm thick flanges and the overall dimension is 7.62mm

...and since it was sitting in front of me, my OM to E adapter's face to face thickness is 30.38mm

Dec 12, 2011 at 02:37 AM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

If you go here, wiki lens mount graph, you can see the flange focal distance for just about every mount out there. Subtract 18mm from it, and you get the size of the corresponding adapter for NEX.

Dec 12, 2011 at 03:06 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #4 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

douglasf13 wrote:
If you go here, wiki lens mount graph, you can see the flange focal distance for just about every mount out there. Subtract 18mm from it, and you get the size of the corresponding adapter for NEX.

+1

Dec 12, 2011 at 07:23 AM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.1 #5 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

Much appreciated -- thanks, all!

I think my only remaining question is about the width of the threaded insert in the cheap LTM-NEX adapters. There's still a possibility that with the threads removed, I could nest the lens body into the adapter a bit, which would help a lot.

Otherwise, I'll modify a c-mount adapter, or take the dremel to the Pen-F adapter I've already got, since there's not much difference between it and the Leica mounts.

Dec 12, 2011 at 02:25 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.1 #6 · need an NEX favor: adapter measurements?

I wanted to try this out, so I made a quick and dirty mount from a third party lens cap. It's still a little off for infinity but close. I think I need to find a machine shop or a neighbor with a drill press, so I can enlarge a c-mount adapter -- I think that's ultimately the way to go for this project.

Here it is, if any of you are interested:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1068429

Dec 12, 2011 at 07:51 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password