Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

They look like pixel king but are a tad cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bishop-wireless-flash-trigger-Canon-E-TTL-II-580EX-II-/330534786148?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item4cf5689464

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:05 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

Nevermind. Just read a review which indicates it's just a flash trigger, not TTL even though their ad says TTL !

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:16 AM
gpop
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

they look exactly like the pixel king.
I just got a set of the pixel kings, and so far I'm not sure they're going to work out.
biggest beef so far (other than inconsistency) is that they two buttons on the sides that control channel and group are very easy to hit unintentionally. so much so that it might be a deal breaker for me.

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:18 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

jzucker wrote:
Nevermind. Just read a review which indicates it's just a flash trigger, not TTL even though their ad says TTL !

Very misleading (and I suspect deliberate) nomenclature. It passes ETTL data through to its shoe; but it doesn't transmit it, so I hardly consider that to be an ETTL trigger!

Time to tell everyone I know to boycott Pixel.

Dec 08, 2011 at 09:20 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

gpop wrote:
they look exactly like the pixel king.
I just got a set of the pixel kings, and so far I'm not sure they're going to work out.
biggest beef so far (other than inconsistency) is that they two buttons on the sides that control channel and group are very easy to hit unintentionally. so much so that it might be a deal breaker for me.

I don't know if you saw my other posting but I actually bought the new pixel king "King" version which is supposed to work with ETTL. It doesn't work with the 5d mk ii and a 580ex.

FYI - The control channel and group buttons which you speak of might be easy to jostle but you have to hold them down for several seconds to make them enter configuration mode. If you just bump them, all it does is blinks the LED indicator.

Dec 11, 2011 at 01:45 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kewlcanon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

Checkout Phottix Odin.

http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-odin-ttl-flash-trigger-for-canon.html

jzucker wrote:
They look like pixel king but are a tad cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bishop-wireless-flash-trigger-Canon-E-TTL-II-580EX-II-/330534786148?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item4cf5689464

Dec 11, 2011 at 01:48 AM
gpop
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

>>>>FYI - The control channel and group buttons which you speak of might be easy to jostle but you have to hold them down for several seconds to make them enter configuration mode. If you just bump them, all it does is blinks the LED indicator.<<<

not on any of the four units I own. one quick press and they're in screwyou mode.

fwiw, they seem to operate a lot better on 7d and 1d3 than on 5d, 1ds2.....so far. still messing with them before the return date.

Dec 11, 2011 at 03:33 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

gpop wrote:
>>>>FYI - The control channel and group buttons which you speak of might be easy to jostle but you have to hold them down for several seconds to make them enter configuration mode. If you just bump them, all it does is blinks the LED indicator.<<<

not on any of the four units I own. one quick press and they're in screwyou mode.

fwiw, they seem to operate a lot better on 7d and 1d3 than on 5d, 1ds2.....so far. still messing with them before the return date.

Are you sure about the button thing? It's right in the manual and I configured mine and it works as I stated. Maybe the model you have is a different rev than mine.

Dec 12, 2011 at 01:27 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone try the Bishop ETTL flash trigger?

i looked at the odin information but it's almost as expensive as pocketwizard and at this point I'm hesitant to plunk down $400+ on something that may not work with my 5d / 580ex unless I buy from amazon

Dec 12, 2011 at 01:41 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password