FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1737      
       1739              2171       2172       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

SiMuMe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1738 #1 · p.1738 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Rain is starting to threaten and fall, ever so often now and the plants are loving it a lot more than human watering.

Df + Zoom-NIKKOR 28-50mm f/3.5 AI-s | F5.6 ISO 800

Df + Zoom-NIKKOR 28-50mm f/3.5 AI-s | F8 ISO 800

Oct 02, 2022 at 10:39 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1738 #2 · p.1738 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

She is beautiful and knows it - Phoebe at 3 months circa 2013. She became such a pest at my light table - I had to lock her out of my studio to prevent her from always jumping up and getting between me and what I was shooting.
D800 and 35mm f1.4 ais

Oct 02, 2022 at 11:01 AM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.1738 #3 · p.1738 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Two takes of a relaxing Picazuro pigeon:

Relaxing Picazuro Pigeon by Jose, on Flickr

Picazuro Pigeon by Jose, on Flickr

Both taken with Fujifilm X-S10 + adapter + Nikkor 300mm f/4.5K ED (non-IF), ISO 1000 (1600 second shot), f/5.6 at 1/800s. 23% cropped (6/26MP).

Oct 02, 2022 at 11:17 AM
DeltaSigma
• • • •
p.1738 #4 · p.1738 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken,

Oh no - that's a scary moment and a much more expensive setup compared to my D610 + 18-35 falling only 2 feet out of a security locker. I watched that happen in slow motion too! When I dangle a camera on my shoulder it is always across my body.

Colin

Ken Hill wrote:
Hello everyone and great shots from the last few pages.

Raphael, thank you for the kind offer to house the C8 but I must decline, as to the NOCT !!!!

On the road trip to the UP we stopped at Tequanamon Falls, (I think that is how it is spelled) and after several hours in the car it was time to visits the gents. I asked Robin to hold the Z6 with the NOCT while I went inside. She put the camera strap on her shoulder and waited in the outer area. Out from the ladies burst forth Tammy Tourist obviously
...Show more

Oct 02, 2022 at 01:07 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1738 #5 · p.1738 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:

Raphael, thank you for the kind offer to house the C8 but I must decline, as to the NOCT !!!!

On the road trip to the UP we stopped at Tequanamon Falls, (I think that is how it is spelled) and after several hours in the car it was time to visits the gents. I asked Robin to hold the Z6 with the NOCT while I went inside. She put the camera strap on her shoulder and waited in the outer area. Out from the ladies burst forth Tammy Tourist obviously
...Show more

Ken, sorry for the close call. Must have made your heart skip a few beats!

Oct 02, 2022 at 01:12 PM
HCE HCE
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1738 #6 · p.1738 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DeltaSigma wrote:
Love these Jay.
At some point these old buildings will get repurposed or demolished.

Colin

Thanks Colin! I admire the individuality of these structures, unlike modern buildings that seem to have been hatched by the same MBAs.
Unfortunately for the owners they have slim chance of successful repurposing, that gas station turned hobbie shop or the drive thru turned state office. I've illustrated a potential concept for the latter just in case.

I'll bet these building are not demolished, but will erode and crumble naturally like Anasazi dwellings.

Laura, I don't have the proper credentials to look in that mailbox, so I was content to see that the red flag was not up.

-Jay- © HCE HCE 2022

-Jay- © HCE HCE 2022

-Jay- © HCE HCE 2022

A Modest Proposal

Oct 02, 2022 at 02:06 PM
spoupard
• • •
p.1738 #7 · p.1738 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay, I'm really enjoying the photo of the old buildings. Keep'em coming.

I had been on the fence about tracking down a 25-50mm f4 until I saw some photos that Ray posted recently. That pushed me over the edge and I tracked one down. Why is it that I can receive a lens quicker from Japan than from California. It just doesn't make sense. Anyway, here are a couple of test shots taken with the Z5 and 25-50mm f4. So far, I'm loving this lens.

22Eufaula-Providence Canyon_Z05_0809_Print by Scott Poupard

Normally I don't do this type of thing, but I wanted to see how well ON1 Photo Raw does at sky replacement. There wasn't a cloud anywhere to be found yesterday, so I thought I would give sky replacement a try. I think it did a pretty good job.

22Eufaula-Providence Canyon_Z05_0815_Print by Scott Poupard

Oct 02, 2022 at 02:25 PM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.1738 #8 · p.1738 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Colin I do likewise with a strap, in addition. a handstrap is on all my cameras and my hand is gently in that strap at every move.
My right thumb was completely dislocated in a bike accident in '99 and I don't trust the grip of the right hand in an emergency.
Impending camera/lens doom is an emergency IMO.

Mary

Edited on Oct 03, 2022 at 09:18 AM · View previous versions

Oct 02, 2022 at 02:40 PM
Ripolini
• • • •
p.1738 #9 · p.1738 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Baths of Caracalla

Nikon Z6, AI 50/1.4 @ f/2, 1/3200 s, 100 ISO

Oct 02, 2022 at 04:08 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.1738 #10 · p.1738 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Agree with others Jay. Love the series. Color, composition, exposure, all great!

