Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              53       54       end

Archive 2011 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

hashaama
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Seems availability is improving and a few forum members have it now, I thought we should get a thread started for the images.

A couple from my walk in Stratford-Upon-Avon:

Cheers
Hash

May 08, 2011 at 10:00 AM
espressogeek
• • •
p.1 #2 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Beautiful snap of a beautiful place. I received my x100 the other day. I haven't taken any photos outside of my home yet. When I do I will be sure to share.

May 08, 2011 at 06:21 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Lovely shots...my mother was the stage manager for the RSC back in the 60ís..I'll have to send her a link!

May 08, 2011 at 11:57 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

I'm doing what I always do when I get a new camera... shooting the dogs.

It lets me gauge ISO performance.. try to see how well it does (or in this case doesn't) af-c, and generally let's me spend time with them whilst figuring out a camera

Anyone have any more to share? I blew some highlights here, couldn't get it working with such strong backlight. Also, I notice that the fuji seems very very sensitive to stray light... looks like a hood will be a must for this camera. Anyone else notice that?

May 11, 2011 at 07:17 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

What processing did you do on these? RAW or some art filter in-camera? The colours and contrast are all over the place.

May 11, 2011 at 07:52 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

That was the point . Color efex cross processed. For shots like these I just play around. Gess I shouldn't have posted them here as they are not 'true samples' out of the camera. Maybe I'll post the straight jpgs and remove these.

I know there are a lot of razor sharp images posted in the leica thread, with absolute color balance...but there are also a fair amount of shots there with colors all over the place if reality is the goal

Still, it should have been mentioned, I'd hate for someone to think this was the result of straight raw conversion.

May 11, 2011 at 08:11 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Ah, I see Well, maybe since these are early days, post just "true" images, and later when everyone has an X100, go nuts

May 11, 2011 at 08:17 PM
Vern Dewit
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

carstenw wrote:
Well, maybe since these are early days, post just "true" images, and later when everyone has an X100, go nuts

IMHO photography is art so if the X100 inspires you to do funky colors and processing I say go 'nuts' right now!

May 11, 2011 at 08:21 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Anyone could, of course. I would say that it would be helpful if they would mark their photos as heavily processed, at least for the moment. There are presumably a number of people reading this thread who are considering the camera, and for them to see heavily processed shots isn't as useful as seeing clean shots with little processing which show what the camera delivers. Of course, no one has to help these people, but a comment that the shots were heavily processed would then allow the considerers to skip them, for the purposes of evaluation...

May 11, 2011 at 08:53 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

I think you have a point.. I'll post some real examples of standard processing... contrast, sharpening, and mark the processed shots as such.

May 11, 2011 at 09:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

hashaama
• •
p.1 #11 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Recently we have had some interesting sunsets in Surrey (UK). Not much processing on this one just some sharpening:

May 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM
danklar

p.1 #12 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Some shots from the past 2 weeks with the camera. So far I have found my way around some of the quirks and love the camera.

Jaks big smile by danklar, on Flickr

Paul by danklar, on Flickr

The Pano is straight out of the camera, no post.

TZ Bridge Pano by danklar, on Flickr

May 13, 2011 at 01:25 PM
jan_haidn
• •
p.1 #13 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Just some recovery and some black.
I love it for landscapes!

May 13, 2011 at 07:20 PM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Some of the first images I took with the X100. All have gone through my usual Lightroom workflow. The first I wanted to do was try out that high speed sync and am amazed at how much contrast the lens can hold even in very challenging light conditions.

Here's one at ISO 3200 and 1/17s, that quiet shutter is great when you don't want to disturb people:

Sharp wide open, but yea you do have to switch to EVF to focus on close subjects. Out of focus lights aren't perfectly circular, but bokeh in general is quite pleasing:

May 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM
eric_m
• •
p.1 #15 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

I'm happy. I can't get shots like these with my LX3, which was my previous digital compact:

1600, f/2 @ 1/9:

1600, f/2.8 @ 1/80:

Eric

May 13, 2011 at 11:37 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Out of cam jpg, iso 6400 @ f2 (I must learn to notice the nd filter indicator!) All the mistakes were mine today, no camera issues whatsoever.

ps, let's not have a gun debate.. nobody wins on that one.

May 14, 2011 at 04:35 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

h00ligan wrote:
ps, let's not have a gun debate.. nobody wins on that one.

Don't worry, h00ligan, I am sure that target was shooting back. Hah.

So, how does it compare to your old X1?

Some random first shots today, mostly to observe color and bokeh - also was curious about the macro feature and tried it out on my RF. Not much in terms of processing except some levels. Just minimal output sharpening as well.

May 14, 2011 at 05:01 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

Compared to the x1. Different. Considerably faster (can benefit from high speed cards). I prefer the handling...but..not as straight forward. At least ine stop better iso, I'd say maybe 1.5. Totally different boke, more creamy.

I keep forgetting to take off the nd filter...of all the things not to reset when the camera is powered off, that's not one that should stick!!

So far tbh, I prefer it. That said I can see why some could go the other way.

I feel the lens is more capable of isolation..and it's not just the added speed. It flares quite badly and I need a hood of some sort, fuji charges way too much for theirs. I prefer the x100 colors to the x1, and when people talk about it no being as sharp...well that's not what I see. In the above image of my nephew (lol he's older than me) I think you can see the iso performance and a decent pop to the lens..that was only cropped slightly and resized with a double hit on sharpen in lab mode.

What are your thoughts?

I accidentally had a second delivered today. :/ guess tht order didn't cancel.

May 14, 2011 at 05:10 AM
Armanius

p.1 #19 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

@Danklar - Nice photo. I particularly like the photo of the baby with that huge smile. Well done.

@Eric - Lovely colors on that first photo!

May 14, 2011 at 02:18 PM
hashaama
• •
p.1 #20 · Fuji X100 Images Thread

A few more done recently, this time I shot RAW and processed using Lightroom. Getting the colours same as film simulations in Lightroom is proving a bit of challenge, other than that I am OK with LR processing. These pictures have LR lens correction applied, varying degree of exposure/tone correction and some sharpening.

Thanks
Hash

May 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password