FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

OK - I am convinced! All your suggestions (complaints ) have had their desired effect. Here is my revised version with a different table top color.

The other day, when I was shooting that white Camellia, I thought I'd mess around and put it into the hand of this little bronze statue I have. She is the one who normally spends all her time on that blue marble table top. It may not be quite the thing for this forum and it may be kind of weird but maybe you'll like it, anyhow.

Here is the B & W version: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1273146

Edited on Feb 12, 2014 at 01:30 PM · View previous versions

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:36 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

I like this one Endre . The only little nit I have is the color of the table top. I love the colors of the background against the statue. I think if the table were the same as the background or one of the shades of the background it would work better for me. Just my humble thoughts

Birdie

Feb 11, 2014 at 05:47 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Thank you. Birdie. You kind comments and opinions are always appreciated! The table top is blue. I tried messing with the Hue/Saturation on the table top with no success. The only other alternative would be to change he background color to match the table but that is too much trouble. I suppose I could have chosen a different background to start with but it didn't bother me at the time. Oh well…

All best wishes,

Endre

birdied wrote:
I like this one Endre . The only little nit I have is the color of the table top. I love the colors of the background against the statue. I think if the table were the same as the background or one of the shades of the background it would work better for me. Just my humble thoughts

Birdie

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:06 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Very nice Endre

Morris

Feb 11, 2014 at 06:52 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

I have mixed thoughts on these two Endre. The flower looks better in color because of the subtle colors, but the color bg is a bit distracting. In the b&w ver, the bg is not so distracting, but the flower is just not quite as pretty ~ Ron

Feb 11, 2014 at 09:45 PM
platscha
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

stunning, perfect match

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

I like this image, Endre and I think Birdie's suggestion makes a lot of sense. So I tried to realize her vision (and mine with the flower) to see how it looks. I believe the bg is very nice so i wouldn't touch it, so I just worked on the table and the flower, that, to my eyes looked a bit too powerful and a bit distracting.
The image is more pleasing to my eyes, even tough i'm not completely happy with the color of the flower. However this is just to give you an idea to work your own colors and since this is your image what is important is how it pleases you.
If you are interested I can give you the easy steps to change the color of the table so you can follow your own vision
I will take it down my re-edit once you have seen it.
Socrate

Edited on Feb 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM · View previous versions

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM
ScottHM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

In this one I think if you lightened the background on the B&W version I'd prefer that one better. I like the use of texture in the background with the flower and statue in that, but I think it'd stand out more if it was a little lighter. This one I think you've got too many contrasting colors that fight each other.

Feb 12, 2014 at 01:43 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Thanks, Morris!

All best wishes,

Endre

morris wrote:
Very nice Endre

Morris

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:07 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Thanks, Ron. Different people all seem to have different reactions to it. Maybe that's good? I appreciate your input, though.

Best wishes,

Endre

surfnron wrote:
I have mixed thoughts on these two Endre. The flower looks better in color because of the subtle colors, but the color bg is a bit distracting. In the b&w ver, the bg is not so distracting, but the flower is just not quite as pretty ~ Ron

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:09 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Thank you, Patsy, my friend! I'm glad you like it, especially since it seems to have generated some critical interest.

Warm regards,

Endre

platscha wrote:
stunning, perfect match

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:10 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, to say nothing of all the work in messing with my photo, Socrate. I appreciate your very kind investment of time and effort. Maybe I'm just used to it, but I don't find the colors to be distracting at all. As I said earlier, I tried changing the color of the table with a Hue/Saturation layer but couldn't find a color that looked in any way natural. If you have another way of changing the color of the table, I'd be most interested. Maybe I could find some other color that doesn't look quite so unreal to me. Sadly, to my eyes, at least, the color change of the flower is particularly unsuccessful - again, maybe because I know the original flower so well. For the time being, I think I will leave it alone and maybe I'll mess with it again later, with fresh perspective.

Again, I appreciate you taking so much interest in helping to make the photo better.

All best wishes,

Endre

Shasoc wrote:
I like this image, Endre and I think Birdie's suggestion makes a lot of sense. So I tried to realize her vision (and mine with the flower) to see how it looks. I believe the bg is very nice so i wouldn't touch it, so I just worked on the table and the flower, that, to my eyes looked a bit too powerful and a bit distracting.
The image is more pleasing to my eyes, even tough i'm not completely happy with the color of the flower. However this is just to give you an idea to work your own colors
...Show more

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:33 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · REVISED: Angel Holding A White Camellia

Thanks, Scott! In this case, I think you were right and lightening the background of the B & W version was a good idea, which I incorporated into a revision which no replaces the other one. To my eyes, though, the colors look fine together, especially since the bronze hints at the blue in it that is in the table. Hmmm…. I shall have to ponder the color version more.

All best wishes,

Endre

ScottHM wrote:
In this one I think if you lightened the background on the B&W version I'd prefer that one better. I like the use of texture in the background with the flower and statue in that, but I think it'd stand out more if it was a little lighter. This one I think you've got too many contrasting colors that fight each other.

Feb 12, 2014 at 03:37 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.