George

HCE HCE wrote:
Thanks Colin! I admire the individuality of these structures, unlike modern buildings that seem to have been hatched by the same MBAs.
Unfortunately for the owners they have slim chance of successful repurposing, that gas station turned hobbie shop or the drive thru turned state office. I've illustrated a potential concept for the latter just in case.

I'll bet these building are not demolished, but will erode and crumble naturally like Anasazi dwellings.

Laura, I don't have the proper credentials to look in that mailbox, so I was content to see that the red flag was not up.

Oct 02, 2022 at 04:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.1738 #11 · p.1738 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Congrats on the new acquisition it is a great lens and I like your "test" shots

I agree about buying lenses from Japan. It is crazy sometimes. I just got a 35mm/2.8 PC lens in Mint +++ condition. I had an eye on one but wanted to check the local shop first but didn't find one there. So as soon as I got home I ordered the one from Japan hoping to have it before I head back to the mountains in a couple weeks. It was shipped FedEx and was at my door in 2 days!!

spoupard wrote:
Jay, I'm really enjoying the photo of the old buildings. Keep'em coming.

I had been on the fence about tracking down a 25-50mm f4 until I saw some photos that Ray posted recently. That pushed me over the edge and I tracked one down. Why is it that I can receive a lens quicker from Japan than from California. It just doesn't make sense. Anyway, here are a couple of test shots taken with the Z5 and 25-50mm f4. So far, I'm loving this lens.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52400268850_4dee81acb3_b.jpg
22Eufaula-Providence Canyon_Z05_0809_Print by Scott Poupard

Normally I don't do this type of thing, but I wanted to see
...Show more

Oct 02, 2022 at 04:42 PM
serge07
• • •
p.1738 #12 · p.1738 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi, everyone:

Ray, great photograph of the wet rocks. Both are terrific but prefer the color version.

Ken, I would have soiled the pants if that happened to my NOCT (not in the collection). Glad to hear all was well.

Jose, nice looking pigeon and excellent captures.

Alcatraz, sort of:

X-E1 + H.C 50/2
Serge

Oct 02, 2022 at 04:55 PM
DeltaSigma
• • • •
p.1738 #13 · p.1738 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mjgphotoz wrote:
Colin I do likewise with a strap, in addition. a handstrap is on all my cameras and my had is gently in that strap at every move.
My right thumb was completely dislocated in a bike accident in '99 and I don't trust the grip of the right hand in an emergency.
Impending camera/lens doom is an emergency IMO.

Mary

I moved over to Peak Design shoulder straps and wrist-cuff about a year ago.
When walking about with the Z6 permanently in hand, I have the security of the wrist strap.
I wasn't sure I would like the PD system but ithe modularity has grown on me.

Oct 02, 2022 at 05:15 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.1738 #14 · p.1738 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Same here. I converted over to Peak Design too and have not looked back. Even for binoculars. Use the same couple straps for everything.

DeltaSigma wrote:
When walking about with the Z6 permanently in hand, I have the security of the wrist strap.

Oct 02, 2022 at 05:20 PM
spoupard
• • •
p.1738 #15 · p.1738 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

DeltaSigma wrote:

---------------------------------------------

GeorgeBo wrote:
Same here. I converted over to Peak Design too and have not looked back. Even for binoculars. Use the same couple straps for everything.

Count me as a PD shoulder and wrist strap user, too. I love being able to easily swap out straps in just a few seconds.

Oct 02, 2022 at 06:27 PM
spoupard
• • •
p.1738 #16 · p.1738 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GeorgeBo wrote:
Congrats on the new acquisition it is a great lens and I like your "test" shots

I agree about buying lenses from Japan. It is crazy sometimes. I just got a 35mm/2.8 PC lens in Mint +++ condition. I had an eye on one but wanted to check the local shop first but didn't find one there. So as soon as I got home I ordered the one from Japan hoping to have it before I head back to the mountains in a couple weeks. It was shipped FedEx and was at my door in 2 days!!

Thanks, George. I couldn't believe when I opened the lens and it is in almost mint condition. It has a couple of very small marks on the body, but it's otherwise pristine. The little bit of testing I did shows that this is a very sharp lens with plenty of character. It's no lightweight, though.

Oct 02, 2022 at 06:30 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1738 #17 · p.1738 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Millennium Nikkor. Shopping mall, chicken dinner.

nikkor 5cm 1.4 millennium Z6 _01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikkor 5cm 1.4 millennium Z6 sunset_01_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikkor 5cm 1.4 millennium Z6 bar_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Oct 02, 2022 at 11:07 PM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.1738 #18 · p.1738 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Millennium Nikkor. Shopping mall, chicken dinner.

You scored yourself a winner there, Rafael.

Oct 03, 2022 at 01:11 AM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.1738 #19 · p.1738 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Df + Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 AI-s | F4 ISO 800 -0.67EV

Oct 03, 2022 at 01:12 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1738 #20 · p.1738 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken, I would still ship them off for a check-up by APS, just to be on the safe side. I bet Robin was beside herself as she watched it go flying.

Ken Hill wrote:

...Show more

Oct 03, 2022 at 03:41 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.