Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Question About My Nikon SB800

kelmondad

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Question About My Nikon SB800

I am just trying to figure out my new SB800. I am trying to use it in manual mode. When it is attached to the camera, I can see on the flash LCD screen that when I power down the flash tells me what my range/distance of flash to subject should be. I.E. at M(anual) 1/4 power & ISO200 @95mm @F5.3 - flash should be 23ft from subject.

However, when I set it up off camera I don't see this "guide". I set it up in commander mode in the camera (CSM e2). And then I set the flash to Remote. At this point the flash LCD screen only shows "Remote".

As I understand, I then have to set the power of the remote flash in camera - but without the same distance guide that the flash LCD gives me when it is connected.

What am I missing here? Thanks for the help.

Marcus

Tethered in Manual mode - suggested distance from flash to subject is 23'

Flash is off camera in commander/remote mode

Nov 18, 2011 at 07:22 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #2 · Question About My Nikon SB800

Going from memory here, but, I don't believe you're missing anything. I think that's just the way they work.
It could be said, ,that's what you have an LCD on the back of the camera for.

Nov 19, 2011 at 02:55 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
p.1 #3 · Question About My Nikon SB800

That's just the way it is. Now you will be using your camera or an SU-800 to adjust the flash output in manual.

Nov 19, 2011 at 08:04 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password