Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

Greetings all!

Had the pleasure of shooting my third wedding with Sergio! Truly had a great time hanging out with the guy.

This wedding introduced some new challenges for me (especially as a second shooter):

1) There were THREE videographers...and they were everywhere. Nice enough guys, but damn....

2) Did I mention THREE videographers? So at times, there were FIVE of us vying for a shot...you will not see a lot of portraits from me here because I felt it was WAYYY more important for the Bride/Groom to have a good time and enjoy each other than for me to shoot for my portfolio. Plus, I know Serg kicks ass with portraits, so I went and got the car (cranked the AC) while he got some one on one time with the B/G.

3) Mixed reception lighting. Dayum. It was my first time trying pocket wizards and i could not get the damn thing to fire consistently. So i went to on camera only...that sucked. Then I went to ambient. Too dark. So finally, I just started stealing the videographer's lights.

Enough yackin, here are my photos from the day...check out Sergio's here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/913698

I'd love some crit since this is my third wedding...lay it on me!

http://www.pbase.com/anerino/image/126139514/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/anerino/image/126153387/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/anerino/image/126153389/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/anerino/image/126153390/original.jpg

Jul 01, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Tad Killian
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

I like this set better. Hell of a job!

Jul 01, 2010 at 11:11 PM
Tad Killian
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

What's the dude doing with the monopod in the shot where the BnG are exiting the church?

Jul 01, 2010 at 11:24 PM
samwise
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

Tad Killian wrote:
What's the dude doing with the monopod in the shot where the BnG are exiting the church?

thats probably one of the 3 video guys

Great work Chuck... was that a constant light during the reception shots?

Jul 02, 2010 at 12:12 AM
ExtendedPuppet
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

very nice
if you want C&C you might want to throw some #'s on them.
You tell the story well

Jul 02, 2010 at 12:18 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

Great work Chuck. Your style really works well with Sergio's.

--David

Jul 02, 2010 at 12:54 AM
BKphotography
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

As said kinda hard to crit with no numbers...

but heres a few thoughts,

I love the one with the old family pic with the two guys (brothers?) at each side. I have a photo like this (old family photo) and its very special to me... nice catch.

Photos of the young girl and the older lady near the beginning look like they would benefit with a lower contrast.

One of the best of the set is the one with the bride raising her flowers above her head walking along with the groom at the reception... slap me some skin.

Congrats again too on the adding of the wolfpack

Jul 02, 2010 at 07:47 AM
pattyw
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

You've done well for your third wedding... it looks like you've a good eye and an ability to anticipate really good moments: 3c being a great example.

I would never have guessed you had struggles with lighting during the reception.

One point: 1I and 1J look a bit off from the rest... too much highlight recovery or something...

Jul 02, 2010 at 07:54 AM
Andrew Welsh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

MY first reaction is... if it weren't for the same people in the photos, I would've never known you and Sergio shot the same wedding. The client will get two very different perspectives of the same event- bully for them!

Some of the outdoor portraits in #1 could use a touch of fill flash.. the shadows are a bit hard.

If the PW's fail and ambient light is fail, you can always go with on-camera flash bounced off a wall/ceiling.

Regardless of the crits, you did well for your third time out. Better than my 3rd time out!

Jul 02, 2010 at 11:47 AM
alanwarp
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

I was about to type something then I read BK's post and he basically said everything I was going to say...(love that family photo on the wall pic)

overall good work on wedding 3, take a few more shots on that formal in front of the church to get everyone looking..

Alan

Jul 02, 2010 at 12:10 PM
mineymole
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

I think you did a great job capturing their day and a nice compliment to Sergio.

Jul 02, 2010 at 12:23 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

many thanks all!

sorry for the lack of numbering, but i was tyring to make it easy on myself by just posting the blog stuff rather than the individual photos.

tad, sam is right, that was one of the THREE vid guys!

sam, it wasnt constant, but pretty much the entire wedding one of the THREE video guys was following the B/G with the light...so I stopped fighting it and just went with it.

BK, as always, thanks for the honest crit

patty, thanks, but you didnt see the hundred or so reception stuff i trashed

andrew, much appreciate your kind words and crits! many thanks.

alan, i think i have another that i can work with on that formal, i'll check it out.

thanks miney

Jul 05, 2010 at 07:27 PM
Tim Ashton
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

I like your take on the wedding better
But styles are very personal
Tim

Jul 06, 2010 at 05:37 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

thank you tim, i appreciate the words i think you nailed it, this set will appeal to some and serg's will appeal to others. but i feel together, we gave them a bit of everything

Jul 06, 2010 at 03:51 PM
57suzi
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

Chuck, it really shows that you are first and foremost a journalist. You just have the magic of anticipating and nailing the right moment. The shot of the couple entering the reception, and all the fantastic smiles in this set show that off. Yeah, if you have vid guys everywhere, use their light

Jul 06, 2010 at 04:16 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

Suze,

Your words and encouragement have always meant a lot to me. Thanks

Chuck

Jul 07, 2010 at 04:44 PM
PatFurey89
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

the shot with the bride and the hand outstretched oof in the bottom right corner might be my favorite image from a ceremony I've ever seen.

Jul 07, 2010 at 06:28 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Third Wedding (Shooting w/Sergio)

pat, that is one of my favorite wedding photos i've ever taken you nailed what i like about it...the extended hand! thanks man

Jul 08, 2010 at 08:05 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.