Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2011 · gonna rant about the 580 EXII...pics added

digitalbug30d
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · gonna rant about the 580 EXII...pics added

I looked at the pins of my off shoe cord and they are just like the ones on the 420 EX,I pictured on the 1st page...it seems those work the best,wonder why Canon tried 3 pin designs?

Dec 09, 2011 at 08:48 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · gonna rant about the 580 EXII...pics added

digitalbug30d wrote:
I looked at the pins of my off shoe cord and they are just like the ones on the 420 EX,I pictured on the 1st page...it seems those work the best,wonder why Canon tried 3 pin designs?

The older-style pins seem to work fine most of the time, but in a few cases they would sometimes bind in the base of the foot and not make contact with the disks on the shoe. Flicking them down with a little screwdriver was easy, but inconvenient especially since one propbably wouldn't know they were binding until after trying to take a shot.

So, R&D continued and in fixing one problem another was introduced...so now were onto a third version. It seems to be working pretty well at this point.

Dec 09, 2011 at 09:00 PM
danielz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · gonna rant about the 580 EXII...pics added

wanted to follow-up on my repair.

Canon covered two flash units as warranty for me. On the return letter (very fast, only three total days to receive the repaired flashes), they indicated/agreed that flash did not fire as expected and replaced the base. Both units have the new foot. No questions asked.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:31 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password