Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

desame.one

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

I was just curious to know if any of you have used this lens on your NEX body. I pre-ordered the NEX-7 and am trying to decide if I should purchase the Nokton or the Sony Zeiss 24 1.8. I don't care about AF and am more interested in determining the image quality from wide open to f/2.

If I do decide to travel the Nokton route, what adapter(s) can be recommended that have excellent build quality and allow focus to infinity?

Thanks!

Conrad

Dec 01, 2011 at 08:13 AM
slungu
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

As far as I know, the CV 25/0.95 is a m43 lens, a normal lens for that system, so it would not fit the NEX in any way, since it should have a smaller image circle than needed for the NEX. I would say, get the 35mm Nokton rather than the 25 if low light shooting with a normalish lens is what you want.

Regards, Conrad

Dec 01, 2011 at 08:40 AM
desame.one

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't take into consideration that the 25 was strictly a MFT lens. For some reason, I thought it was a RF lens. I just checked the Voigtlander site and now I feel like hiding behind a rock. .

I'm shopping for something in the 24mm range. Any recommendations so I can look into it and do some homework?

Thanks!

Conrad

Dec 01, 2011 at 09:14 AM
slungu
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

desame.one wrote:
Any recommendations so I can look into it and do some homework?

Well, your best bet if you want to stick to the NEX system is the new Zeiss, at least that's what I would guess. The other option would be the ZM25/2.8 - a little bit slower and manual focusing, but it can be used on other cameras also, if you do not want to be pinned down to the NEX system. Of course, there is also the Leica Summilux 24/1.4 ASPH, but that is a lot of money into only one lens ( true, a nice 35mm equiv. ), and the discontinued Elmarit 24/2.8 ASPH. And the 25/4 Voigtlander that is small, but maybe not the best performer.
Of course, you can also think about every SLR lens from the little Zuiko's, to the Nikkors and the C/Y Zeisses for the NEX, but the adapters are already a little big, so even a little lens in SLR terms will be pretty long on the NEX with adapter.
If you target the NEX-7, I would say you should still stick to the Zeiss 24/1.8, at least from what we know at this point.

Regards, Stefan

Dec 01, 2011 at 09:42 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

won't cover the sensor
http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2010/12/sony-nex-5-with-voigtlander-25mm-095.html

hopefully cv corrects this error.

Dec 01, 2011 at 01:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Snopchenko
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

24/1.8 looks like a great lens:
http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1452/cat/82
Not sure if it's $1000 good of course.

Dec 01, 2011 at 03:26 PM
Jacob D
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

You might want to look through the information in this thread.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1063956

Dec 01, 2011 at 03:56 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

I've considered getting the 25/.95 solely for shooting square on Nex.

Dec 01, 2011 at 04:02 PM
desame.one

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NEX + CV 25mm f/0.95 Question

Thanks for the links, everyone. I really wouldn't mind a very mild vignette, but it's obviously too extreme when mounted on a NEX body. Looks like the Zeiss 24 1.8 is at the top of my list right now, but I still have some time to decide.

Conrad

Dec 01, 2011 at 09:17 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password