New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Stoffer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Hi all...

For those lucky ones with the new Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, Lightroom 4.3 is now available in final release with a lens profile for that lens. Enjoy!

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

Dec 13, 2012 at 03:08 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Oh, and support for the EOS 6D. Sorry about not mentioning that.

Dec 13, 2012 at 03:10 AM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

if someone could comment on this it'd be greatly appreciated - is the final version of Lightroom 4.3 any faster/less laggy than LR 4.2? My release candidate LR 4.3 definitely isn't..

Dec 13, 2012 at 03:40 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

kaycephoto wrote:
if someone could comment on this it'd be greatly appreciated - is the final version of Lightroom 4.3 any faster/less laggy than LR 4.2? My release candidate LR 4.3 definitely isn't..

The Develop module opens a lot faster for me, which was a bit of a pain for me i version LR 4.2. I have a fast pc, however, but LR4.3 feels fast and responsive. I got a small sample of D800 raw-files, and it doesn't choke on those at all, so I'm very happy.

Dec 13, 2012 at 04:03 AM
PhilDrinkwater
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Would be great if they'd spend some time optimising I can always cope with it being faster although it's not too bad on my machine..

Dec 13, 2012 at 04:47 AM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Stoffer wrote:
Oh, and support for the EOS 6D. Sorry about not mentioning that.

Thank you, mentioning it now

Dec 13, 2012 at 05:02 AM
Chris Tylko
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Oh WOW, yes! ...4.3 (official release) is much faster than 4.2...I'd say almost, but not quite, as fast as 3.

And the 24-70 II is supported too. I'm a happy man now.

Dec 13, 2012 at 06:04 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

now that I've had a chance to export a few thousand files on my custom built PC (very very clean system purely for editing), I can say that Lightroom 4.3 is still about 30-40% slower than Lightroom 3.6 - which was blazing fast on my new system.

I find the Develop modules slightly less laggier in 4.3 than in the RC 4.2 I was using prior to upgrading though..

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Gust
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

kaycephoto wrote:
now that I've had a chance to export a few thousand files on my custom built PC (very very clean system purely for editing), I can say that Lightroom 4.3 is still about 30-40% slower than Lightroom 3.6 - which was blazing fast on my new system.

I find the Develop modules slightly less laggier in 4.3 than in the RC 4.2 I was using prior to upgrading though..

and don't forget working with 2 screens:Its still very slowwwwwwwwwww and far from how it should be.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

kaycephoto wrote:

Well, since you're speaking about export: You should keep in mind that the image engine was updated to Process 2012 i Lightroom 4.x, which is more CPU intensive/demanding than the one in Lightroom 3.x. So slower image processing is a given between the two programs. You can, however, still choose Process 2010 in LR4 and check if that is getting you closer to the speed you had in Lightroom 3.6.

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:45 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

kaycephoto wrote:

There are a lot of new or larger (improved) features in the new version also. So it's not like it's the same software that are 30-40% slower.

Dec 18, 2012 at 02:55 PM
adamx12m
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Well, since you're speaking about export: You should keep in mind that the image engine was updated to Process 2012 i Lightroom 4.x, which is more CPU intensive/demanding than the one in Lightroom 3.x. So slower image processing is a given between the two programs. You can, however, still choose Process 2010 in LR4 and check if that is getting you closer to the speed you had in Lightroom 3.6.

With Windows 7 using the resource monitor from the task manager, you get some insight into how much disk processing is also going on with Lightroom, especially when syncing multiple images. I try to make sure anti-virus/malware stuff isn't scanning temp directories.

Dec 18, 2012 at 04:51 PM
kaycephoto
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lightroom 4.3 with EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens profile

Stoffer wrote:

Lars Johnsson wrote:
There are a lot of new or larger (improved) features in the new version also. So it's not like it's the same software that are 30-40% slower.

definitely valid points & i do (slightly) prefer the imaging engine in LR4 over the one in LR3 - i'm still hopeful that LR engineers can continue optimizing the software as further versions are released, however.

one of the huge advantages for using Lightroom was to speed up the editing/processing/exporting process prior to optional detailed retouching in Photoshop.. LR4 being considerably slower has been quite the pain in the ass frankly

Dec 19, 2012 at 06:31 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.