Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Zeikos MB-D10 grip issues...

asamimasa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Zeikos MB-D10 grip issues...

I've got the Zeikos ZE-NBG300 Nikon MB-D10 equivalent on my D700, and was very satisfied with it. One night though before a shoot and making sure everything was working and waking up the next morning, I found that the grip was no longer being detected.
The camera didn't report a second battery being detected, and there was no BP indicator at the top. The scroll wheels, AF-On button, and multi-selector were also nonresponsive, but the shutter button still functions normally with no significant delay.
I've tried it on another D700 and D300, but the results were the same. I've tried using the standard EN-EL3e, En-El4a, and AA tray as well.
My camera settings are set to use the grip battery first, and the AA battery types are appropriate as well (NiMh).
When I remove the battery in the body and rely solely on the grip battery, the camera does detect the battery and will light up the viewfinder, but does not have enough juice to turn on/shoot/go through menus.

Anybody else have this sort of issue? Or know what's the issue?

Nov 30, 2011 at 08:55 AM
jlawrence
• • •
p.1 #2 · Zeikos MB-D10 grip issues...

i'd suggest you stop using it before you short your camera.

i had to get a replacement d700 cause a zeikos grip fried mine.

Nov 30, 2011 at 09:00 AM
DGC1
• • •
p.1 #3 · Zeikos MB-D10 grip issues...

jlawrence wrote:
i'd suggest you stop using it before you short your camera.

i had to get a replacement d700 cause a zeikos grip fried mine.

You are not the first. I will never understand investing $2K+ in a camera body and then putting a third party electronic device on it to save a few $$.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:37 PM
twistedlogic

p.1 #4 · Zeikos MB-D10 grip issues...

DGC1 wrote:
I will never understand investing $2K+ in a camera body and then putting a third party electronic device on it to save a few $$.

Well if there was a third party F-mount body with the same specs as the D700 and cost only $500 (1/4th the cost, the savings from choosing a third party grip) I'd be all over that.

Nov 30, 2011 at 05:41 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password