Buy new:
To see product details, add this item to your cart.
FREE Returns
Ships from: Amazon
Sold by: BYDEALS
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Added
(1224 ratings)
92% positive over last 12 months
Shipping rates and Return policy
Added
Sold by: 42nd Street Photo
Sold by: 42nd Street Photo
(5378 ratings)
53% positive over last 12 months
Added
Sold by: Willoughby's Established 1898
Sold by: Willoughby's Established 1898
(27762 ratings)
64% positive over last 12 months

Nikon D7000 DSLR (Body Only) (OLD MODEL)

4.7 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,222 ratings

FREE Returns
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.
Body Only
Base

Purchase options and add-ons

About this item

• High Resolution 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor
  • Body only; lenses sold separately
  • High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots
  • Breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus
  • Dynamic ISO range from 100 to 6400
Discover Game Day essentials in store
Find a Fresh store Learn more

Frequently bought together

$839.99
Get it as soon as Sunday, Mar 31
Only 4 left in stock - order soon.
Sold by BYDEALS and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$496.95
Get it as soon as Tuesday, Apr 2
Only 1 left in stock (more on the way).
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
One of these items ships sooner than the other.
Choose items to buy together.

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

o Gebrauchtware o Bei diesem Artikel findet die Differenzbesteuerung Anwendung (§ 25 a Abs. 2 UStG), so dass die anfallende MwSt nicht getrennt ausgewiesen werden kann.

Compare with similar items

This Item
Recommendations
Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body
dummy
Nikon D7000 16.2 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black)
dummy
Nikon D5200 24.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera Body Only (Black)
dummy
Nikon D7100 24.1 MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR (Body Only)
dummy
Nikon D7500 20.9MP DX-Format Wi-Fi 4K Digital SLR Camera Body - (Renewed)
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$839.99$1,696.95$999.99$589.95$579.95-6% $753.00
List Price:$799.00
Delivery
Get it as soon as Wednesday, Mar 27
Get it Mar 29 - Apr 3
Get it Apr 2 - 4
Customer Ratings
Auto focus
Picture quality
Battery life
Image stabilization
Quality of material
Sold By
BYDEALS
Green's Camera World
42nd Street Photo
Willoughby's Established 1898
Fast Ship Direct
Buzz-Photo
display type
LCD
LED
LCD
Other
LCD
LCD
display size
3 inches
3.2 inches
3 inches
3 inches
3.2 inches
3.2 inches
lens type
zoom
Close-Up
Wide Angle
Telephoto
Wide Angle
zoom type
Optical
Digital Zoom, Optical Zoom
Optical Zoom
Optical Zoom
shooting modes
Landscape, Advanced Scene Modes, Manual, High Key, Shutter-Priority Auto (S), Night Portrait, Portrait, Blossom, Candlelight, Dusk / Dawn, Party / Indoor, Night Landscape, U2 (user setting 2), Low Key, Close-up, Autumn Colors, Silhouette, Sunset, Automatic, Beach / Snow, Food, Child, Aperture Priority, Sports, Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P)
Movie mode, burst mode, manual mode
Landscape, Portrait
High dynamic rang
Autumn colors, beach/snow, blossom, candlelight, child, close-up, dusk/dawn, food, landscape, night landscape and more
Automatic, Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority
connectivity tech
USB 2.0 A/V out HDMI Mic input GPS connection
HDMI, USB
HDMI, USB
NTSC, PAL
HDMI
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi

What's in the box

• カメラ本体のみ

• From the manufacturer

Inspired performance in a size that keeps you shooting.

Amazing photography isn’t only about what you shoot and how you shoot it, it’s also about what you shoot it with. The high resolution, multi-featured Nikon D7000 gives you 16.2 megapixels of vividly detailed images, a more sensitive DX-format CMOS sensor that delivers high ISO with low noise, plus various automatic and customizable settings to take your pictures and videos from great to gorgeous. Shoot up to 6 fps or record every second of the action with full HD 1080p D-Movies with Nikon’s advanced autofocus system to impress and inspire.

Stunning image details

Whether you want to make large prints or crop tightly in an image, the D7000 delivers the resolution you need. At its heart is a DX-format CMOS image sensor with 16.2 effective megapixels, optimally engineered to gather more quality light through sharp NIKKOR lenses. Coupled with 14-bit A/D conversion (12-bit selectable), the D7000 produces stunning images that are richer in tone and detail than previously possible in DX format.

