Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · What's the perfect bag for?

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What's the perfect bag for?

I am looking for recommendations for the perfect bag / backpack that can hold the Canon 16-35 II, the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 70-200 f/2.8 II L. I'm not talking about hiking up mountains for 8 hours straight. I'm talking about the smallest, lightest, most comfortable bag / backpack that I can carry those lenses in as I walk around for a few hours.

Thank you.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:57 AM
ynwtf

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What's the perfect bag for?

I use the ThinkTank Retrospective Lens Changer 3 (black) for weddings at around 8 hours give or take. I've not used many shoulder bags to make a solid comparison, but I don't think I will be bothering now that I have this bag. The strap is thick and wide and does not slip on my should. It has 3 lens pockets long enough for my 70-200IS II. During events I'll keep my lenses mount-side down, hoods attached and upright. My 70-200 hood pokes past the lip of the sleeve just enough to pinch a petal of the hood and slide the lense out for a switch. The bag has a flap loose enough that it can still fold over entirely. Of course it does not carry a body as it's just the lens changer bag, but there are other options in the Restrospective line that do.

With a camera around the neck and the 16-35 attached, you have room for the other two lenses plus a bottle of water (room temp to prevent sweating), or even a fourth lens if you are comfortable doing a one-handed lens change. There is a SMALL pocket up front that could hold some AA's or memory cards and a sleeve on the back wide enough for a note pade, magazine, forms, pens, business cards, etc. etc. The cover has a velcro seal that can be covered to allow quick access to the lenses, or just leave the cover backwards against the hip to have immediate access to lenses.

No. I do not work for TT. lol. I just love this bag.

- noel.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM
LARAB

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What's the perfect bag for?

Clikelite ProBody Sport http://www.clikelite.com/products/probody-sport/

Keeps the rain out, just large enough for your lens list and some water (70 oz. Camelbak fits nicely) and a few misc items. I've been using mine for a year or so and love it.

-B

Dec 01, 2011 at 08:48 AM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What's the perfect bag for?

This is A LOT of weight to carry around "for a few hours". Anything that keeps you comfortable for that amount of time will jeep you comfortbable hiking up a mountain. Clik Elite and F-stop make small lightly padded comfortable packs with good volume-weight ratio, but their prices make TT look downright cheap.

Dec 02, 2011 at 02:23 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.