Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · D3s and Kelvin wb

amlsml
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D3s and Kelvin wb

tried using the kelvin scale to set a CWB on my d3s. Set camera to live mode and dialed in the K for WB. took out my white card and pointed the camera at the white balance card. Dialed in the kelvin value till 4550 looked good on my lcd. shot my pics and game back with everything looking very cool. My exif in post showed Auto WB even though the camera was set to K. what am I missing? the pic is only cropped and straight from camera?

Dec 10, 2011 at 01:34 PM
jmcfadden
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D3s and Kelvin wb

not really the best way to set the WB , read again how to do the manual setting and Never trust the LCD for anything. Even doing it the right way you realize that the lights cycle and your brain just averages this on the fly but the camera can be brutal as it captures the scene when the lights are either more red or more blue or green etc so even doing the manual WB the correct way will be right on for only a subset of all the images you take in the arena

J

Dec 10, 2011 at 04:41 PM
hjanssen
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D3s and Kelvin wb

amlsml wrote:
My exif in post showed Auto WB even though the camera was set to K.

My exif reader tells WB manual. Maybe was the light where you were different from the light in the field.

Dec 10, 2011 at 05:17 PM
Elan II
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D3s and Kelvin wb

Kelvin is not a color scale, it's a color temperature scale. You can for example achieve the same color temperature with pink and orange. This is why you'll have a major green cast in this shot even after correcting the color temperature. Custom WB off the ice will get you a lot closer. There's no real way to overcome the continuous light color shift.

Dec 10, 2011 at 08:43 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password