Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · canon 1V, non HS options?

kaitanium

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · canon 1V, non HS options?

ive been trying to see if theres a way to convert my 1V HS into a non gripped version. NP-E2 battery packs dont seem to fit the camera when the grip is off. how does the 1V non HS look so slim?!
does anyone with knowledge of this camera know if its possible or what i need to get? ive been searching 1V batteries online and i dont even see how a 2CR5 batt can work in here

or then theres this thing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANON-EOS-1V-HS-GRIP-UNIT-ACF-1229-ORIGINAL-REPAIR-PART-/390174106776
but where does the battery go then?

or is my only choice of slimming the camera down a BP-E1 grip?

Oct 20, 2011 at 06:06 PM
panos.v
• • • •
p.1 #2 · canon 1V, non HS options?

Yes you need a "normal" non-HS grip. The 2CR5 goes into that thing you see on ebay, you just slide it in (see last photo) and then screw the whole thing onto the camera. Like on an EOS 3. Actually, don't know if it is the same grip as the EOS 3....might be worth investigating?

Oct 20, 2011 at 06:37 PM
VladiD
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · canon 1V, non HS options?

Yes to what panos said. The camera handles beautifully without the big grip.

Oct 20, 2011 at 06:48 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #4 · canon 1V, non HS options?

My EOS3 came with a grip but no standard grip. I can't find one for a reasonable price over here in the uk!

Oct 20, 2011 at 07:04 PM
jamesf99
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · canon 1V, non HS options?

jj_glos wrote:
My EOS3 came with a grip but no standard grip. I can't find one for a reasonable price over here in the uk!

It's not just the UK. They're hard to find and expensive... I had to buy one for my 1VHS years ago. It was worn and expensive too for its condition ($70+) so it was twice the fun.

Oct 20, 2011 at 08:12 PM
garyvot
• • • •
p.1 #6 · canon 1V, non HS options?

Unfortunately, the 1V HS model did not ship with the stock grip (which is why I bought the camera and the PB-E2 separately back in the day). I imagine they'd be hard to find now.

Oct 20, 2011 at 09:37 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #7 · canon 1V, non HS options?

I suspect some people (like me) bought standard bodies then acquired the battery grips and removed the standard battery housings. I have three somewhere as I have two EOS 3s and a 1V...all now fitted with battery grips.

I must eBay some stuff soon.......

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:50 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #8 · canon 1V, non HS options?

I am not totally sure is this is what you are looking for but Pro Camera Repair has a whole bunch of brand new 1V HS non-grip battery covers in stock for $45 each. I hope this helps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANON-EOS-1V-HS-GRIP-UNIT-ACF-1229-ORIGINAL-REPAIR-PART-/390174106776

Dave

Oct 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #9 · canon 1V, non HS options?

davenfl wrote:
I am not totally sure is this is what you are looking for but Pro Camera Repair has a whole bunch of brand new 1V HS non-grip battery covers in stock for $45 each. I hope this helps

Dave

That is the item in question.........

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #10 · canon 1V, non HS options?

anthonygh wrote:
That is the item in question.........

Excellent, glad I could help. These people are very reliable by the way, I buy lots of hard to find Nikon parts from them when I am rebuilding old bodies.

Dave

Oct 21, 2011 at 01:47 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #11 · canon 1V, non HS options?

I would be tempted to watch out for a cheap EOS 3 on eBay...I have seen them go for as little as 60 on a bad (for the seller) day. That way one gets a second body as a rough back-up and the battery compartment to use with the 1V when needed.

That was my thinking....my 1V is 'as new' and I'd like to keep it that way.

Oct 21, 2011 at 09:04 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #12 · canon 1V, non HS options?

Just get the BP-E1 which allows you to use both AAs and the CR25 housed in the grip. It adds very little bulk to the camera and if you use rechargeable batteries, frankly the weight isn't much to consider.

I really appreciated my BP-E1 in my college days when I didn't want to shell out $11.95 per 2CR5, and would use rechargeables instead. For me, it was a no-brainer, given that I didn't want to have the drive booster on my 1N all the time.

Try it, you'll like it.

Oct 21, 2011 at 02:25 PM
jamesf99
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · canon 1V, non HS options?

sirimiri wrote:
Just get the BP-E1 which allows you to use both AAs and the CR25 housed in the grip. It adds very little bulk to the camera and if you use rechargeable batteries, frankly the weight isn't much to consider.

I really appreciated my BP-E1 in my college days when I didn't want to shell out $11.95 per 2CR5, and would use rechargeables instead. For me, it was a no-brainer, given that I didn't want to have the drive booster on my 1N all the time.

Try it, you'll like it.

Doesn't work with the 1V....

Oct 21, 2011 at 03:39 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #14 · canon 1V, non HS options?

jamesf99 wrote:

+1 absolutely right, does not work with 1V

Dave

Oct 21, 2011 at 05:02 PM
dirb9
• • •
p.1 #15 · canon 1V, non HS options?

jamesf99 wrote:

I have about 400 rolls shot with a 1v and a BP-E1 and a 1v that say otherwise... Perhaps you're thinking of the PB-E1, or the PDB-E1, both of with have motors in them and do only work with the earlier 1 series. The BP-E1 (batteries only) works perfectly with the 1v; I use rechargeable AAs, and keep the lithium cell in as backup and for cold weather.
BTW, the part name you guys are looking for the small grip is the GR-E2 (with weather sealing), or the GR-E1 (without)

Oct 21, 2011 at 07:30 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #16 · canon 1V, non HS options?

The BP-E1 is indeed a great accessory, but the plastic petals that "align" the batteries in the cartridge are way flimsy. Not that I've ever had a battery loose contact with its neighbor because a petal was no longer firm, but it is sort of odd that Canon made the plastic tab/petals so unsubstantial.

Oct 22, 2011 at 06:05 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password