Jennifer & Michael

Summer solstice at Pimhill Barn.

As soon as I met Jen & Mike, I knew I'd love photographing their wedding day. They weren't afraid to 'break the rules', so-to-speak. Often, engaged couples can feel like they're led by the venue as to what they can do, rather than just doing what they truly want to do for their own wedding day. Well, this is what is great about having an outdoor wedding at Pimhill Barn, and their lovely owners, who seem to realise that not everyone wants a 'one size fits all wedding'.

Organised with so much personal meaning throughout the day, to mention just one - Mike, who is also in a band with Jen (and their friends, who were also at the wedding of course!), performed a song just for Jen & her father John as they shared a dance in the evening. So lovely.

To mention one humorous moment - their wedding bands were to be delivered by an owl at the appropriate time in the ceremony. Not just any owl, of course, a fully trained and experienced barn owl. The thing about Pimhill Barn is that it is... a barn. So, you can probably see where I am going with this. Yes, the owl decided to fly up into the roof of the barn, rather than deliver the wedding rings. Not to matter, as this had already been thought of ahead of time. But it did produce some great laughs!

X MENU