Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

classicph
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

I need to restore deleted photos from a job i did while back-they are deleted from catalog, but still on disc.
How can I restore them?

Dec 08, 2011 at 07:17 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

re-import them i guess.

Dec 08, 2011 at 07:39 PM
classicph
• • •
p.1 #3 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

can i then separate them from the ones i have now? and how?

Dec 08, 2011 at 07:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

James_N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

You can make a collection to group the restored files together.

Dec 08, 2011 at 08:03 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #5 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

When you reimport them, you can choose "move" instead of "add" and put them where ever you like.

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:25 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · how can I restore deleted photos from catalog in LR

You can synchronize the folder that contains the photos. Then it will ignore the photos already in the catalog but will let you import or reject any that are not. Newly imported photos will not have any of the previous Lr tweaks applied to them.

In Library grid view, right click on the appropriate folder in the left panel and then select synchronize. Take it from there. Note that when synchronizing you have the option to delete library photos that are no longer in the folder. Disable that one for now. You can do metadata changes too. Disable that one too for now. At this stage all you want is to bring in the photos that are not in the library. At the import stage you will get a further choice to prevent bringing in suspected duplicates.

Once imported, every file in the most recent import is in a special Lr collection. It is called Previous Import and is up near the top of the panel. Even though they are in there the files are stored wherever they actually were. From this collection you can apply labels or keywords or whatever to separate them from other photos. You could also drag them to a new or different folder no matter which folder(s) they are presently in (i.e. they'll all get relocated from their respective locations to the new folder). Or you could add them to a new collection while leaving them wherever they are.

If it is too late to catch them in the Previous Import collection you might still get them based on the date and time they were added to the library if you sort the folder by Added Order.

I always Add when I import and handle any relocations myself afterwards.

- Alan

Dec 10, 2011 at 09:19 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password