Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Off camera flash for NEX?

vallejo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Off camera flash for NEX?

I know there is a NEX flash,gn 20, but did not see a cable to shoot it off camera, is it possible? Ou maybe using an Alpha series flash with a cable?
Andre

Dec 04, 2011 at 12:58 PM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Off camera flash for NEX?

There is no easy way to do this.
My setup has an optical slave attached in front of the screw-on flash, the slave connected to a radio transmitter and the strobe on the receiving end. The hard part is to get an optical slave with enough delayed reaction that it does not get triggered by any pre-flashes.

Awkward and oversized at best but doable if you need to.

Dec 04, 2011 at 01:17 PM
vallejo
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Off camera flash for NEX?

Yes,it's complicated...I'll be looking for something simple for using on the NEX 7, small and portable, loke camera in one hand, flash in the other...
tks

Dec 04, 2011 at 01:27 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Off camera flash for NEX?

With the 5n, I've found a manual flash triggered optically from the onboard flash to be a little less complicated than rigging up a wireless trigger -- I've done this successfully with a YongNuo 560, which is cheap (though not compact).

You should be able to do the same thing with the 7, though you'll have other options since it's got a flash shoe. There are a number of dedicated Sony units, and with an adapter, you could mount a wireless trigger to completely eliminate any onboard flash.

I don't use flash much with this camera anyway, but the ability to use an NEX-7 occasionally with a wireless trigger and remote slaves is pretty appealing.

Dec 04, 2011 at 02:49 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password