Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Pocket wizard alternative!

Ivo Heshusius
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pocket wizard alternative!

While searching on the www for some goodies I just found this alternative for a pocket wizard for only $ 168 (shipping included) for sender and receiver, just a fraction of the price. And it seems CLS is supported as well!!

Since many of you want ue one but think it's expensive (but perfect!!) I thougt i might share this with you!

BTW: I don't have any connetions with Deal Extreme but I found there products ok and there service is good. It's just you have to wait a few weeks before things arrive but hey... who cares with these prices...

Nov 25, 2011 at 01:18 PM
Gregory.Rotter
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pocket wizard alternative!

Cheers, found the same thing on ebay. Maybe later on.

Nov 25, 2011 at 01:39 PM
mkchang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pocket wizard alternative!

You can check out the cybersyncs, those are real good light triggers. Pretty good remote triggers. The only thing I don't like them for remote triggers is that you can't hold the button down on the transmitter to machine gun the remote camera.

Nov 26, 2011 at 05:05 AM
Two23
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pocket wizard alternative!

I too have and love CyberSyncs (I have 12,) but note they are not iTTL. That's OK for me as I rarely need it.

Kent in SD

Nov 26, 2011 at 04:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ivo Heshusius
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pocket wizard alternative!

These are iTTL and support CLS. I just left a message for Santa..

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM
redrock_z71
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pocket wizard alternative!

These do look very tempting to try out! Debating getting something like this or an SU-800 for more flexibility.

Dec 01, 2011 at 06:57 PM
razorblack99

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pocket wizard alternative!

Nikon CLS is a pre-flash (optical) system with many draw-backs (range, line-of sight and out-door un-reliability) just to name a few.

Radio triggers like Pocket Wizards with real TTL capability have no such issues (I have used both systems extensively).

Don't let deep pockets lead you on a lengthy trail of frustration, only to end with with Pocket Wizards as the real deal.

Fred Hoegeman

Dec 01, 2011 at 08:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password