First spec list in a long time
We received our first spec list for a Canon EOS 7D Mark II (we're calling it that for now) from a known source in a while this weekend. Most people are now saying that this camera is probably being announced at the end of summer, with availability almost right away like the EOS 5D Mark III.

It was also mentioned that their could be as many as 3 prototype configurations of the camera out there, and this one of them.

Specifications

• 24.1mp APS-C Sensor
  • Dual DIGIC V
  • 10fps
  • Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
  • 61 AF Points (I wonder if we'll get red focus points in AIS?)
  • 3.2″ LCD
  • Build quality like 5D3
  • GPS & Wifi
  • $2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch, I'd like to see such a camera come in under $2000)
  • ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
  • “Lots of video features”

As we've been told before, this camera will basically be a mini EOS-1D X, and with that, comes a price increase. It was also stressed that about the only spec that may change is the sensor, as they have a few APS-C sensors available. I wonder about the megapixel count, though if Canon gets back to making industry leading sensors, I have no doubt 24mp could be a real winner.

Canon EOS 7D $1199 at BuyDig.com

cr

Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Share.

Comments are closed.