Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              5       6       end

Archive 2011 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?...

h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Nice ad for bh

Also, how to lose $2450 ...so the lens and tripod were ok?

Dec 02, 2011 at 07:54 PM
mfreardon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Henry, thanks for posting. I had not yet seen that video.

Dec 03, 2011 at 02:50 AM
timpdx
• • •
p.2 #3 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Its a perfectly nice gesture to replace the body and get a little publicity for B&H, why not? Also plays very well because the beach is Cannon Beach, Oregon, an additional play on the words. I like it, its good marketing.

Dec 03, 2011 at 03:01 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

This. Granted, my old 1d3 that is in the ocean wasn't bought from there...

"um hi, I'm a dumbass...can I get some free gear?"

Henry all negativity aside, an Acura tl is a fine car. Hope it's the next to newest and not the newest. They ruined the look of that car. The new grill is like...wtf were they thinking.

bipock wrote:
Henry, If B&H replaced this camera, could you give us the reasoning? In my opinion, while a nice gesture, you guy's (assuming you work for B&H) just opened a door you should have left closed. Replacing gear damaged because of stupidity?

If I dropped my 500 and broke the front element because I tripped on a tree root, is B&H gonna replace it? No - well you did it for him.

Dec 03, 2011 at 03:25 AM
big country
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I am actually thinking of boycotting b and h because of this.

Dec 03, 2011 at 04:12 AM
BennyR
• • •
p.2 #6 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I'm sorta with Robert on this one. Good publicity I guess. Should have made a video of my 24L bouncing on the rocks on the way down the mountain.

Dec 03, 2011 at 06:43 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

JakobT wrote:
I smell viral marketing

+1
Yes it's just ad and promotion of B&H.
It's not allowed according to the forum rules. Neither is links to Links to commercial sites in the signatures

Dec 03, 2011 at 07:36 AM
vuilang
• • •
p.2 #8 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

without knowing true causes, I just cant understand the reason B&H replaced the Canon 5dII for him free? WHY? is it under warrantee terms? Housing failed?

OR is this purely a game B&H is playing to lure more buyers with the thoughts of " B&H IS NICE.", if it was an Individual who gave Kurtis a camera, I'm truly applaud to this. BUT, B&H is a big company and has its/their policies need to be taken into account. Will B&H also replaces other poor-kid gears when lightning strike it?

Dec 03, 2011 at 07:55 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

EB-1 wrote:
Not too swift. I thought there were waterproof housings for such cameras.

Probably not "drift-log proof," though.

Dec 04, 2011 at 02:28 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I'm appalled at some of the negativity here. "No good deed goes unpunished" is right. What a bunch of whiney jerks.

Dec 04, 2011 at 02:31 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

BrianO wrote:
I'm appalled at some of the negativity here. "No good deed goes unpunished" is right. What a bunch of whiney jerks.

+1 and very sad to see.

EBH

Dec 04, 2011 at 02:56 AM
learyt

p.2 #12 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

BrianO wrote:

+1

Everyone on this forum is well aware of who B&H is. Not sure what the marketing hype is about.

So this guy fell into sh!t and came out smelling like roses. We all do stupid things from time to time. This guy got lucky. Be grateful the next time you do something stupid and get away with it...as we all do.

Dec 04, 2011 at 02:58 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

BrianO wrote:

Someone did something stupid, and Bh does something generous, but possibly not the best decision, and we are whiney jerks for saying about it? Hell even Henry from Bh made comments about it.

Sorry Brian, but you're being a "whiney jerk".
Someone did something stupid and got free shit out of it, how is this something most other people who have had something bad happen to them, and maybe. It through the same problem?

Like I said, there's a 1d3 in the Atlantic...gone. My stupidity. Not bh's problem. Not your problem, my problem.

What about yhe countless people who drop lenses? Should stores just send them replacements?

Dec 04, 2011 at 03:21 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

RobertLynn wrote:
...Someone did something stupid and got free shit out of it, how is this something most other people who have had something bad happen to them, and maybe. It through the same problem?

