Buy new:
To see product details, add this item to your cart.
FREE Returns
Ships from: Amazon
Sold by: YONGNUO
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Added
Sold by: YNLENS
Sold by: YNLENS
(14 ratings)
86% positive over lifetime
Shipping rates and Return policy

YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8N Standard Prime Lens, Large Aperture Auto Manual Focus AF MF for Nikon DSLR Cameras

4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,947 ratings

FREE Returns
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.
black

Purchase options and add-ons

Brand YONGNUO
Focal Length Description YN50mm F1.8N
Lens Type Standard
Compatible Mountings Nikon
Camera Lens Description 50mm

About this item

• 【Features】YN50MM lens for Nikon, F1.8 large aperture, 6 blades in 5 groups, 7pcs Aperture blades. Auto Focus and Manual Focus
  • A great 50mm prime lens, and this is an excellent addition to the Nikon 12-50mm kit lens;
  • Supports auto focus and manual focus modes ( AF MF ); Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras;
  • This YONGNUO lens adopts gold plated metal contacts, which effectively improves the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance;
  • This 50mm 1.8N lens supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes, and parameters used to take pictures can be displayed in the EXIF Information;
Discover Game Day essentials in store
Find a Fresh store Learn more

Frequently bought together

$102.00
Get it as soon as Tuesday, Apr 2
In Stock
Sold by YONGNUO and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$106.00
In Stock
Sold by YONGNUO and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers.
Choose items to buy together.

From the brand

Compare with similar items

This Item
YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8N Standard Prime Lens, Large Aperture Auto Manual Focus AF MF for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Recommendations
YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8, Standard Prime Auto Focus Lens for Nikon Full Frame SLR F Mount Cameras Black
dummy
YONGNUO YN35MM F2 Auto Focus Lens Wide Angle Fixed Prime Lens Compatible with Nikon DSLR Cameras
dummy
85mm f1.8 Portrait Lens - F Lens for Nikon, Medium Telephoto Lenses Manual Camera Lenses for Nikon D3500 D850 D7500 D5600 D3400 D500 D7200 D5500 D750 D810 D3300 D5300 D610 D7100 D5200 D600 D3200 etc
dummy
YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8S Lens, 50mm F1.8 Larege Aperture, APS-C Standard Prime E-Mount, Auto Manual Focus AF MF USB for Sony Cameras Black
dummy
Yongnuo YN50MM F1.8 II Lens for Canon, 50mm F1.8C Large Aperture, AF/MF Standard Prime Lens for Canon
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$102.00$102.00$106.00$96.22$119.00$99.00
Delivery
Customer Ratings
For portrait photography
Auto focus
Image stabilization
Picture quality
Quality of material
Sold By
YONGNUO
YONGNUO Store
gzphoto
BENOISON
gzphoto
YONGNUO
lens type
Standard
Standard
Wide Angle
85mm
Standard
Standard
compatible mountings
Nikon
Nikon F
Nikon F
Nikon F
Sony E
Canon EF, C Mount
lens design
Prime
Prime
Prime
Prime
Prime
focus type
Auto/Manual
Auto/Manual
Manual Focus, Auto Focus
Auto/Manual
Auto/Manual
minimum focal length
45 millimeters
50 millimeters
35 millimeters
85 millimeters
50 millimeters
50 millimeters
max focal length
50 millimeters
50 millimeters
35 millimeters
85 millimeters
50 millimeters
50 millimeters

Product Description

l

YN50mm F1.8 N, it's a great prime lens that is an excellent addition to for Nikon 12-50mm kit lens. This lens gives you 3 stops or eight times (2x2x2) more light coming through the lens opening than standard f/5.6 kit lenses. Great lens for taking portraits, low light photography, street, casual shooting and everyday use.

Features:

• 1, F/1.8 large aperture which helps to separate the subject from background;
  • 2, A great prime lens that is an excellent addition to for Nikon 12-50mm kit lens;
  • 3, Supports auto focus and manual focus modes;
  • 4, Adopts gold plated metal contacts, which effectively improves the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance;
  • 5, Supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes, and parameters used to take pictures can be displayed in the EXIF Information;
  • 6, Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras;
  • 7, Adopts high quality plastic as external structure, the overall weight is only 200g, which is convenient for outdoor shooting.
  • 8, Multi-coated glass, effectively improves the transmittance and flare resistance.

