Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2011 · Hexanon Image Thread

Jason_Thames
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Hexanon Image Thread

Title says it all: Post images taken with your Hexanon lenses! Happy to see images from digital or film, and from SLR or Rangefinder. Just as long as they were made through a Konica lens! I will start with a portrait taken with the AR 50 1.4 getting used to it's new home on my GH1. Taken at f2.

-Jason

Edited on May 15, 2011 at 04:03 PM · View previous versions

May 15, 2011 at 02:38 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Hexanon Image Thread

i've got a few from the 40/1.8, not sure you'll see a whole lot here as most people shoot canon and it is pita to covert hexanon lenses to canon (or nikon, pentax, or sony).

May 15, 2011 at 06:07 AM
RZetter
• •
p.1 #3 · Hexanon Image Thread

Are the M-Hexanons welcome here too?

May 15, 2011 at 08:36 AM
ulrikft2
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Hexanon Image Thread

I would say yes! (mostly because I'm really interested in M-hexanons as possible nex-lenses.. :P ). How long is the FFD on the AR-lenses? Compared to the E-mount? Will the adapter need to be big?

May 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Hexanon Image Thread

Love the Hexanon lenses. I have the 40/1.8, 50/1.7 and 57/1.2, and all are excellent. They've got a great look. I have to say that the 57/1.2 is a special lens, though. Great soft look (though with good resolution) wide open, quite sharp at f/1.8 and absolutely a razor at f/2.8 (almost Zeiss like)

I use mine mostly for shallow DOF work on my GH2 and GH1...

Some samples from my Hexanons:

40/1.8:

50/1.7:

57/1.2:

May 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Hexanon Image Thread

ulrikft2 wrote:
I would say yes! (mostly because I'm really interested in M-hexanons as possible nex-lenses.. :P ). How long is the FFD on the AR-lenses? Compared to the E-mount? Will the adapter need to be big?

it is shorter than for any other slr lens mount, but still a little big. the 40/1.8 actually balances quite nice on the NEX, though the rest of the hexanon lenses would be just like using any other slr lenses size wise. the 40mm is actually a very good lens for sharpness and contrast, i was never a huge fan of it's bokeh and was really annoyed by it's hexagonal aperture blades. i sold it when i got the pen f 42/1.2, because that lens did a better job as my fast compact single lens solution (smaller and faster).

anyway a couple more shots with the 40/1.8, both wide open (on any olympus not a NEX):

May 15, 2011 at 02:54 PM
Jason_Thames
• •
p.1 #7 · Hexanon Image Thread

I edited the main post. Happy to see and and all images from Hexanon lenses, RF included. I expected that maybe there would be some folks using them on M43 or NEX, as I realize there is really no good way for us to use them on CaNikon. Shame really, as the Konica lenses, esp. the late AR's, are really fantastic, and they are also cheaply bought.

-Jason

May 15, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Jason_Thames
• •
p.1 #8 · Hexanon Image Thread

ulrikft2 wrote:

The AR mount is 40.5 mm, so the adapter is not quite as big as other SLR lens adapters. It's quite manageable on M43, and I am sure it is just as manageable on NEX.

-Jason

May 15, 2011 at 04:16 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Hexanon Image Thread

I was thinking of starting a topic on these lenses for use on a future EVIL camera,
great stuff so far.
Thanks

May 15, 2011 at 08:34 PM
RZetter
• •
p.1 #10 · Hexanon Image Thread

ulrikft2 wrote:

Okay, here are some images taken with the M-Hex 50mm f/2, virtually a carbon copy of the 50mm Summicron. The images were taken with a Bessa R2A and various films: Color images are Portra 160 NC, b&w ones are either Fomapan 100 or T-Max 100. Some PP was present, so don't expect the images to look like those films "should" look like.

I'm afraid these images won't be much help in deciding whether it is good or not, since the film was the limiting factor, not the lens. Still, I have nothing to complain about the lens optically.

May 16, 2011 at 06:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

LightShow
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Hexanon Image Thread

bump

Jun 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM
ludoo

p.1 #12 · Hexanon Image Thread

A couple from the humble Hexanon AR 135/3.5 at 5.6

a couple from the 40/1.8, the second wide open

and a simple test from the 50/1.7 wide open

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM
ulrikft2
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Hexanon Image Thread

Nice shots!

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
rdst
• •
p.1 #14 · Hexanon Image Thread

To bring this thread back here few shots into my wifes garden with NEX-5 and Konica Hexanon 1.8/85mm

Rolf

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM
rdst
• •
p.1 #15 · Hexanon Image Thread

And 2 other out of this series.

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Hexanon Image Thread

quick snap with the nex-7 and konica hexanon 57mm f/1.2 jpg just resized.
http://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2011/10/sony-nex-7-with-rokkor-m-konica-and.html

Oct 28, 2011 at 01:51 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Hexanon Image Thread

Is that a self portrait?

Oct 28, 2011 at 02:16 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Hexanon Image Thread

I'm looking at only you Bif.

Oct 28, 2011 at 02:22 PM
rdst
• •
p.1 #19 · Hexanon Image Thread

NEX-5 and Hexanon 2/35mm

Oct 28, 2011 at 09:31 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Hexanon Image Thread

Has anyone tried the 24/2.8? Nex or 4/3?

Thx

Mike

Nov 03, 2011 at 10:46 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password