FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1708      
       1710              2171       2172       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1709 #1 · p.1709 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Series E 75-150mm @ 150mm w/ 4T Close Up Adapter. This little guy was less than 2" long but fairly calm. Wish I'd framed a bit better but still like how these came out, and sharpness is nothing to worry about!

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:17 AM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1709 #2 · p.1709 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Were you using an electronic adapter of any kind? Some have been known to cause battery drain due to poor power management.

Ken Hill wrote:
George, Colin & Laura thank you for the replies and I can only say the battery is a Nikon battery and was in “0” condition and wasn’t in a camera bag, just hanging off a strap. There were no accidental exposures either. I was a bit frustrated since it crashed so quickly hence my post asking if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks again.

/K

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:30 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1709 #3 · p.1709 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Curtis is definitely "the original sinner", but I'm a relatively recent blow in. I'm pretty innocent too.

Curtis - I don't believe you went out and took just 2 flower pics. You're holding out on us. It's the 12th anniversary!

Again, this is the 18mm f3.5 AIs on the Canon R5.

ben

Looks like your sensor is dirty on that Canon.

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:26 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1709 #4 · p.1709 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses wrote:
Series E 75-150mm @ 150mm w/ 4T Close Up Adapter. This little guy was less than 2" long but fairly calm. Wish I'd framed a bit better but still like how these came out, and sharpness is nothing to worry about!

Great set Matt. Hard to keep these guys still enough to grab a shot.

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:27 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1709 #5 · p.1709 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

From all the rain we've had lately. Taken with the Fuji X-S10 and 55mm f2.8 ais.

DSCF6965 by Tom Womack, on Flickr

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:28 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1709 #6 · p.1709 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks, ESPECIALLY when you start sticking a lens in their face. I guess he was young enough to not yet have been almost eaten a few times?

Nice shrooms!

Edited on Aug 24, 2022 at 02:53 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:50 PM
mjgphotoz
• • •
p.1709 #7 · p.1709 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GroWeb wrote:
Mary, Ray, and Rafael, thank you for your kind comments on my first set of car photos; and thanks to others for your likes.

Curtis, I'm so glad to see you here and to learn that you are well and still living your best life!

Here is my second set of automobile images from Saturday in Comox, which reflect a twofold theme: they are photos that have been, a) shot from a low angle, and b) processed as monochrome in Silver Efex Pro 3. Please see the captions for the lenses used.

Glen,

I am a sucker for B&W and it works soooo well on these autos!

Mary

Aug 24, 2022 at 02:05 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1709 #8 · p.1709 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Laura,
Been using it in LR CC, but just tried it in LR 5 and it works there as well.
Jim

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I prefer the color, shows off that smirk just a bit more

Lens Tagger is just for LightRoom? How old a version of LR?

Aug 24, 2022 at 04:35 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1709 #9 · p.1709 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GroWeb wrote:
Mary, Ray, and Rafael, thank you for your kind comments on my first set of car photos; and thanks to others for your likes.

Curtis, I'm so glad to see you here and to learn that you are well and still living your best life!

Here is my second set of automobile images from Saturday in Comox, which reflect a twofold theme: they are photos that have been, a) shot from a low angle, and b) processed as monochrome in Silver Efex Pro 3. Please see the captions for the lenses used.

Glen, these are great - the one I just love is the 16mm of the Vette, will try to duplicate it this Friday at Cruising Grand.

Aug 24, 2022 at 07:04 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1709 #10 · p.1709 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

RicHammond wrote:
Hello. Long time. I've been consumed with another hobby the last few years plus other commitments. On a lark I stopped by a camera store a few weeks ago and pick up a 35mm f3.5 P.C. that was calling my name. Knowing I was going camping the next week. This shot is from the first use. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52307650345_7de79eed47_c.jpg8-8-2022111_DxO by ric_hammond, on Flickr

Very nice Ric, did you shift at all on this one? saw it 100% on Flickr, great corner to corner. The 3.5 is a really old lens, I had one once but it was defective, yours is not.

Aug 24, 2022 at 07:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1709 #11 · p.1709 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
From all the rain we've had lately. Taken with the Fuji X-S10 and 55mm f2.8 ais.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52308726723_da8266b7e8_c.jpgDSCF6965 by Tom Womack, on Flickr

Somehow I can picture you sitting on top of that mushroom Leighton. looking wise and relaxed.

Aug 24, 2022 at 07:10 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1709 #12 · p.1709 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The 2.8cm 3.5 S mount RF lens arrived quickly.
It truly is like new! incredible how a 70 year old lens can hold up. This is one of the very last chrome 2.8cm.

nikkor 28mm 3.5 rangefinder s-mount 6 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

tested it with the Z6, the central area is super sharp at 1:3.5 and the corners clean up progressively to 1:11. Like my 3.5cm 1:3.5 it holds very nicely at 24mp all the way to 1:22.

The front element is ridiculously small. So the first test was with a regular width B+W filter, but it cut deep into the picture area, replaced it with a slim filter, and that one cut in only at 1:22 - have a super slim one on order.

If interested go look at the series in Flickr at 100%, uploaded 3.5, 11, and 22 only, the other apertures only change the corners and the amount of vignetting.

MIND you - the corners can be decent at any aperture, it is curvature of field that makes them fuzzy, selective focusing for depth of field can greatly enhance the corner one is interested on.

at 1:3.5: very decent central area, heavy vignetting

Nikkor RF S mount 2.8cm 3.5 @ 3.5 Z6 test 01_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

at 1:11 very nice throughout, still some vignetting, easily fixed if one wants to.

