Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · I Need An Action For Rounded Corners?

therock
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · I Need An Action For Rounded Corners?

Can I get something that will round off the corners of an image with a single key stroke?

Thanks

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:07 AM
Mr Mouse
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · I Need An Action For Rounded Corners?

Create an action and assign a shortcut keyto it like F12. An action for a single layer background image woul look like this.
Step 1 Convert Background to normal layer to suppoty transparency
Step 2 Use rounded rectangle shape tool to create a path for 100% of the image
Step 3 Convert work path to a selection
Sten 4 add layer mask.

Edited on Dec 09, 2011 at 11:57 AM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2011 at 04:21 AM
therock
• • •
p.1 #3 · I Need An Action For Rounded Corners?

Thanks, and forgive my lack of savvy but that's a little deep for me.

Let me give you what I found while waiting for an FM response and perhaps you can point me at the advantages or disadvantages of what I found in comparison?

I found another that's less in steps. My purpose is for Webb.
Open a .jpg.

Rename the background layer.
Add layer mask, and click a 2nd time to add a vector mask.
Select the rectangle tool, choose a size for the radius and draw it.
Choose image/trim and tick Transparent Pixels and OK.
Done. Save As and close.

Is this easy method too good to be true?

Now I guess I can do it while recording in the actions pallet and figure out how to save the action is next.

THANKS!

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:21 AM
Mr Mouse
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · I Need An Action For Rounded Corners?

You wrote "Can I get something that will round off the corners of an image with a single key stroke?".

In order to do it with one key stroke means you want to automate it. An Action or an Action + a Script would be needed and it would need to be assigned a shortcut key. Your single key stroke.

Your steps are very much like the action I show in my first apend. There are alway more the one way to do somthing in Photoshop. All actions are is a recording of Photoshop steps with some settings recorded into the steps.

Your steps would need to be recorded into an action. The tricky part is the Rounded Rectangle Shape tool needs to be recorded correctly. When Photoshop records some steps it is very important to have the ruler units set so steps are recorded the way you want them to be recorded. Some tool like selection tool record an area size. Size is recorded according to how Photoshope ruler units is currently set. So the area recorded can be recorded as an Absolute Pixel Sixe or a relative size based on the DPI resolution or a size relative to the Document Pixel size. When you do your steps manually you will not have any problem because you Draw out the selection each time. However when you record your steps into an action the selection is not drawn out manually unless you turn on that steps dialog and make the action interactive (which kills your single key stroke requirement). When the step is automatic the selection is the one recorded. If all the document you use the action on are all the same pixel size and have the same dpi resolution. It does not matter much how you record the rectangle selection. However if you intent to use the action on any size document the way the rectangle selection is recorded is critical.

If you look at the steps in my action you will see I had ruler units set to Percent. You can see the top left cornor is 0%,0% and the bottom right is 100% 100% Full image no crop just rounded cornors.

Your use of Image Trim would Crop the image and round the remaing cornors if the selection is less then image size. My Action would not corp the image if the selection is less them image size It would just mask the image so only the selected area would show.

Dec 09, 2011 at 11:51 AM
therock
• • •
p.1 #5 · I Need An Action For Rounded Corners?

Thanks for your valuable time, you have cleared it up.

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:18 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password