Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Induro Monopod

widbays

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Induro Monopod

HelloÖthere,

Iím in the market of Monopod, and Iím thinking about Induro CM34 which unfortunately, I couldnít find any reviews throughout the internet. The camera and the lens that I will be using is 5D MKII with BG-E6 battery grip along with 70-200 f/2.8L IS II. I also will mounting a 400 f/5.6.

Another consideration of monopod that is already on my list is, Gitzo GM2541 and Feisol CM1471. I like the design and built quality of the Feisol. However, I have a small hands which I figure it will be difficult to grab the entire upper body which by the way has a diameter of 37mm/1.46 inch (not include the sponge warmer). Hence, Fesiol is out of my list.

The next contestant is Gitzo GM2541, this baby is always rock solid in terms of built quality, durability, and robustness. I already have the GT3541LS for a couple of years, so I know exactly their products quality. Anyhow, the load of this pod (GM2541) is right on my spot (12 kg/26.4lbs), the only thing that Iím concern is the upper tube diameter is only 28 mm/1.12 inch, and donít you think it is too small to support my gear?

My current monopod is the Bogen 134B (already discontinued obviously) made of aluminum, has upper tube diameter of 35 mm/1.4 inch, folded length is 65 cm/2.2 ft (not convenient to carry), and most of all it weight a ton aka too heavy to carry around.

The last contestant on my list is the Induro CM34, this thing is load with my criteria, it has upper tube diameter of 32 mm/1.28 inch which is perfect for my hands, and it load capacity is 18 kg/39.6 lbs.(more than enough for me to sit on its head). The max height and the folded length are also perfect for me. However, one thing for sure is that I donít know anything about this company especially their product quality. If the product quality which include the built, durability, and robustness is like Iím thinking, than this Induro thing is a clear winner among those three in terms of market price and mostly its specifications. It is truly suite my demands.

Finally, I would like to have some feedback from some of you who has the opportunity to try or to own the Induro CM34.

Thank you for sharingÖ..

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:08 AM
farski
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Induro Monopod

I've had Induro monopods, tripods, and heads, carbon and aluminum. They've all been made very well.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:19 AM
schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Induro Monopod

Bought the CM34 to replace my alum Bogen. Used it all season for soccer, normally with a 1DMkIV + 300L 2.8 IS + 1.4tc attached. Worked great! Really loved the ease of leg adjust and the lightness of the pod. Highly recommend it.

Matt

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password