Suitable For:

• for Nikon D3000 D3100 D3200 D3300 D5000 D5100 D5200 D5300 D5500 D80 D90 D7000 D7100 D7200 D7300 D300 D300S D500 D700 D800 D800E D810 D810A D3X D4 D4S D5

Features

Model: YN50MM F1.8N
Angle of View: Diagonal: 46°; Vertical: 27°; Horizontal: 40°
Diameter of Filter: 58mm
Type: Standard Prime Lens
Focal Length: 50mm
Maximum Aperture: F1.8
Minimum Aperture: F16
Lens Structure: 5 sets, 6 pieces
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.45m
Max Magnification/Sight Range 0.15x/160*240mm (when the distance is 0.45m)
Weight: 205g
Max Diameter and Length: Approx. 74*60mm

Package Including:

• 1 x YN50mm F1. 8 N
  • 1 x Front and Rear Lens Cap
  • 1 x Lens cap
  • 1 x Manual
  • 1 x Original Box

Looking for specific info?

Product information

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

YONGNUO

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

What's in the box

• Lens
  • Customer reviews

4.6 out of 5 stars
    4.6 out of 5
    1,947 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the quality, value, and performance of the camera lens. For example, they mention it's well built, produces sharp, and clear images. Some appreciate the bokeh. That said, they say it'll be a good investment for those looking for a high-quality lens at a reasonable price.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

156 customers mention132 positive24 negative

Customers like the quality of the lens. They say it's well built, strong, and doesn't feel cheap. Some say the autofocus is a bit loud, but pretty quick. Overall, most are satisfied with the quality and functionality of the product.

"...35mm prime, which is a bit more expensive, but I was super impressed with the quality of the Yungnuo right out of the box and it hasn't let me down..." Read more

"...Built: Built is very acceptable. Even its made on plastic this is still a solid lens for this price point...." Read more

"Things that I liked about this 50mm f1.8 lens:Is it cheap? Yes..." Read more

"...It is very lightweight, but seems well built. I feel like the auto focus sometimes misses though...." Read more

139 customers mention116 positive23 negative

Customers like the image quality of the camera lens. They mention that the pictures are sharp at 2.5f and above, and pretty good quality. The manual focus is good along with the auto, and it has a really nice bokeh. It's well built and can be used for macro photography or as a decent portrait lens. The photos come out amazing and professional looking, and have a great background blur effect.

"...It takes sharp, crisp, photos, and whether you are just starting out with photography and bought your first DSLR, or you are a more seasoned..." Read more

"...Color comes through great, super sharp at the 24 megapixels of the 3200, and with the right shutter speed, even rolling shots are great on it...." Read more

"...NODid I like the bouquet? YesIs it sharp? Yes, (at least were it matters on 80% of the center of the frame)...." Read more

"...I can see this being good for macro photography or being a decent portrait lens...." Read more

135 customers mention127 positive8 negative

Customers are satisfied with the value of the camera lens. They mention that it is a budget lens that can be used by someone starting out in the field. Some say that the autofocus works well. Overall, most are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...At its current price point, for the quality of images it is capable of shooting...it's an absolute steal!..." Read more

"...Even its made on plastic this is still a solid lens for this price point.Plus points: This lens have a modern coating...." Read more

"...And that's where lenses like this Yongnuo 50mm f1.8N really shines! Great Price giving Great Performance to Price experience." Read more

"...I originally bought this because it peaked my interest given the low price, yet having an autofocus motor built in to the lens allowing af on all..." Read more

102 customers mention95 positive7 negative

Customers are satisfied with the performance of the lens. They mention that it does its job very well, MF and AF work perfectly, and is amazing. Some say that the lens is good for their use and may not be as good for what others are trying to achieve. Overall, most are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...With the low aperture and 50mm focal length, it’s perfect for said application...." Read more

"...very sharp image, modern looking lens and most important it can do the job. If you are on the budget this lens is a must have...." Read more

"...This lens is incredibly good especially at the $75 price point. (I actually got mine for $62)...." Read more

"I use photography as stress relief. This lens yields good results and I would absolutely recommend it for hobbyists and enthusiasts...." Read more

130 customers mention52 positive78 negative

Customers are mixed about the autofocus of the lens. Some mention that the manual focus is good and fast enough, while others say that it's slower and misses the mark a few times.

