Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Lumbar Bags

Granada

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lumbar Bags

I am looking to pick up a lumbar bag that will be big enough to stash my D7000 (with or w/out the grip) and probably an extra lens. My idea is I would like to have a bag that I can put my camera, extra lens, water bottle, snack, and maybe an extra article of clothing. I would mainly use it for snow shoeing, hiking, biking trips. Nothing too crazy I'm usually only out for a few hours.
So far the Mountainsmith bags have caught my attention, specifically the Tour and the Day. These aren't camera specific bags but I think they could serve the purpose. My biggest concern is whether the Tour will be big enough for what I'm trying to do. If the tour isn't big enough, I'll move up to the Day.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Dec 07, 2011 at 01:06 AM
WiLLGT09
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lumbar Bags

I have a Mountainsmith Tour, and it would probably carry everything you describe, depending on size of the lenses. Although an extra article of clothing may be too big, again depending on what it is - you could perhaps use the bungee on the outside to stash it.

There isn't much padding on the bottom of the Tour (I have the non-photo-specific version), so I added a layer of foam that I had laying around in the bottom just to had a little bit of protection.

Dec 07, 2011 at 05:05 PM
Granada

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lumbar Bags

Great, thanks for the comment. The extra clothing would usually be something I could bungee (extra layer shirt, light jacket...). I'm also pretty sure I have plenty of foam dividers that I should be able to line the bottom with.
Thanks again.
Justin

Dec 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password