Support for Pentax pixel shift files #3489

Yes, as pixelshift now is in dev, you don’t need to make psgtk3 builds.
psgtk3 branch will stay alive for further pixelshift development but I will merge more often to dev from now on.

I’ve done pixel shift whiteframes without nr for the Pentax K3-II. Files can be downloaded here:
https://filebin.net/f6f58gk5y576mduk

That file compresses quite well to say the least… is there any information in there?!

I don’t quite understand the need for the second series, as per (Adding Support for New Raw Formats - RawPedia) is it in case the camera does denoising in the raw file? As far as I understand you only request dngs?

edit: Added nr pixel shift files as well. Looks like something went wrong though. Was shooting the sun and there’s a black dot in the center of the frame. Why the sun would be black and the sky white when overexposed is a bit of a mystery to me. Perhaps it’s expected.

I choose medium nr as the camera has three settings plus an additional nr for long exposures which I also turned on.

Noticed the info about compression at the end of the rawpedia tutorial.

Yes, when the camera performs noise reduction in the raw files that affects the white (and sometimes black?) levels.

The off/low/medium/high noise reduction settings are probably only for the JPEG files. It’s only the long exposure noise reduction which affects raw files.

I hope you didn’t sizzle the photosites!

My first thought! Preliminary tests suggests no permanent issues. Shooting 28x4x2 (4 due to pixel shift) images straight into the sun in a very short timespan could be quite exhausting to the gear I imagine… but everything looks good.

Reading comprehension failure as my nr files were shot using below 2s shutterspeed. With the clarifications above I realised that youre after long shutterspeeds which rereading the rawpedia text confirmed.

New nr files can be downloaded from same filebin only did files at 1stop iso intervals if needed I can do intermediates later.

https://filebin.net/f6f58gk5y576mduk

@teiki & @allanp,

I have uploaded a new version and your issues should be resolved in this version.

Please test and let me know otherwise. The link is the same: https://www.partha.com/downloads/RawTherapee-psgtk3.app.zip

@heckflosse & @Hombre I am still pulling from psgtk3 branch for this build. Hope that’s OK and I’m not missing any functionality this way.

Thanks,
Partha

@partha

pixelshift is now in dev branch. Means you don’t need to make psgtk3 builds anymore :slight_smile:

@heckflosse, cool! Then I am done? :slight_smile:

Yeah :slight_smile:

Edit: And thanks for making the psgtk3 builds :slight_smile:

I shall download the new version soon. Thank you very much for your work(s).
Best regards, teiki.

Yes you are!:yum:

Everything works fine with the new version. Thank you very much indeed!:wink:

@heckflosse & @partha,
The new version with Pixel shift module for MacOs is incompatible with DxO DNG files in contrast to official RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_5.0-r1_gtk3.app release…
I mean I don’t use Pixel shift module for non pixel shift files with your PS release but it doesn’t work: process shows unworkable results… With official release, everything is fine so I can use DxO PRIME 2016…
Best regards.

PS: so, I have two RawTherapee applications, the official one for non Pixel Shift files with I can use Dxo Prime and your non-official one for Pixel Shift files where I can’t use DxO prime anyway… It doesn’t really bother me actually but just to let you know about it.

@teiki, please upload a DxO DNG file (whatever that is) to filebin.net and post the link here.

Hi Ingo,
Uploading at 100KB/s… the file is 200Mb, so this may take time… I let you know…

Thank you :slight_smile:

https://filebin.net/4xa4cts05d0r6rtd

Thanks for providing the file. I tried with windows version. The (already demoscaiced) DxO DNG opens fine here.

Edit: I guess I know that you mean now. Looking…

@teiki @partha I pushed a fix for this files. But keep in mind that these are not really raw files. They are already demosaiced by DxO!!!

Hi Ingo,
of course, the picture is already demosaiced, but we can play just on DxO prime to use RawTherapee as if it was a real dng file. To some extent, all files are processed by the Camera’s data encoding, am I wrong? And encoding depends on the way engineers decided it to be?! For example, the sensor is the same for Sony A7R, Nikon D810 and Pentax K-1, but these three brands use different proprietary formats and the way they decided to follow make the results a little bit different between these cameras, isn’t it?..
And what I like with RawTherapee, it’s all the parameters we “can/should” control to reach our goal…
In the sample, I also used Smart Lighting module of DxO but I am not used to. Usually, I just use DxO Prime to get fast and good Noise Reduction…
Best regards.