Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Flash Trigger Question

Robert Spencer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Flash Trigger Question

Can anyone tell me it this product will fire thestrobes on the kit below using a fuji S-3?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yongnuo-RF-603-Flash-trigger-Vivitar-285HV-/250893168252?pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item3a6a65ee7c

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=404366&is=REG&si=rev#costumerReview

Thanks & take care. Bob

Dec 11, 2011 at 08:31 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #2 · Flash Trigger Question

If the strobes have either a 1/8 or 1/4 jack (or a PC/Sync, but most new strobes don't), then the trigger will work. You'll just need the correct cord to plug into the strobes.

Dec 11, 2011 at 08:46 PM
Robert Spencer
• • •
p.1 #3 · Flash Trigger Question

Dave by correct cord do you mean the sync cord? I was under the impression that the sync cord was replaced by the trigger kit. Excuse my ignorance. I`m just trying to learn this to help my daughter get started in portraiture. My background had been more in landscapes & wildlife. Take care. Bob

Dec 11, 2011 at 09:52 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #4 · Flash Trigger Question

Bob, no problem. It can be confusing when you start out.

You need a sync cord from the trigger receiver to the flash. Since you are looking at studio style strobes, they won't have a hot shoe on them. The trigger transmitter goes on your camera hot shoe and you won't need a cord for that part.

If you were thinking about using hot shoe flashes, then you wouldn't need sync cords at all. The flashes would simply slide onto the triggers.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Flash Trigger Question

Robert Spencer wrote:
Can anyone tell me it this product will fire thestrobes on the kit below using a fuji S-3?

The specific trigger you linked to is intended for the Vivitar 285HV flash, which uses a proprietary sync cord plug.

Not worries, though. Sync cords are a $5 to $10 item, so when the triggers come if they don't have the right cord in the package you can get the one that will work with your strobe brand at almost any camera store.

As mentioned above, the transmitter side slides into the camera's hot shoe. Unlike Minolta/Sony cameras, the Fuji S3 uses the same hot shoe design as Nikon, so it's essentially a "standard issue" item, and will work just fine.

Dec 12, 2011 at 02:04 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password