Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              43      
       end

Archive 2011 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

michaelwatkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.44 #1 · p.44 #1 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

FYI in-person reports from Photokina indicate there is nothing new being talked about at the Ricoh-Pentax stand from the Ricoh side of the family.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.44 #2 · p.44 #2 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

bummer...

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.44 #3 · p.44 #3 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

rscheffler wrote:
FYI: another firmware update: http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/download/firmware/gxr/

I haven't tried it yet...

I did update it last month, just for the sake of it. It addresses specific issues that I didn't have anyway, but it doesn't hurt to have the latest firmware.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.44 #4 · p.44 #4 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

michaelwatkins wrote:
FYI in-person reports from Photokina indicate there is nothing new being talked about at the Ricoh-Pentax stand from the Ricoh side of the family.

If it was going to rain, we would have seen the clouds

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.44 #5 · p.44 #5 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

In case a bit of positive news was missed elsewhere, there have been comments from Photokina attendees relaying that Pentax/Ricoh representatives have indicated there are future developments planned for GXR.

Furthermore... here is a Photokina interview posted on Youtube - a translator provides feedback, skip to 21:00 minutes for the GXR bit. Subtitles etc being added on-going. The short story: more modules planned.

#!
Hat tip, DPR Forum (Anthony Mazzeri)

Sep 23, 2012 at 06:51 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.44 #6 · p.44 #6 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

edwardkaraa wrote:
I did update it last month, just for the sake of it. It addresses specific issues that I didn't have anyway, but it doesn't hurt to have the latest firmware.

Thanks for the reminder... while I was out yesterday the EVF was terribly posterized and pretty much unusable except in peaking mode 2. Hopefully the FW will address this... will try later tonight.

EDIT: did the update, but the EVF is still extremely posterized. The display on the camera though is fine... so I think the EVF is pooched. I wouldn't be surprised because I carry the camera around in a satchel and the EVF has likely been bumped many times against other items in the bag... or it's just toast. At least mode 2 still works OK. And the new FW seems to have resolved the magenta screen problem.

Sep 23, 2012 at 07:07 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.44 #7 · p.44 #7 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

That's too bad Ron.

If a new one is needed I think there is a source in Bangkok, I found them on the "cheap" there. I guess I could get you one in person next time, which is not too far away.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:28 PM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.44 #8 · p.44 #8 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

kosmoskatten wrote:
That's too bad Ron.

If a new one is needed I think there is a source in Bangkok, I found them on the "cheap" there. I guess I could get you one in person next time, which is not too far away.

Coming to our part of the world soon?

Sep 24, 2012 at 02:18 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.44 #9 · p.44 #9 · Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

Ed; that's what I am hoping, I landed a fairly large gig just around the corner from home and I am making it the last one for this year. My going on vacation is long overdue so it will be plenty of time to scout air fares. Jenny has only got two weeks off so I was hoping we (me and Jenny) could meet up in BKK or in Krabi, I would probably fly down before her and probably stay an extra week or so.

Will keep you posted on the itinerary.

Sep 24, 2012 at 03:29 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.