Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
       12              74       75       end

Archive 2016 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

rji2goleez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

By the way, I just noticed this morning that I can't mount the camera with adapter and L-Bracket to my tripod. the adapter ends up too close to the l-bracket base. What have others done to deal with this?

Aug 19, 2016 at 06:49 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I went out and bought felt pads at Ace hardware little rounds I double staked them on the plate between body and bracket and it gave is a nice space between them to clear for tripod head.now you may need a slightly longer screw so bring yours with and get a 1/4 inch longer. My Sunway L bracket I grinded down the front because it was hitting the tech art when attaching to body so I fixed that than I fixed the L bracket. Tripod fix is easy just felt pads. They are rubber BTW

Aug 19, 2016 at 07:25 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Happy to see this is getting the 'exposure' it deserves.

What took everyone so long? I ordered mine in February and received one from the first production run.

Aug 19, 2016 at 07:50 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I honestly was not paying any attention to it. Fred sent me a email that he rented one and than I woke up. Love it so far.

Aug 19, 2016 at 07:59 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Just having some fun. I posted about it on getdpi a few months ago too.

As someone who isn't a pro and doesn't want to spend megabucks on GM lenses when I already have lots of fine legacy glass, this adapter and the Contax G adapter are what drove me to switch to Sony.

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:01 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Fred Miranda wrote:
Yes, currently the f/32 aperture parks the adapter in MF instead of AF. (That's the only aperture that does that)
I explain to them that some shooters may have compact 135 lenses and that may not be the best option.

So, if I parked the adapter successfully in MF mode using f/32, how do I bring back AF? I tried parking at f/2 and f/4.5 but the adapter is still in MF mode. And by parking, one merely has to fire the shutter at an appropriate camera aperture, yes?

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:13 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #7 · p.11 #7 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

To toggle between AF and MF, assign AF/MF ctrl toggle to a button.

The 'parking' feature is so the adapter stays in the preferred position when switching between AF and MF modes; i.e., at infinity, at close-up, or at the present focus position.

Personally, I don't want the adapter changing focus when I switch between AF and MF, so I use the F45 option so it stays at the present focus position.

Edited on Aug 19, 2016 at 08:26 AM · View previous versions

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:17 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #8 · p.11 #8 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Need to find the code for AF and do that I believe to switch it back. Not sure the code. Look at the little manual. I'm actually going to take a picture of mine stick it in my notes on my phone so I have it all the time

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:18 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.11 #9 · p.11 #9 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

GMPhotography wrote:
Need to find the code for AF and do that I believe to switch it back. Not sure the code. Look at the little manual. I'm actually going to take a picture of mine stick it in my notes on my phone so I have it all the time

I should have done that but now I'm at the office without my little cheat sheet.

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:22 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #10 · p.11 #10 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I have AF/MF Ctrl Toggle set to the center button, this is changed under Custom Key Settings

http://restoration35.com/IMG_6856.JPG

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:23 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #11 · p.11 #11 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

http://restoration35.com/IMG_2694.jpeg

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:25 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.11 #12 · p.11 #12 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

^ Thank you! The image is now saved in my dropbox!

I think it's easier to simply use the AF/MF button on the back of the camera body unless you need to MF at close distances. Then simply park at F40 or F45.

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:29 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #13 · p.11 #13 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

I agree rather do this with the body. It's really a camera function not a adapter function

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:42 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #14 · p.11 #14 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

There is no adapter function for switching between AF/MF, just the parking location options.

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:44 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #15 · p.11 #15 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

BTW 3 percent after 9 hours sitting off.

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:47 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #16 · p.11 #16 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

d-intrigue wrote:
There is no adapter function for switching between AF/MF, just the parking location options.

Should have said parking function. My bad. I'm going to make my drive left button the AF/MF switch. I had that in the RX I just sold and liked it a lot. I have my drive options in the FN button anyway and since it is seldom used I will use that. It's actually a nice place for it since my thumb is usually there anyway

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:50 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.11 #17 · p.11 #17 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Btw not to get to far off topic but was looking for a cheap 50. Noticed the VC 50 1.5. I'm looking for character lens . I have the new FE 50 1.4 so I don't need brilliantly sharp. I was looking at the ZM 50 1.5 but costs are a little high since I want to get my ZM 85 back too.

Aug 19, 2016 at 08:53 AM
simonedf
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #18 · p.11 #18 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

GMPhotography wrote:
You set a certain aperture on the body take a shot and it records it. For instance my 35mm ZM I put on body on camera I rotate aperture to let's say F45 ( I forgot the number) take a shot and it sets the Exif for 35mm lens . Than rotate aperture all the way back on camera to fully wide open as it will go. Leave it there it's F2 btw than go ahead to shoot for real use the aperture on lens. Now you have 35mm lens in Exif and your IBIS now knows it's a 35
...Show more

Ahhhhhh, ok! Got it!
Thanks!

Aug 19, 2016 at 09:05 AM
bluloo
• • • •
p.11 #19 · p.11 #19 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

Is that cheat card still valid for V3 firmware?

If you switch to MF mode on the camera body, and don't enter F36, F40 or F45, will the adapter continue to AF?

I ask because I set mine to MF, and the adapter still auto-focused, but I hadn't set one of those three entries.

Aug 19, 2016 at 09:18 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.11 #20 · p.11 #20 · Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

As far as I know, nothing changed on that chart between v2 and v3.

If you switch to MF mode (which is only possible via the camera body) and don't have anything entered via F36, F40 or F45 I'm fairly sure the default operation is that the adapter resets focus to some default position (i.e., but not close/infinity/present.)

If that makes sense.

Edited on Aug 19, 2016 at 09:32 AM · View previous versions

Aug 19, 2016 at 09:30 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.