A new era of movie capture

The D7000 is equipped to help you create impressive cinematic masterpieces with Full HD 1080p and movie editing functions for exceptional scene reproduction and quality. In addition to smooth video, the camera can compensate for distortion and other image-degrading problems. Aside from a built-in monaural microphone, the D7000 incorporates an external mic jack for high-quality stereo sound recording options.

Remarkably responsive

Say farewell to missed opportunities. The D7000 incorporates a new driving mechanism to conduct its remarkably fast and precise mirror movements, giving you an approx. 0.052 second release time lag and an approx. 0.13 second start-up time. What’s more, you can continuously shoot at approx. 6 frames per second at both 14-bit and 12-bit A/D conversion for RAW shooting.

Crisp photos in any light

ISO 100 to 6400 has now become standard with the D7000, enabling you to handle a wider range of lighting situations: from the bright and sunny outdoors to low-lit evenings and interiors. Nikon’s renowned noise reduction technology has been upgraded even further. Throughout the range, the D7000 delivers sharp images with minimized color noise. Quality, high-ISO performance can also enhance your movie shooting, allowing you to capture the mood of a scene using only available light.

More accurate control

After the incredibly accurate 2,016-pixel RGB sensor reads a scene's lighting information, the D7000 cross-references what it sees with imaging data from a large selection of real-world shooting situations. This way, the renowned 3D Color Matrix Metering II delivers exposure results that are faithful to how you see light and shadow interplay, even in difficult lighting situations. This intelligent metering technique also delivers exceptionally accurate i-TTL flash exposures, and it all happens within milliseconds for both speed and precision.

Powerful, wide-area coverage

The D7000's strategically positioned 39 AF points cover a significantly wide area of the frame, giving you flexible compositional possibilities. The 9 AF points in the center utilize powerful cross-type sensors—especially useful when you need tack sharp focus, such as with portraits and macro work. The D7000 offers a variety of AF area modes, including Dynamic-area AF using 9, 21 or 39 points. Utilizing Nikon's Scene Recognition System, Auto-area AF properly judges the main subject within 39 AF points and focuses on it.

Improved image quality and speed

The newest generation image processing engine, EXPEED 2, is capable of performing multiple tasks with more speed and power. Expect smoother tonal gradations, even in difficult shadows and highlights, for a greater sense of depth in your images.

100% frame coverage

With approximately 100% frame coverage in the viewfinder, what you see is exactly what you capture. The specially coated glass pentagonal prism and precision-crafted finder screen offer not only a bright viewfinder image, but also enable you to easily confirm when a subject is in focus.

Rugged and protected

With a top and rear cover of durable magnesium alloy, the D7000 is ready for the outdoors. Nikon engineers paid meticulous attention to where exterior parts join by employing durable sealing against moisture and dust. The compact body has also undergone severe environmental tests to prove its rugged reliability.

Rich image previewing

The D7000 features an expansive 3-inch VGA LCD. Its approx. 921k-dot resolution assures clear, detailed display of images, which proves invaluable when confirming focus or assessing image sharpness.

Product Description

Meet the new Nikon D7000, a camera ready to go wherever your photography or cinematography takes you. Experience stunning images with sharp resolution and smooth tonal gradation, thanks to the 16 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor and a powerful EXPEED 2 image processing engine. Take advantage of its wide ISO range of 100 to 6400 (expandable to 25,600) and its incredibly low levels of noise. Expect your images tack-sharp and accurately exposed, thanks to the camera’s 39-point AF and Scene Recognition System using a 2,016-pixel RGB matrix metering sensor. And with an approx. 0.052-second release time lag and approx. 6 frames-per-second shooting, you won’t miss a moment.

Looking for specific info?

Product information

Warranty & Support

Amazon.com Return Policy:Amazon.com Voluntary 30-Day Return Guarantee: You can return many items you have purchased within 30 days following delivery of the item to you. Our Voluntary 30-Day Return Guarantee does not affect your legal right of withdrawal in any way. You can find out more about the exceptions and conditions here.
    Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here [PDF ]

Feedback

Nikon

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
    /
    /
    /
    Please sign in to provide feedback.

Customer reviews

4.7 out of 5 stars
    4.7 out of 5
    1,222 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the quality, appearance and ease of use of the digital camera. For example, they mention that it's a great picture making machine, has advanced capabilities and that the midtones are rendered well. That said, they're happy with the value, controls, and ergonomics. Opinions are mixed on focus.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

253 customers mention207 positive46 negative

Customers like the quality of the camera. They say the images are clear and sharp, and it has many advanced features. They also appreciate the layout of the settings, advanced capabilities, and user setting options. Overall, customers are happy with the results and the camera performs outstanding.