Nikkor RF S mount 2.8cm 3.5 @ 11 Z6 test 01_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

at 1:22 still very nice, the B+W slim filter is cutting into the corner

Nikkor RF S mount 2.8cm 3.5 @ 22 Z6 test 01_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Edited on Aug 24, 2022 at 09:17 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2022 at 07:22 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.1709 #13 · p.1709 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AdaptedLenses wrote:

Incredible focusing, like the transition to OOF

Aug 24, 2022 at 07:34 PM
GroWeb
• • •
p.1709 #14 · p.1709 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
Glen - it's always a pleasure to see the 16mmm fisheye. It's given you perfect little sunstars on both "t"s of Corvette, so perfect they almost look photoshopped.

Ben

Thanks Ben. For me, the 16mm fisheye is what Curtis would call a "desert island lens."

mjgphotoz wrote:
I am a sucker for B&W and it works soooo well on these autos!

Mary

Thanks Mary. Me too -- whenever I'm processing photos in Lightroom, I can't resist doing a few in monochrome, and Silver Efex is a marvelous tool for the purpose.

rafaelcasd wrote:
Glen, these are great - the one I just love is the 16mm of the Vette, will try to duplicate it this Friday at Cruising Grand.

Thanks Rafael. That sounds like a great idea; I'm looking forward to seeing the result!

Here is today's set of Saturday's auto show photos. The theme is "Reflections," which is one of my perennial favourite car show subjects. Please see the captions for the lenses used.

28mm f/2 N

28mm f/2 N

55mm f/1.2 SC

28mm f/2 N

Edited on Aug 24, 2022 at 09:24 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2022 at 09:20 PM
RicHammond
• •
p.1709 #15 · p.1709 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Very nice Ric, did you shift at all on this one? saw it 100% on Flickr, great corner to corner. The 3.5 is a really old lens, I had one once but it was defective, yours is not.

Thank you. It was my first time using it so was fiddling around quite a bit. Yes I did shift. Maybe about 3/4 max, not sure. I got the shot just before the sun dipped down and put the meadow grass into shadow.

Edited on Aug 24, 2022 at 09:30 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2022 at 09:24 PM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.1709 #16 · p.1709 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Appreciate the feedback on the blues George, Siphiwe. A couple more showing the setting of the park and the building, with the 105 f2.5AIS and the 25-50 f4.0 AI. A wonderful combo for getting out and around with.

Aug 24, 2022 at 09:24 PM
pbraymond
• • • •
p.1709 #17 · p.1709 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great captures with the 75-150 Matt.

Glen, the Comox car show continues to provide lots of enjoyment. I do prefer the color shots to hte B&W personally.

Congrats on the 2.8cm 3.5 S mount RF Rafael. Looks like it just came from the factory!

The 'shrooms shot is simply delicious Leighton.

Aug 24, 2022 at 09:27 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1709 #18 · p.1709 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I went back to that lake where I saw no birds today looking for birds. As soon as I got out of the car I could see a Great Blue Heron across one end of the lake. I went to a tree near the lake edge to shoot what I could see, and to use the tree as a lens support. I slowly walked the lake edge, which has 10-15' high Sumac's, towards the Heron. Natural vistas would occur, and I would get a few more frames from the closer vantage points. I knew he was watching me. I haven't been birding in many many years, and last time I had - I had a 500mm f4 afs + 1.7xTC which I almost fell because of neuropathy in my feet made me unsteady. It prompted me to sell the lens - not wanting it to meet such terrible end of me falling down. This time I had a ridiculous combo of the 400mm f5.6 and the modified TC-16A on the D7200. A handheld 960mm effective focal length that felt like a tube of wrapping paper which I doubted I could hold still. As I walked I noticed dozens of the Sumacs were snapped off in their crowns, then a shadow flew over me. It was an Osprey coming to see who was in his territory, and then I knew who broke the Sumac's.

I spooked a female RWBB or Grosbeak, saw one Chickadee darting off, and three tiny duck hens as I crossed a bridge. My estimate of where the Heron was located was spot on, and I was leaning left and right looking for his head and neck. Just as our eyes locked from about 25 feet away - a mans voice, right behind me, said;"what are you looking for". I turned and saw a 74 year old man (Cal) in an electric wheelchair - then whipped around to see the Heron had jumped into the air from the man's voice. I shot the Heron for a minute then answered Cal, and visited a while. So, I think I have solved the missing RRBB mystery. These photos are in chronological order, sorry about the length of this post, and they certainly don't meet Jose's standard.

Edited on Aug 25, 2022 at 12:15 PM · View previous versions

Aug 24, 2022 at 09:36 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1709 #19 · p.1709 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Trying to remember if I bought it...

mp356 wrote:
Nice picture Ben. You are just rubbing it in by using the 18mm f3.5. Should not have let my copy go.

Aug 25, 2022 at 03:45 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.1709 #20 · p.1709 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The D1h/D1x battery charger have a button to refresh the batteries, but the switch from nicad to li-ion seems to have taken care of that. I was reading a thing on charging phones and how to do it best. Biggest killer of batteries, according to the article, is heat. So, now when I'm charging my phones, I keep a small fan blowing on them, and they aren't quite so warm. We Be See how this works.

Ken Hill wrote:
George, Colin & Laura thank you for the replies and I can only say the battery is a Nikon battery and was in “0” condition and wasn’t in a camera bag, just hanging off a strap. There were no accidental exposures either. I was a bit frustrated since it crashed so quickly hence my post asking if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks again.

/K

Aug 25, 2022 at 03:48 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.