"...Honestly that was really my only complain, other than the AF being just a bit slow, but in all honesty if you are shooting with a 50mm prime you..." Read more

"...lets move onto focus. refocusing on distant objects was quite fast almost instant...." Read more

"...The autofocus is not as fast as a 1.8G but it’s more than adequate for being a 1/4 of the cost...." Read more

"...YesDid I like that it autofocuses on a D40, D60, D3xxx, D5xxx camera without the in-body AF motor? Yes.Faster AF than Nikon -D lenses?..." Read more

46 customers mention13 positive33 negative

Customers are dissatisfied with the noise of the auto focus motor in the lens. They mention that it makes a weird sound while shooting, and the motor can be heard in operation. Customers also mention that the lens noise is recorded as a background noise while taking video.

"...One drawback I will admit right away is that the auto-focus motor is incredibly loud, so this most likely will not be great for video with all that..." Read more

"...Which this one is fairly loud) But for the price, it is a great buy!" Read more

"...It focuses quiet clear at several ranges, and I've taken a few astroshots with it last night and the stars ended up sharp as well at 400 and 6400..." Read more

"...Cons:Auto focus is NOISY. As the video shows, the auto focus on this camera(when compared to a stock Nikon brand lens) is much louder...." Read more

Best "Budget" Prime Lens You'll Find - Absolute Steal for the Price
    5 Stars
    Best "Budget" Prime Lens You'll Find - Absolute Steal for the Price
    I came across this lens while doing some general browsing for Nikkor and Tamron lenses, and honestly could not believe the price when I first saw it. I figured it had to be some cheap plastic garbage for a toy camera, but then saw the lens had almost a full 5/5 stars with a good number of reviews, so I became intrigued. I looked through most of the reviews and some sample photos and decided to take a chance. With the price of lenses these days, the deal on a prime 50mm was just too good to pass up. I received the lens and was impressed right out of the gate. Rather than some cheap plastic piece of junk, the lens had a nice weight to it, felt well built, had clear class, and even came with some features you wouldn't expect on a $60 lens like a focus meter. I have some $300-400 lenses that don't even have that feature so it was a huge surprise.When I took the lens out of the box I immediately put it on my D3400 just to figure out the quirks. One drawback I will admit right away is that the auto-focus motor is incredibly loud, so this most likely will not be great for video with all that noise in the background, which is a real shame because I found the video quality to be really solid for such a bargain lens. Honestly that was really my only complain, other than the AF being just a bit slow, but in all honesty if you are shooting with a 50mm prime you most likely aren't needing it for action shots. I carried this lens with me for 3 weeks and shot with nothing else, just to get a good feel for it, and got a really good group of photos. I've posted a few examples just so you can get an idea of how well the lens works. None of the images are post processed. The lens is sharp at F4 and above, and is amazing in low light situations. I even found it serviceable for night sky shots in northern Georgia(near Atlanta) where the light pollution is pretty awful. The 1.8 aperture lets in a ton of light. The biggest surprise though was how well this lens performs even at slow shutter speeds without a tripod. I posted a shot above with a smooth effect on a waterfall and that was taken at about 1/3rd of a second while standing on some rocks with water rushing by me on the other side. Shooting more open, you will get a nice background blur and some decent bokeh. I found this lens comparable to the 35mm prime Nikkor lens I have in terms of image quality, the Nikkor just beats it out by being a brand name and has a much quieter and faster autofocus, but it also cost me over $180 used in good condition.Having shot with this lens now for a few weeks, it is certainly staying in my camera bag as I've found it to be a great lens and it has even made me consider checking out their 35mm prime, which is a bit more expensive, but I was super impressed with the quality of the Yungnuo right out of the box and it hasn't let me down yet. It takes sharp, crisp, photos, and whether you are just starting out with photography and bought your first DSLR, or you are a more seasoned photographer that is looking to pick up a prime lens to round out your collection, you really can't go wrong with this lens. At its current price point, for the quality of images it is capable of shooting...it's an absolute steal! Check out the video review I did on this lens, along with the still images.
    Thank you for your feedback
    Sorry, there was an error
    Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2019
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars Best "Budget" Prime Lens You'll Find - Absolute Steal for the Price
    Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2019
    I came across this lens while doing some general browsing for Nikkor and Tamron lenses, and honestly could not believe the price when I first saw it. I figured it had to be some cheap plastic garbage for a toy camera, but then saw the lens had almost a full 5/5 stars with a good number of reviews, so I became intrigued. I looked through most of the reviews and some sample photos and decided to take a chance. With the price of lenses these days, the deal on a prime 50mm was just too good to pass up. I received the lens and was impressed right out of the gate. Rather than some cheap plastic piece of junk, the lens had a nice weight to it, felt well built, had clear class, and even came with some features you wouldn't expect on a $60 lens like a focus meter. I have some $300-400 lenses that don't even have that feature so it was a huge surprise.