"...The D50 was OK and worked pretty well in regular light but started to have a lot of problems that several local repair facilities and Nikon all said..." Read more

"...For low light, it worked pretty well but greater than half the time I needed to use my SB-600 flash to capture my young kids doing what they do..." Read more

"...1. Excellent, durable build quality2. Great picture quality3. More direct controls4. Brighter view finder with 100% coverage..." Read more

"...Pros+ Ability to shoot at extremely high ISO levels with little noise (comparatively speaking) makes this a low-light shooter's dream..." Read more

225 customers mention225 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the appearance of the camera. They mention that it has excellent stills, durable construction, and outstanding video. They also say that the midtones are rendered well without boosting the picture controls. Overall, customers are happy with the performance and functionality of the product.

"This camera is incredible, I am just learning it and it produces great pics... I bought David Busch's (Engineering textbook) D7000 guide and after..." Read more

"...As others have mentioned, the ergonomics/design of the camera are quite good and I really enjoy the many direct access shortcuts for adjusting..." Read more

"...A few things (among the many) I liked about D7000:1. Excellent, durable build quality2. Great picture quality3...." Read more

"...Image quality is very good. The camera is capable of producing extremely high quality images, given the right lens selection and the right technique...." Read more

162 customers mention136 positive26 negative

Customers like the image quality of the camera. They say it is a great picture making machine, with 16 MP images. The inbuilt functions do give you spectacular images, and the crisp higher-res LCD screen makes everything look like a motion picture. The AF accuracy with the LCD Live View is extremely high, and it does amazing video.

"This camera is incredible, I am just learning it and it produces great pics... I bought David Busch's (Engineering textbook) D7000 guide and after..." Read more

"...1. Excellent, durable build quality2. Great picture quality3. More direct controls4. Brighter view finder with 100% coverage..." Read more

"...Image quality is very good. The camera is capable of producing extremely high quality images, given the right lens selection and the right technique...." Read more

"...not least (lest we forget the real purpose of a camera), I am taking better pictures (technically, at least) with my D7000 than I did with my D90 --..." Read more

121 customers mention110 positive11 negative

Customers are satisfied with the value of the digital camera. They mention that it is an excellent value, the best camera money could buy, and that it comes with a full warranty. Some say that the seller was great and that the camera is fun and a quick one for a DX body.

"...bid for a new D300s I decided to go for the D7000 from Amazon.... Best price, fast delivery and good support incase something goes wrong... I..." Read more

"...+ Reasonable pricing, when you consider what you getCons- A bit heavy; this thing can wear you out after a few hours-..." Read more

"...Both of these are handy time-savers, and your original image always remains intact...." Read more

"...photographer, you would buy a Nikon D4, this camera is a GREAT value for its price...." Read more

104 customers mention87 positive17 negative

Customers find the camera easy to use. They mention that the interface is intuitive, the controls are easy to handle, and the camera has many advanced features. They also appreciate the ISO and WB controls, which are easy set right from the back of the camera. The ability to easily control manual settings and the two custom settings is a huge step up in convenience. The learning curve for this camera was not too steep.

"...The two custom settings are very easy to set and perfect for your two most common profiles (e.g. indoor portrait and outdoor landscape)...." Read more

"...identical menu structure to the D90 that makes it easy to learn and implement everything, including the D7000's new features...." Read more

"...and partially due to learning more and having the ability to easily control manual settings. This camera will serve me for many years to come!!!!" Read more

"...6 fps- Great shooting modes and controls- Very deeply customizable menus/controls-..." Read more

57 customers mention52 positive5 negative

Customers find the controls of the camera handy, with lots of buttons and dials. They also appreciate the improved layout of buttons, making it easy to get to all of the adjustments. Overall, customers are satisfied with the controls and layout of the product.

".../design of the camera are quite good and I really enjoy the many direct access shortcuts for adjusting everything from focus to flash to white..." Read more

"...3. Improved layout of buttons and controls on the body, but with a nearly identical menu structure to the D90 that makes it easy to learn and..." Read more

"...It takes long exposures and has various shooting modes, but has a fixed (zoom) lens and only a few bells and whistles...." Read more

"...All of the button and dials are convenient, tactile and well made. The 150k shutter rating also helps to solidify the toughness of this camera...." Read more

51 customers mention44 positive7 negative

Customers like the ergonomics of the camera. They say the camera feels great in their hands, the buttons layout and ergonomics are very good, and the command dials have a nice feel. They also say the rubber grip feels really nice and has a small little cave in it for their hands. Customers also say that the camera is well thought out and substantial in their hand.

