New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Please advise

Achilles2010
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Please advise

Hi all,

Reposting my question in Pro section, hopping to get more help as per CW100 suggestion

I am looking for an advice here. Recently I got an offer to shoot medical personal in full gear hospital setting. Basically, they want me to shoot about 20 outstanding employees of the hospital (10 poses each) and provide them with 10 large 24"x36" acrylic/foam core prints per person to be displayed throughout the facility. My understanding is that this is going to be an annual photo-shoot. Every year about 12 professionals will be photographed for their excellence. I was wondering if any of you who have done this type of work can help me to price this assignment. Poses will include, busyness suite look, white coat, operating room, procedure rooms & some group shots.
Some of my concerns: getting paid reasonably, copyrighting, self promotion.
Thanks in advance!

Best,

Arthur

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
GoGo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Please advise

The copyright is yours, thank the forefathers ©2013 your name here.

Look at http://www.giorgioniro.com/#/pricing use the chevron to scroll down.

You need to charge the hospital a real price and not be shy about it. In the past while working for hospitals I have donated my time and work (not my copyright) by charging normally for the job, cashing the check and then donating the same amount from my business account to the hospital.

Be in business, or not! Your choice. As simple as that...

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:15 AM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Please advise

Appreciate it GoGo!

Apr 13, 2013 at 07:52 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Please advise

Your Cost of a print x2, plus your time. Maybe an hour per person? Another hour to setup/tear down? This is commercial territory, so perhaps a day rate? Probably 2 or 3 half days to get everyone; you will never get them all in the same day...

Just to throw a number off the top of my head (qualified with "I don't make my living. From Photgraphy, and maybe my pricing is too low") I would do it for $600 plus the prints, which IIRC run me $35-50 range. So double that and we are at $70-100 per print. So all total with 10 prints, $1300-1600.

But that is just me... The above is worth exactly what you paid for it!

Paul

Apr 13, 2013 at 08:51 AM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Please advise

Paulthelefty wrote:
Your Cost of a print x2, plus your time. Maybe an hour per person? Another hour to setup/tear down? This is commercial territory, so perhaps a day rate? Probably 2 or 3 half days to get everyone; you will never get them all in the same day...

Just to throw a number off the top of my head (qualified with "I don't make my living. From Photgraphy, and maybe my pricing is too low") I would do it for $600 plus the prints, which IIRC run me $35-50 range. So double that and we are at $70-100 per print. So all
...Show more

Thanks Paul,

In this case print are kind of pricey. They are looking into 300$ worth Acrylic Prints 24"X36"

Best,

Arthur

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:11 AM
GoGo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Please advise

BTW, IMHO making prints is somebody else's business.

I deliver files, and a license to use the files for finite period of time. I only work with or for corporations. That's just the way I do it, we are all different and we all make our choices.

Please look here for an idea https://nppa.org/calculator

A supermodel (before the concept ever was thought up) once said "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000!

You also need a number!

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Please advise

GoGo wrote:
BTW, IMHO making prints is somebody else's business.

I deliver files, and a license to use the files for finite period of time. I only work with or for corporations. That's just the way I do it, we are all different and we all make our choices.

Point taken

Apr 13, 2013 at 09:36 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.