Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Tips on Selling Camera/Lens

nightlinedrive
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tips on Selling Camera/Lens

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the FredMiranda forums and joined primarily so I can join the buy/sell community. I've been trying to sell my Nikon D5100 and Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5 lens to no avail, most probably because I don't have any feedback as a new user. Are there any tips you guys have to selling in the forum or garnering trust? Thanks in advance.

Edison

Dec 08, 2011 at 09:39 PM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tips on Selling Camera/Lens

If your gear is not selling only because you're new, then you can provide your ebay id where hopefully you have good feedback. If not, you'll need to build up some feedback here on FM - I started by selling low-$ items initially and buying items (since both affect your rating) before I sold anything big.

Dec 08, 2011 at 09:59 PM
nightlinedrive
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tips on Selling Camera/Lens

Hm, yeah. I don't have an eBay account. I'm not keen on spending any more money than I have to, since I am attempting to the sales to fund another purchase. Is there any personal way to get a sale maybe through video chat or some other means of more personal communication?

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Mickey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tips on Selling Camera/Lens

The main thing about first time selling here at FM is to make a prospective buyer comfortable with you as a new FMer. Provide plenty of info about yourself and offer local inspection and pickup. The opportunity for phone contact is a positive move as well. Photos of items you're selling can be helpful along with a good description. If you have a website or other source of identification you might want to share it and be sure if put a little more effort in filling out your FM profile information. Skimpy ID info makes buyers nervous about sending money to an unknown seller.
Additionally be sure and do a through check on current selling prices.
Good luck you'll do fine.

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:04 PM
nightlinedrive
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tips on Selling Camera/Lens

Thank you for the tips Mickey. Hopefully it'll work. (:

Dec 09, 2011 at 12:02 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password