"...All of the button and dials are convenient, tactile and well made. The 150k shutter rating also helps to solidify the toughness of this camera...." Read more

"...Better User Settings.- Pictures just come alive and feels so great with lenses like 24-70 f2.8-..." Read more

"...I find the buttons layout and ergonomics to be very good. Also, the 100% viewfinder coverage is definitively a plus...." Read more

"...Very deeply customizable menus/controls- Well thought out ergonomics and controls that just work. Period.-..." Read more

93 customers mention49 positive44 negative

Customers are mixed about the focus of the camera. Some mention that the additional autofocus points are awesome, while others say that it can be problematic on some units.

"...Auto-focusing while video recording is okay, as long as the background isn't too noisy or subjects too many...." Read more

"...AF fine tuning isn't an ideal solution, since it causes the camera to not focus properly at infinity or at minimum focusing distance...." Read more

"...+ Built-in autofocusing mechanism allows for the widest range of compatibility with past and current Nikon lenses..." Read more

"...Focusing is tough, but this is a function of everything DSLR where you are using the LCD to do focus manually...." Read more

Best DX (cropped) Camera To Date; Amazing ISO Performance
    5 Stars
    Best DX (cropped) Camera To Date; Amazing ISO Performance
    My first DSLR was a D80 I purchased four years ago. The shutter went out a few weeks back but I had been planning to upgrade to the D7000 anyway so this just hurried things up. I bought the D7000 kit with the 18-105 lens but quickly sold that on Ebay. I was shooting with a Tamron 17-50 2.8 lens on the D80. For low light, it worked pretty well but greater than half the time I needed to use my SB-600 flash to capture my young kids doing what they do (move). The only downside to the Tamron, or combination of the Tamron with the D80, was that the images tended to be soft, especially when opened up. So I also upgraded my lens to the Nikkor 16-85. While this is a variable lens that maxes out at 3.5, it is amazingly sharp combined with the D7000. And the extra reach is great for getting better shots and also providing relatively shallow depth of field that otherwise would be lost with the slower aperture.The reason I mention the lens change is that I wouldn't have gone to a variable lens had it not been for the amazing ISO performance on the D7000. I am now shooting flashless at very fast shutter speeds. I usually shoot raw and process with Lightroom and I'm seeing amazing results at 800 ISO even when fully blown up (1:1). At ISO 1600, I can see minor noise but Lightroom 3's noise reduction easily eliminates it. 3200 certainly isn't noiseless but again, Lightroom can clean it up very well in most situations. My old D80 had more noise at 400 than the D7000 has at 1600; I'd say 800 on it was equivalent to 3200 on the D7000. I could see printing 1600 shots at smaller sizes with no need for software cleanup. So while my results are preliminary (3 weeks in), I am astonished at the ISO capabilities of this camera. I no longer have d700 envy and am glad I can get great dx lenses for under $700 as opposed to $1500 for fx. Perfect for enthusiasts like me!You've seen the stat that the D7000 can shoot 6 shots per second. The 6FPS shutter is in some ways overkill. But if you shoot HDR/Bracket shots in quick succession having such a rapid shutter can allow you to do so handheld in a pinch. This is really only possible because of the high ISO capabilities enabling very fast shutter times. And for sporting events and the like, it's nice to have the ability to rapidly fire off shots.I have also noticed considerably improved metering and white balance on the D7000 compared to my old D80. Of the 350 or so shots I've taken, I am spending much less time adjusting lighting and white balance in Lightroom.As others have mentioned, the ergonomics/design of the camera are quite good and I really enjoy the many direct access shortcuts for adjusting everything from focus to flash to white balance and much more. The two custom settings are very easy to set and perfect for your two most common profiles (e.g. indoor portrait and outdoor landscape). The screen is beautiful and moving in and around even RAW files is very smooth and fast. I went with two 16GB SD class 10 Transcend cards and while I'm currently using the RAW 1 / JPEG 2 option, I plan to use the second as a backup card once I go to RAW only.I've only toyed with the video function but that was a part of my consideration since I dislike carrying two cameras, plus chargers and media, on family vacations. The tests I've done in 1080P have been very impressive, albeit large as you would expect. Auto-focusing while video recording is okay, as long as the background isn't too noisy or subjects too many. The biggest downside I have experienced is the built-in microphone picks up lots of auto focusing noise. I have not yet invested in an external mic but probably will need to.All in all I am very pleased with the D7000 and see no major shortcomings. It's not cheap, but you get a lot for your money if you are in the market for a prosumer class DSLR. For users who won't explore and use the MANY options and capabilities of this camera, I would recommend considering the 3100/5100. For D80/90 users who are ready to step up big time in terms of performance, this is the upgrade you have been waiting for. Some will hold out for a D700 successor (D800 or whatever it ends up being called). I have no doubt it will be an amazing camera but cost wise, you're going to be looking at $2500+ for the body alone and pay roughly double for coverage equivalent lenses. So figure $4K just to get started. Too rich for my non-professional needs but certainly should be considered if your work or wants dictate that level of camera. And there maybe be a D300s replacement in the works too. Still, I'd urge anyone to consider the D7000, which in my opinion is the best cropped sensor DSLR to date.
