FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              7       8       end

Archive 2011 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

lukeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_5d3.html

I'm a Nikon guy, but spotted this tonite.

Dec 02, 2011 at 12:44 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

I take 1DX and whatever best 5D's

Dec 02, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

Maybe they follow Nikon now and put the 1DX Sensor in the 5D follow up giving it unbelieveable high IQ at ISO 51K (at half to 1/3rd of the 1D X price)?

Dec 02, 2011 at 06:52 AM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

That rumor doesn't say anything about a 5D3 at all. It says that Canon will want to see the sales numbers for the 1DX before they make a decision about a higher resolution camera, of any kind.

Dec 02, 2011 at 07:13 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

Ralph Conway wrote:
Maybe they follow Nikon now and put the 1DX Sensor in the 5D follow up giving it unbelieveable high IQ at ISO 51K (at half to 1/3rd of the 1D X price)?

For the feature set, the 1DX is a fantastic price. You really think you're going to get it reduced?

Dec 02, 2011 at 07:40 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

RobertLynn wrote:
For the feature set, the 1DX is a fantastic price. You really think you're going to get it reduced?

No, Robert. I do not. It was just a joke. And there is no price yet for Europe/Germany.
But I would be fine with 4 FPS and 7Ds AF in a 5D MK III at 18MP and ISO 51K.
And what Nikon did with D3/D700 to me is comparable with what Canon did with 1Ds MK III/5D MK II.
So there is always some blue sky visible at the horizon.
1D X is MY dream body! And my experience taught me, dreams come true. Sometimes it just needs a couple of years.

Dec 02, 2011 at 08:03 AM
yellowducky
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

1Dx isn't quite my dream body, but its close enough so put one in a shop so I can buy it today before Ralph gets it!

Dec 02, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

Seems to me you can buy yours before mine. Does not matter WHEN it really comes to the shops.

Dec 02, 2011 at 11:16 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

1D-X is only ~1 stop better at high ISO than previous Canons. It's hardly amazing and I highly doubt will exceed the Nikon D3s' high ISO performance.

EBH

Dec 02, 2011 at 11:22 AM
dcmiller
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

We're not going to be seeing much real improvement in true ISO performance, just increasingly sophisticated in camera software processing for noise reduction post capture.
The slowing rate of new higher-end camera introductions is likely a trend that will continue. We're seeing very good image quality in inexpensive cameras. That seems to indicate maturing technology.

Dec 02, 2011 at 11:40 AM
artsupreme
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

The 1DX sensor seems like a perfect fit for the 5D3 or 3D....I hope.

Dec 02, 2011 at 12:24 PM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

Exactly (and sadly). The files I've seen from a Nikon D3x at 102,400 are just draw dropping (let alone what Nikon will be coming out with next). It's kinda sad to hear the initial reports that the 1Dx may suffer banding problems at 51200. I know, I know, who in their right mind needs ISO 102,400. Well, I do. I'm sick of shooting primes wide open in dark areas. What if I want to shoot avail light in a dark location and actually stop down for some depth of field?

EB-1 wrote:
1D-X is only ~1 stop better at high ISO than previous Canons. It's hardly amazing and I highly doubt will exceed the Nikon D3s' high ISO performance.

EBH

Dec 02, 2011 at 12:34 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

alundeb wrote:
That rumor doesn't say anything about a 5D3 at all. It says that Canon will want to see the sales numbers for the 1DX before they make a decision about a higher resolution camera, of any kind.

"of ANY kind" includes 5D3 though then

Dec 02, 2011 at 01:00 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

Ralph Conway wrote:

Wow, so you'd be fine with the same sluggish fps and mirror/trigger response and the old 7D AF which arguably does slightly worse for center point still shots at times and 3 less MP? I hate to say it but ANYTHING Nikon did for the D800 would just crush that. It's not like the sensor in it will be like 3-4 stops better or something, maybe 1 stop. And DR remains to be seen, there are some hints the DR might still not even hit the current Sony sensor levels. It's not like we are talking a year later as with many xxD upgrades but FOUR years later and it might be another 4 using it after that.

Honestly I would just stick with my 5D2 and maybe get a 70D for the improved video (and might truly start looking D800 in a serious way for first time ever).

Dec 02, 2011 at 01:03 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

skibum5 wrote:
(and might truly start looking D800 in a serious way for first time ever).

I think a lot of people are going to start looking that direction if Canon doesn't deliver something soon that satisfies the compact FF body with pro AF hole. I'm really excited to see the D800 myself. I can' t imagine they would go with 36MP (and hope they don't) but I bet it's going to be a really impressive camera that fills the niche where Canon is lacking right now.

Dec 02, 2011 at 01:12 PM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

It's no shock we all want to see Canon do as best as they possibly can. We all just have different opinions!

Dec 02, 2011 at 01:45 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

skibum5 wrote:
Wow, so you'd be fine with the same sluggish fps and mirror/trigger response and the old 7D AF which arguably does slightly worse for center point still shots at times and 3 less MP? I hate to say it but ANYTHING Nikon did for the D800 would just crush that. It's not like the sensor in it will be like 3-4 stops better or something, maybe 1 stop. And DR remains to be seen, there are some hints the DR might still not even hit the current Sony sensor levels. It's not like we are talking a year later as
...Show more

If the D800 AF is better than the D700 AF, then fine, but I'm not sure it will be so simple with 36 MP.

EBH

Dec 02, 2011 at 01:50 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

and so would I.

Ralph Conway wrote:

Dec 02, 2011 at 02:19 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

Ralph Conway wrote:
No, Robert. I do not. It was just a joke. And there is no price yet for Europe/Germany.
And what Nikon did with D3/D700 to me is comparable with what Canon did with 1Ds MK III/5D MK II.
So there is always some blue sky visible at the horizon.
1D X is MY dream body! And my experience taught me, dreams come true. Sometimes it just needs a couple of years.

It makes no sense to have only 4FPS at 18 MP in a 2012 FF body. The 5D II had more MP/sec. than that and of course the 2-year-old 7D has twice that amount.

EBH

Dec 02, 2011 at 02:28 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New 5D Mark 3 Rumors

In reference to the d3x/s ... (and this is an honest question as I have never researched these bodies...

How is the new canon 1dx better than the d3x/s which is older and cheaper...and may have better ISo?

Dec 02, 2011 at 03:01 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.