Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

Image1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

Anyone know of a source for clip on Color filters for Vivitar Flash units, other than cutting them out from Rosco filters?

Thanks

Nov 25, 2011 at 03:00 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

I have a set of the filters Vivitar sold for the 285HV somewhere which slip into the slot on the front rim but I never used them much because they were a very limited range of colors. B&H might still sell them.

What I did is bought several Rosco sampler swatch books.

B&H formerly only charged a penny for them but due to demand they were never in stock. They now cost $2 (last time I checked). They are about the same size as a speedlight head and one one swatch book has everything Rosco sells colors, ND, diffusion materials (what is hanging out in the photo). As you can see even if you don't use the swatches on the flash its a handy reference for selecting them because the slip sheets between gels have the specs on color K shift and exposure difference.

B&H also sells a larger size sampler for about $20, but for the smaller ones if they don't fit you can just extend them with some black electrical or masking tape to prevent spill.

Nov 25, 2011 at 03:19 PM
Image1
• •
p.1 #3 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

Thanks Cgardner, Thats a Great Idea, I actually have one of those Samplers from Rosco I never though of using the samples though! and they do seem about the right size also.

Nov 25, 2011 at 04:18 PM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #4 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

You can sometimes find them on eBay. They don't come up that often, but every so often.

Nov 25, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

cgardner wrote:
I have a set of the filters Vivitar sold for the 285HV somewhere which slip into the slot on the front rim but I never used them much because they were a very limited range of colors.

If you should happen upon them, I'd be happy to take them off your hands if the price is reasonable. I lost mine during one of my recent moves, and I just feel somehow "incomplete" without them.

Nov 26, 2011 at 04:27 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

Image1 wrote:
Anyone know of a source for clip on Color filters for Vivitar Flash units, other than cutting them out from Rosco filters?

If you're talking about the Vivitar 285HV, I just came across these which fit either the Vivitar 285HV or its identical twin, the Cactus KF36:

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/multi-color-flash-filter-kit-for-cactus-kf36-vivitar-285hv.html

I've never bought from Gadget Infinity, but for $19.95 this may be the right item withwhich I should try them.

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Specularist
• •
p.1 #7 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

There's also Rosco's Strobist Collection, a 55-piece set for a low price.

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Image1
• •
p.1 #8 · Dedicated Vivitar Color Filters

Thanks to everyone for the Help!

Nov 28, 2011 at 03:08 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password