Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · What's up with USPS insurance?

khphotography
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · What's up with USPS insurance?

Just curious how many people have had to go through a USPS damage/insurance claim? I'm in the midst of doing it an it's god awful horrible.

I submitted all the info they requested. Proof of damage with pictures, proof of damage written from the repair facility, documentated cost of repair, etc. I had the repair done.

Now trying to get insurance money is nothing but an absolute nightmare. I sent the package back to USPS express, with tracking, signature upon receipt to ensure they'd have to sign for it. I have proof they've received it and they tell me they sent me the same package out again to me?

So uttlery confused over why the process has to be so complicated for something so simple. I mean why do they even off insurance if they have no reasonable means of paying the insurance when you actually need it?

Anybody else had any similar situations where you are given the absolute run around?

Nov 17, 2011 at 05:54 PM
khphotography
• • •
p.1 #2 · What's up with USPS insurance?

Does seem they attempt to make this as hard as possible. They just told me it takes 3-4 weeks just to accept, acknowledge and enter any information into the system.

So basically it takes 3-4 weeks to receive the damge claim form, 3-4 weeks to acknolwedge receiving the form, 3-4 weeks to send another form to the shipper, 3-4 weeks to receive the same form from the shipper and then another 3-4 weeks to complete their investigation.

Add it up, that can take almost half a year where as Fedex and UPS are lightning fast. Do they do this on purpose?

Nov 17, 2011 at 06:34 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · What's up with USPS insurance?

You do realize you're dealing with the federal government, correct? 'Nuff said.

Nov 18, 2011 at 05:01 PM
RoyC
• •
p.1 #4 · What's up with USPS insurance?

You know, the process might be quicker if they were not dealing with a 1000 false claims every day.

Roy

Nov 18, 2011 at 07:10 PM
shaggymatt

p.1 #5 · What's up with USPS insurance?

USPS is so convenient. Free pickup at your house, shipped items are delivered (hopefully) in 2-3 days. I've had my share of nightmares as well. One package earlier this year, my buddy sent me a Mac mini, I never received it. They backtrack it, they tell me it was delivered to my house, look in the bushes. Nope not there, so then they launch an investigation, which could take a week. A day later they tell me it is on back at his local post office. Come to find out that it was sitting at his front door, and he was now on vacation so it was sitting out in the elements, while he was out of town. Luckily we were able to track down a neighbor to pull it inside.

Their logistics management is horrible. He had my current street address, but an old zip code in his phone for me. Turns out that they don't validate addresses when you go to a physical office. When you buy postage online from USPS.com they validate the address.

Nov 18, 2011 at 09:21 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password