Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2011 · #456 Case File #102

Vipermike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · #456 Case File #102

Police raided an East LA. residence Wednesday afternoon after reports of alleged dog fighting. Suspects were arrested after evidence was found in the home. The suspects are facing felony charges with the possibility of a minimum five years in prison.

DMC-LX5    5mm    f/2.0    1/100s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 01, 2011 at 10:40 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · #456 Case File #102

Five years ain't enough!!! Good one Mike!

Greg

Jul 01, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #3 · #456 Case File #102

Thanks Greg, and I would have to agree.

Jul 01, 2011 at 11:16 PM
mark fadely
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · #456 Case File #102

Excellent entry Mike. Emotional.

Jul 02, 2011 at 02:37 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #5 · #456 Case File #102

Thanks Mark, always appreciate your thoughts.

Jul 02, 2011 at 05:41 AM
Bill Sutherland
• • • •
p.1 #6 · #456 Case File #102

Scary and well put together. Did you ever consider journalism as a career?

Jul 02, 2011 at 09:20 AM
Oregon Gal
• • •
p.1 #7 · #456 Case File #102

Great entry for the WA. The shot really holds your attention.

Jul 02, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Mado
• • • •
p.1 #8 · #456 Case File #102

Good luck with this one! Very hot news!

Jul 02, 2011 at 04:11 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #9 · #456 Case File #102

Bill Sutherland wrote:
Scary and well put together. Did you ever consider journalism as a career?

Thanks Bill, I have always appreciated the work of good Photojournalists. I think it is quite an art. To surmise a story or event in one single frame of time is quite a talent and one that I admire. Perhaps if I hadn't gone down the graphic design route, I think it would have been a career I would have enjoyed.

Jul 02, 2011 at 06:34 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #10 · #456 Case File #102

Thank you Barbara and Mado, I'm looking forward to seeing your shots this week.

Jul 02, 2011 at 06:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Oregon Guy

p.1 #11 · #456 Case File #102

Great shot Mike it will be tough to top that one and thanks now I have to get more serious with my entry if I can .

Mike

Jul 02, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #12 · #456 Case File #102

Mike, you better get serious! What, you think I shoot for fun? This is war buddy!! .

Seriously, I'm glad you like the entry Mike. Thank you. Funny you should mention being serious, I just got my new Lumix LX5 compact camera the other day to help break me out of being so one sided with my setup shots in the studio. I rarely take my big Nikon D80 with me (people look at me funny ) I figured this will give me the opportunity to experiment with an added point of view and I look forward to the challenge. My shot this week was a simple snap (and printed out) taken with the LX5 of my pups playing mouth wars on the floor while sitting in my computer chair reading Fred's site. It was actually quite liberating not being so serious. Ok Ok, the final composition was setup up in my studio.. Hey I'm working on it!

Jul 03, 2011 at 12:55 AM
ramorak
• •
p.1 #13 · #456 Case File #102

Cool shot Mike, excellent lighting/composition. Could this be #18?

Jul 03, 2011 at 06:15 PM
Dajavu
• • • •
p.1 #14 · #456 Case File #102

Great idea, the arrangement of props support the storyline quite well.

Jul 04, 2011 at 02:35 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #15 · #456 Case File #102

ramorak wrote:
Cool shot Mike, excellent lighting/composition. Could this be #18?

Thanks a bunch Craig. Been stuck on #17 for a while now. It would be nice to see #18 but my biggest enjoyment is shooting with you guys. #18 can wait.

Jul 04, 2011 at 03:55 AM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #16 · #456 Case File #102

Dajavu wrote:
Great idea, the arrangement of props support the storyline quite well.

Thank you David. I need to look at a new avenue of shooting, I'm running out of props.

Jul 04, 2011 at 04:00 AM
ramorak
• •
p.1 #17 · #456 Case File #102

Vipermike wrote:
Thanks a bunch Craig. Been stuck on #17 for a while now. It would be nice to see #18 but my biggest enjoyment is shooting with you guys. #18 can wait.

I agree, let's see I registered .. 9 years ago (!), a mere 2 months after you. As such I think you should wait until I also have 17 wins, which at the rate of 1 win per 9 years is a mere.... 144 years.

So, you are not allowed to win any more until the year 2155. How does that sound?

Jul 04, 2011 at 01:49 PM
relms
• • • •
p.1 #18 · #456 Case File #102

MIke, how are you? It has been a while. As you may know, I took almost two years off from photography, but I am finding that with renewed enthusiasm I am enjoying it more than ever. I, too, purchased a smaller camera for "street" shooting. Formerly, I used a Canon 1Ds II almost exclusively, and people reacted to it as if I were pointing a cannon at them, not to mention the fact that I needed a pack mule to accompany me when I took the 1Ds and a couple of extra lenses.

Well, I see that you have been busy since I have been away; seventeen wins - wow!! Although I am impressed, I am not surprised in the least. You have always impressed me with your ideas and execution, this week's entry is no exception. I look forward to participating in the WA again and to seeing more of your work.

Jul 04, 2011 at 03:49 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #19 · #456 Case File #102

ramorak wrote:
I agree, let's see I registered .. 9 years ago (!), a mere 2 months after you. As such I think you should wait until I also have 17 wins, which at the rate of 1 win per 9 years is a mere.... 144 years.

So, you are not allowed to win any more until the year 2155. How does that sound?

Ok, how about I give you until...humm... Na, no deal buddy. I'm going to crush you any chance I get! I can't believe it's been nine years we've been shooting here together Craig. That's nine years of competition you’ve given me, so it's really your fault. I'm grateful to Fred for keeping the site going for so long and supplying me with a place I can come to get inspiration and motivation from good people and great photographers. Looking forward to the next nine

Jul 04, 2011 at 05:22 PM
Vipermike
• • •
p.1 #20 · #456 Case File #102

relms wrote:
MIke, how are you? It has been a while....

Robert, I'm good, thank you. So nice to see you! I sure hope you start shooting with us again. I sure miss your work. I recently came back myself after quite a long time. I think these hiatus happen to many of us but we can only ignore the call for so long. I'm really glad to be shooting again as well.

It's a little hard to do much street photography out here in the desert but I sure would love to. I'm going to make an effort to get out of the studio and attempt some more real world pieces. I love my little Lx5 and can't wait to put it to work.

Jul 04, 2011 at 05:47 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password