    Thank you for your feedback
    Sorry, there was an error
    Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on September 19, 2011
    Style: Body OnlySet: BaseVerified Purchase
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!! What do I say!!!
    Reviewed in the United States on September 19, 2011
    This camera is incredible, I am just learning it and it produces great pics... I bought David Busch's (Engineering textbook) D7000 guide and after about 1200 shots am just beginning to scratch the surface of what this camera is capable of.. Many before me have written much better reviews with much better expanations on how great this camera really is so I won't go into that.
    I am a hobbyist with a pretty good eye for photograpy that used a D50 for 5 years or so and SLR film user since the early 80's. Early last year I had the opportunity to start shoot at a local charity's events (12-13 per year), HS graduations at their adult high school and program graduations as well. I also really enjoy landscape, macro, wildlife and vacation photography as well. The D50 was OK and worked pretty well in regular light but started to have a lot of problems that several local repair facilities and Nikon all said buy a new camera... My choices were the Nikon D90, D300s and the D7000 and after loosing on an Ebay bid for a new D300s I decided to go for the D7000 from Amazon.... Best price, fast delivery and good support incase something goes wrong... I intend to buy an additional four year warranty extension to support my photography as soon as I recover from sticker shock and get a few new lenses...
    I was a little intimidated by the vast ammount of functions that this camera offers but have found that if I am paitent and continue to learn one function at a time that I will have a great tool for a long time in the future... The fears I had about being too complicated to really learn, the strange over manipulated samples from Amazon's pics, FLICKR and several on line forums I belong to and the fear that I would only use about 35% of this camera's actual capabilities have been put to rest by David Busch's book...
    I have shot mostly in one of the four modes controlled by the dial so far and have loved them. (Auto, Program, Shutter and Aperature) Even on Auto most of the pics have turned out better than the D50. As I gain a better knowledge of the functions and light readings of this camera I will begin to step away from the mode dial and start to use more of my choices for ISO shutter and ap speed... Don't get me wrong, not every pic has come out calling to be framed and put on my wall at home but I can assure both the novice and the intermediate shooter that you will not regret buying this camera... It will grow with you (and until you become a pro if that is your goal) satisfy your every photographic need... I am happy that I can use my old lenses during the learning curve so that when I am ready I will be able to shell out some buck for the real "Glass" that Nikon makes. These old lenses still are great for a lot of pic taking and will suffice for a time...
    The colors are great and actually really close to what the eye sees, I have been surprised time after time by the D7000 and how accurate and sharp the pics are even with Nikon kit lenses. Since I really am not one of the so called artist style photographers but do believe that composition is very important in picture taking I have set the goal to do as little manipulation of the shots as possible. With the old D50 it was pretty much manditory because the CCD was on its way out and when I had an event shoot often the camera (or the operator) was fooled by the types of lighting, a non TTL flash or a background that the camera didn't recognise a focal object and wouldn't get a clear focus on anything.... So far the only problem I have actually experienced withe the D7000 was getting it to pick a clear field of focus on a bunch of wild rice shoots with grain that was ready to be harvested... Operator error not the camera... I also understand that this is a universal problem with autofocus DSLR's...
    My advice is if you are willing to put in the work and really learn photography,,,,, Buy it...
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    9 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2010
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars Best DX (cropped) Camera To Date; Amazing ISO Performance
    Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2010
    My first DSLR was a D80 I purchased four years ago. The shutter went out a few weeks back but I had been planning to upgrade to the D7000 anyway so this just hurried things up. I bought the D7000 kit with the 18-105 lens but quickly sold that on Ebay. I was shooting with a Tamron 17-50 2.8 lens on the D80. For low light, it worked pretty well but greater than half the time I needed to use my SB-600 flash to capture my young kids doing what they do (move). The only downside to the Tamron, or combination of the Tamron with the D80, was that the images tended to be soft, especially when opened up. So I also upgraded my lens to the Nikkor 16-85. While this is a variable lens that maxes out at 3.5, it is amazingly sharp combined with the D7000. And the extra reach is great for getting better shots and also providing relatively shallow depth of field that otherwise would be lost with the slower aperture.

