Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

kino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

Hi Everyone I want to share with you pictures of one very nice couple in love.
You can see some of my other work at www.weddingsphotoart.com
Alex

Nov 16, 2011 at 01:37 AM
danvprod
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

They surely looked like they had fun with this session!

I like 34. It made me giggle.

Nov 16, 2011 at 01:56 AM
MarcAnthony
• • •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

Looks like a nice couple. You weren't asking for a photo critique were you?

Nov 16, 2011 at 02:08 AM
jeraldcook
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

Looks like the couple had fun with the shoot. Is she screaming or singing in 34?

The first 32 shots look like they were shot at f/11 though.

Nov 16, 2011 at 03:44 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kino
• •
p.1 #5 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

Thank you I would really appreciate critique here. First 32 shots was taken mostly with wide angle lens 24mm

Nov 16, 2011 at 04:42 AM
danvprod
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

kino wrote:
Thank you I would really appreciate critique here. First 32 shots was taken mostly with wide angle lens 24mm

As far as critique goes, picking the right time of day goes a long ways especially when you have the options like in a portrait session like this.

Later in the afternoon when the light is less contrasty will reduce the harsh shadows. Using a lens that is opened up will reduce the distracting backgrounds in some shots.

The point is that you actually have a really good subject interaction and that goes a long way.

If you took the same shots at 5-6 PM at sunset with a 50mm f/1.4 lens opened up to f/2 or f/2.8 and you'd have a much nicer 'look' to the photos.

Other think I noticed is watch the WB on some of the shots (they look very cool). If you are using a flash (i'm thinking direct flash?) that flash color is very blue compared to the light you have in the background. I'd use a 1/4 CTO (gel) to warm up the flash a bit and balance between ambient and the flash.

Nov 16, 2011 at 06:29 PM
Vance Zachary
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

I agree with Dannyrod about the time of day if at all possible (and sometimes it is not). Also I agree with Dannyrod that throwing the background more out of focus in a few of the shots may have given more pleasing results. I also think that the subject with the most pleasing body shape (usually the female) should be placed in front. Instead you featured the guy's figure in #29, #28, #1, #39, #38, and #37 which I think most people would agree, male and female, is less pleasing than the female in these shots.

I do appreciate all of the playfulness in these shots and the taking on of the challenge of shooting in harsher and contrastier lighting. You get an A+ on that account!

Nov 16, 2011 at 08:27 PM
kino
• •
p.1 #8 · Love story of Oleg and Olga

Looks like you are right. I wanted them both to be in focus so I used bigger f stop number, and on wide angle lens i got big depth of field. I also didnt use any flash here

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:31 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password