Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              228       229       end
  

Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion
  
 
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Thanks Gary, Kristján, and abhijeeth. Is your first name Abhijeeth, btw?

I don't think there are stickies around here, are there? Anyway, I am happy to keep the thread alive and update the link compilation, even if there is little interest from other people, but I do think that at least a few people will help me out with photos. I understand that there is some skepticism due to the existence of the ZF/ZE/ZM thread, but I do think that there is a need for a thread with the flexibility to post from all Zeiss lenses.

Today the rhododendrons were blooming (more like exploding) in Tiergarten. I am not really a flower guy, but this was special, so be prepared for a bunch of 80-200/4 and a few ZF 35/2 shots of flowers, mostly as landscape shots rather than close-ups.



May 15, 2011 at 07:19 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Sebboh, very nice goose shots (or is the second one of ducks?). Are the very bright highlights due to camera/sensor issues or just exposure, or do these lenses have difficulties holding the highlights?


May 15, 2011 at 07:20 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Contax 80-200/4 from today. The light alternated between harsh sun and heavily diffuse. When the clouds were in place, the colours really popped:








May 15, 2011 at 08:12 PM
dcjs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


carstenw wrote:
Contax 80-200/4 from today. The light alternated between harsh sun and heavily diffuse. When the clouds were in place, the colours really popped:

...


Maybe the best-looking image I've seen from this lens yet.



May 15, 2011 at 08:14 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Another Contax 80-200/4 shot, just to show how nuts it was out there today. By next week, it likely won't look the same any longer.








May 15, 2011 at 08:16 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


dcjs wrote:
Maybe the best-looking image I've seen from this lens yet.


Wow, thanks for this very generous compliment! But you should look at some of Samuli's stuff. Compared to him I am just a babe in the woods.



May 15, 2011 at 08:17 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Appeasing the duck gods. A Mandarin Duck, admittedly, but perhaps it will slip through. Contax 80-200/4. The other day I was trying to recall what these ducks are named, and could only come up with "Peking Duck"








May 15, 2011 at 08:34 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


This is a test shot I made with my (then) new Hasselblad 2000FC/M and 110/2 FE:








May 15, 2011 at 08:49 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Contax 645, 120/4 Macro, Sinar e54 LV:








May 15, 2011 at 08:59 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


carstenw wrote:
Sebboh, very nice goose shots (or is the second one of ducks?). Are the very bright highlights due to camera/sensor issues or just exposure, or do these lenses have difficulties holding the highlights?


the second one is the babies of the first one. bright highlights are due to me processing these on my laptop and not looking at them on a proper monitor - the low contrast of my laptop often leads to me overdoing where i set the white and black points (i usually expose daylight pictures to the right and pull them down in post) no highlights are clipping in lightroom though.

incidently, i would think a lens that has difficulties holding highlights is just a lens with extremely good light transmission and contrast.



May 15, 2011 at 09:35 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



abhijeeth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


carstenw wrote:
Thanks Gary, Kristján, and abhijeeth. Is your first name Abhijeeth, btw?

I don't think there are stickies around here, are there? Anyway, I am happy to keep the thread alive and update the link compilation, even if there is little interest from other people, but I do think that at least a few people will help me out with photos. I understand that there is some skepticism due to the existence of the ZF/ZE/ZM thread, but I do think that there is a need for a thread with the flexibility to post from all Zeiss lenses.

Today the rhododendrons were blooming (more
...Show more

Yes, that is correct - first name is Abhijeeth.

Stickies: well, I seen a few in the other sub-forums here on FM but correct, not here on the Alt forum. Maybe a PM request to the mods?. Anyway, this page is bookmarked in my browser so I have it handy.


Your first shot of the rhodies makes me think that it is suitable for another of your MF style "curtain-of sharpness" projects. Maybe a multi-row pano with the 100/2 MP and stitched for that MF look ? The first shot already has some of that going for it even at this viewing size.




May 16, 2011 at 03:46 AM
Ajay C
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


carstenw wrote:
I would love to see this image in a larger size ! Very nice Carsten.

http://throughthelensdarkly.com/forums/CW_20090628_Contax645_Se54_14124.jpg




May 16, 2011 at 05:28 AM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Thanks Ajay and Abhijeeth!

Amazing the way the 120/4 Macro controls the boke in that shot, IMO. What a lens!

Abhijeeth, I would love to get out more with my 200/2 VR, since I have found so far that it does the veil of sharpness better, but it is large, heavy and not alt, so I have an issue there.

In any case, I have found that I don't really use it hand-held, and I prefer manually focusing, so I am toying with the idea of trading it for a Leica 180/2 APO. I still couldn't post in this thread though

The few 100 MP veil of sharpness shots I have made weren't as spectacular, but maybe if I move a bit closer and shoot smaller things, like these flowers, it could work? I didn't have my tripod with me yesterday though. I need to pick up a smaller Gitzo, since my big one is rather chunky and heavy, and not needed with my smaller lenses. Then I would probably bring it more often.



May 16, 2011 at 07:12 AM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Here is a shot I really wanted to work, but it was under-exposed, a little noisy, and the depth of field was insufficient (which cannot be properly judged on that little screen). I never quite got the hang of exposing correctly with the Contax 645 and Sinar e54 LV. There was some kind of issue between the back and the camera, possibly the adapter. This is with the 120/4 Macro.








May 16, 2011 at 07:34 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Here is another one I quite like, but the weather was really not cooperating, with a grey, dismal sky. Same trip, naturally. Contax 645, 35mm f/3.5, Sinar e54 LV:








May 16, 2011 at 07:56 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


One more, from the local cemetery. Contax 645, 120/4 Macro, Sinar e54 LV:








May 16, 2011 at 08:29 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Ajay C wrote:
I would love to see this image in a larger size ! Very nice Carsten.


Here is a link to a 1200x1600 version: Grass and Log (1200x1600)



May 16, 2011 at 08:35 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


On this day, I was stuck at home due to amazingly strong hayfever, so I was walking around, looking for anything to do (a cottage, and not mine). Contax 645, 120/4 Macro, Sinar e54 LV:








May 16, 2011 at 09:50 PM
abhijeeth
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


carstenw wrote:
Thanks Ajay and Abhijeeth!

Amazing the way the 120/4 Macro controls the boke in that shot, IMO. What a lens!

Abhijeeth, I would love to get out more with my 200/2 VR, since I have found so far that it does the veil of sharpness better, but it is large, heavy and not alt, so I have an issue there.

In any case, I have found that I don't really use it hand-held, and I prefer manually focusing, so I am toying with the idea of trading it for a Leica 180/2 APO. I still couldn't post in this thread though

The few
...Show more


Ah, the 200/2 VR

I think I must have gotten images and lenses slightly mixed-up.
I found the image I was thinking about here I somehow associated this with the 100MP

Now I am going to nickname the last photo as hay fever photo! Hope you get better soon ...



May 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion


Thanks, but the hay fever was two summers ago


May 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM
1       2      
3
       4              228       229       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              228       229       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password