When I took the lens out of the box I immediately put it on my D3400 just to figure out the quirks. One drawback I will admit right away is that the auto-focus motor is incredibly loud, so this most likely will not be great for video with all that noise in the background, which is a real shame because I found the video quality to be really solid for such a bargain lens. Honestly that was really my only complain, other than the AF being just a bit slow, but in all honesty if you are shooting with a 50mm prime you most likely aren't needing it for action shots. I carried this lens with me for 3 weeks and shot with nothing else, just to get a good feel for it, and got a really good group of photos. I've posted a few examples just so you can get an idea of how well the lens works. None of the images are post processed. The lens is sharp at F4 and above, and is amazing in low light situations. I even found it serviceable for night sky shots in northern Georgia(near Atlanta) where the light pollution is pretty awful. The 1.8 aperture lets in a ton of light. The biggest surprise though was how well this lens performs even at slow shutter speeds without a tripod. I posted a shot above with a smooth effect on a waterfall and that was taken at about 1/3rd of a second while standing on some rocks with water rushing by me on the other side. Shooting more open, you will get a nice background blur and some decent bokeh. I found this lens comparable to the 35mm prime Nikkor lens I have in terms of image quality, the Nikkor just beats it out by being a brand name and has a much quieter and faster autofocus, but it also cost me over $180 used in good condition.

Having shot with this lens now for a few weeks, it is certainly staying in my camera bag as I've found it to be a great lens and it has even made me consider checking out their 35mm prime, which is a bit more expensive, but I was super impressed with the quality of the Yungnuo right out of the box and it hasn't let me down yet. It takes sharp, crisp, photos, and whether you are just starting out with photography and bought your first DSLR, or you are a more seasoned photographer that is looking to pick up a prime lens to round out your collection, you really can't go wrong with this lens. At its current price point, for the quality of images it is capable of shooting...it's an absolute steal! Check out the video review I did on this lens, along with the still images.
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    40 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2023
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars Great secondary lens!
    Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2023
    I’ve recently started an account for car photography and only had the typical kit lens for my Nikon D3200. This has made a MASSIVE difference for interior and close up shots (even standard full frame shots). With the low aperture and 50mm focal length, it’s perfect for said application. Color comes through great, super sharp at the 24 megapixels of the 3200, and with the right shutter speed, even rolling shots are great on it. Would 100% recommend for photographers on a budget, or want to try without breaking the bank. Yes, lenses from Sigma, Olympus and the likes will have quieter and faster autofocus. (Which this one is fairly loud) But for the price, it is a great buy!
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    Reviewed in the United States on April 25, 2019
    4 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2019

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
    José Mario Cárdenas Bustamante
    5.0 out of 5 stars Un objetivo de gran calidad y de bajo costo
    Reviewed in Mexico on July 8, 2023
    Caique Martins
    5.0 out of 5 stars Boa qualidade pelo preço, valeu o investimento, indico muuuito
    Reviewed in Brazil on December 27, 2022
    juan canals carreras
    5.0 out of 5 stars Excelente relacion Precio Calidad.
    Reviewed in Spain on May 26, 2023
    Jay B
    5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty Fifty
    Reviewed in Canada on July 1, 2020
    Vincenzo
    5.0 out of 5 stars Ottimo
    Reviewed in Italy on February 23, 2021
    One person found this helpful