What?

RobertLynn wrote:
...What about yhe countless people who drop lenses? Should stores just send them replacements?

I gave $10 to a panhandler the other day, just because I felt like it. Am I now obligated to give every beggar $10? Should the fact that I won't give to every beggar negate the $10 I gave to this one? Hey, I guess he should give it back.

There's a radio station in Seattle that's giving $500 to certain needy people this Christmas. Does that mean they owe $500 to everyone in their listening audience?

This sense of entitlement is pervasive in our society, and it's a sickness. "If you won't give to me, you can't give to anyone! Whaaa."

Dec 04, 2011 at 03:47 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Giving to the needy is different than giving professional camera equipment to some dumbass who was like "yeah this is a good idea".

If you're suggesting I have a sense of entitlement, you can step off of your high horse...I've never taken a handout, and worked for everything i own.

If I spill my drink on the floor at the mall food court, I buy another...I don't get a new one from a store. My mistake, my problem.

Funny...I'm saying no one should receive shit for their own stupidity...you're then telling me about entitlement, and telling me about how you gave to a beggar.

BrianO wrote:
What?

I gave $10 to a panhandler the other day, just because I felt like it. Am I now obligated to give every beggar $10? Should the fact that I won't give to every beggar negate the $10 I gave to this one? Hey, I guess he should give it back.

There's a radio station in Seattle that's giving $500 to certain needy people this Christmas. Does that mean they owe $500 to everyone in their listening audience?

This sense of entitlement is pervasive in our society, and it's a sickness. "If you won't give to me, you can't give to anyone! Whaaa."

Dec 04, 2011 at 04:48 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

BrianO wrote:
What?

I can see how you would be confused by this. I typed it up on my iphone initially, and when I read it again, I did a "what the ".

What I'm guessing happened is the auto correct on my phone is partially to blame, and then when I scroll over certain areas, I'll highlight and delete text on accident. I will be typing and think I hit the space, and hit "v". It'll make one huge word, and then the phone will do its best guess to figure it out.

That said, here's what I was trying to say.

We've all done stupid things, and those stupid things have cost us money. That guy did something stupid, and got a free replacement camera out of it. Why shouldn't everyone think that's a problem? Your stupidity should cost you. I've learned in life, that lessons that cost me either MONEY or caused me physical PAIN were the ones that I've learned the most from.

Dec 04, 2011 at 04:56 AM
jeraldcook
• • •
p.2 #17 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

BrianO wrote:

+1

Let's just all be happy that BH made that fool's day a bit better instead of complaining tt we weren't the fool selected.

Dec 04, 2011 at 05:07 AM
abam
• • • •
p.2 #18 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

nice spam/marketing thread. paid industry representatives should be restricted to an "industry Q&A/announcements/etc" forum.

Dec 04, 2011 at 05:54 AM
huddy
• • •
p.2 #19 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I highly doubt the photographer/videographer ever expected B&H to give him a new camera. I won't deny that B&H will receive positive publicity from this; altruism and profit are mutually exclusive. As to the matter of B&H's business practices, since they are not a publicly-traded company that any of you own stock in, they are perfectly free to do whatever they please without regard to shareholder profit.

RobertLynn wrote:
That said, here's what I was trying to say.

We've all done stupid things, and those stupid things have cost us money. That guy did something stupid, and got a free replacement camera out of it. Why shouldn't everyone think that's a problem? Your stupidity should cost you. I've learned in life, that lessons that cost me either MONEY or caused me physical PAIN were the ones that I've learned the most from.

It sounds like you want to live in a world where there is only justice, but no mercy and/or grace. I am thankful that many people believe otherwise, because my life is much better thanks to the continual mercy and grace that I receive instead of justice.

Dec 04, 2011 at 06:44 AM
artyphoto

p.2 #20 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

huddy wrote:
... my life is much better thanks to the continual mercy and grace that I receive instead of justice.
Amen and that was nice of you B&H

Dec 04, 2011 at 07:23 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password