Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2011 · Refurb prices on D700 and D3s just went up.

Gaylon Holmes
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Refurb prices on D700 and D3s just went up.

NikonGuyIsHere wrote:
I got my D700 for $1400, so I'm better than everyone here

You rule, dude!

Dec 05, 2011 at 05:45 PM
mrgetalife
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Refurb prices on D700 and D3s just went up.

I choked when i saw the updated flash prices. The Refurb SB600 is almost the same price as what a new unit sold for when it was available.

Dec 08, 2011 at 02:53 AM
Gilman

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Refurb prices on D700 and D3s just went up.

I will echo a few comments. Guy that lives down the block from me works for Nissan Japan. When the Yen gets stronger they lose more money he freely admits it. He does currency speculation on the side as a hobby. He isn't buying Nikon gear but is buying green backs at a discount.

Let's say 1,000 Yen is $10.00 or what most American's living in Japan think of as 1 for 1 exchange rate. But when it only takes 75 Yen to make a $1 things start to hurt. The same $10 spent on cars/lens/cameras etc only nets Nikon $7 and change. So they have to raise the price to $13.34 to get the same 1,000 Yen back in their pocket.

I won't hazard a guess on how bad the events in Thailand and Japan have had an effect. Re-tooling and stocking can't be good for the bottom line.

The other thing I have noticed is that Christmas is coming up. So people will have to spend to get what they want to give. I usually buy what people want. Sad to report at my house the only one that wants new equipment this year is me. My wife informed me that I haven't been good enough to convince Santa to bring a D700/70-200 2.8 combo this year.

So I have started looking used. Some will skip dealing with ebay / yahoo auctions japan and just deal with what they can get re-ferbed. I am looking for deal on a D700. But I am in no hurry. $1,900 to $2,400 is what the market appears to be like to me.

-Gilman

Dec 08, 2011 at 03:36 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.