New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · 1Dmk4 issue......

e.s.sandusky
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1Dmk4 issue......

In manual mode when taking a burst of images.......the first image is always a stop or so brighter than the rest. Also, the 2nd and onward images are about a meg and a half smaller. After the first image all the others maintain the same exposure and image size as would be expected in maul mode.

So.......what do you think the issue is? (It's currently on the way to CPS, per their request)

al

Dec 09, 2011 at 01:17 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1Dmk4 issue......

Look at the exif for the images. Are the reported shutter speeds, apertures, and ISO remaining the same for the first and subsequent shots? If they are, it might be something goofy in the amp. Either way, I'm sure CPS will sort it out, but it's interesting to speculate.

Dec 09, 2011 at 01:48 PM
e.s.sandusky
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1Dmk4 issue......

yes, cam reports everything the same.

I tried different lenses, reinstalled firmware, still happens. It also happens in AV mode (noticable if I take a burst of the same scene)

Dec 09, 2011 at 02:18 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1Dmk4 issue......

So was the first shot too bright or were the others too dark ?
How did the first shot compare with taking a single shot ?

It'll be interesting to hear what CPS find but I wonder if it was a lens aperture diaphragm problem rather than a camera problem. The answers to the questions above might steer you to the lens unless CPS find something wrong with the camera.

The changing file size is not a worry - if the image is darker then there is perhaps less data and it is easier to compress the file. Conversely a brighter but not blown out image might have more data and be harder to compress.

- Alan

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:35 AM
e.s.sandusky
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1Dmk4 issue......

Well, I tried numerous lens thinking it might be a lens issue, got the same results. The first image is brighter and I suspect that's why it had more data in the file.

I hope to know by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest as to what's really happening.

I'm guessing corrupt firmware or a bad circuit board........we'll see

Dec 10, 2011 at 01:00 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1Dmk4 issue......

shutter assembly

Dec 11, 2011 at 07:22 AM
chrisdee
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1Dmk4 issue......

Andrew J wrote:
shutter assembly

+1
Sounds like sticky shutter issue to me.

Dec 11, 2011 at 06:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.