The reason I mention the lens change is that I wouldn't have gone to a variable lens had it not been for the amazing ISO performance on the D7000. I am now shooting flashless at very fast shutter speeds. I usually shoot raw and process with Lightroom and I'm seeing amazing results at 800 ISO even when fully blown up (1:1). At ISO 1600, I can see minor noise but Lightroom 3's noise reduction easily eliminates it. 3200 certainly isn't noiseless but again, Lightroom can clean it up very well in most situations. My old D80 had more noise at 400 than the D7000 has at 1600; I'd say 800 on it was equivalent to 3200 on the D7000. I could see printing 1600 shots at smaller sizes with no need for software cleanup. So while my results are preliminary (3 weeks in), I am astonished at the ISO capabilities of this camera. I no longer have d700 envy and am glad I can get great dx lenses for under $700 as opposed to $1500 for fx. Perfect for enthusiasts like me!

You've seen the stat that the D7000 can shoot 6 shots per second. The 6FPS shutter is in some ways overkill. But if you shoot HDR/Bracket shots in quick succession having such a rapid shutter can allow you to do so handheld in a pinch. This is really only possible because of the high ISO capabilities enabling very fast shutter times. And for sporting events and the like, it's nice to have the ability to rapidly fire off shots.

I have also noticed considerably improved metering and white balance on the D7000 compared to my old D80. Of the 350 or so shots I've taken, I am spending much less time adjusting lighting and white balance in Lightroom.

As others have mentioned, the ergonomics/design of the camera are quite good and I really enjoy the many direct access shortcuts for adjusting everything from focus to flash to white balance and much more. The two custom settings are very easy to set and perfect for your two most common profiles (e.g. indoor portrait and outdoor landscape). The screen is beautiful and moving in and around even RAW files is very smooth and fast. I went with two 16GB SD class 10 Transcend cards and while I'm currently using the RAW 1 / JPEG 2 option, I plan to use the second as a backup card once I go to RAW only.

I've only toyed with the video function but that was a part of my consideration since I dislike carrying two cameras, plus chargers and media, on family vacations. The tests I've done in 1080P have been very impressive, albeit large as you would expect. Auto-focusing while video recording is okay, as long as the background isn't too noisy or subjects too many. The biggest downside I have experienced is the built-in microphone picks up lots of auto focusing noise. I have not yet invested in an external mic but probably will need to.

All in all I am very pleased with the D7000 and see no major shortcomings. It's not cheap, but you get a lot for your money if you are in the market for a prosumer class DSLR. For users who won't explore and use the MANY options and capabilities of this camera, I would recommend considering the 3100/5100. For D80/90 users who are ready to step up big time in terms of performance, this is the upgrade you have been waiting for. Some will hold out for a D700 successor (D800 or whatever it ends up being called). I have no doubt it will be an amazing camera but cost wise, you're going to be looking at $2500+ for the body alone and pay roughly double for coverage equivalent lenses. So figure $4K just to get started. Too rich for my non-professional needs but certainly should be considered if your work or wants dictate that level of camera. And there maybe be a D300s replacement in the works too. Still, I'd urge anyone to consider the D7000, which in my opinion is the best cropped sensor DSLR to date.
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    178 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Translate all reviews to English
    Antonio
    5.0 out of 5 stars Maglifica
    Reviewed in Italy on December 17, 2022
    Bree
    5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera body.
    Reviewed in Canada on March 23, 2018
    Héctor Rangel
    3.0 out of 5 stars Buen producto, mala logistica.
    Reviewed in Mexico on April 4, 2016
    9 people found this helpful
    Klopp Patrick
    5.0 out of 5 stars Très bon produit de seconde main
    Reviewed in France on September 12, 2023
    rick koscielny
    5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
    Reviewed in Canada on March 3, 2017