Buy used:
Used: Very Good | Details
Condition: Used: Very Good
Comment: GREAT CONDITION!! Optical components :The lens is clean and very clear, free of fungus and haze though there is little dust, it will not affect shooting. Appearance : The body looks nice & clean, beautiful with no noticeable scratches. Please check the photos. Function: All the parts are perfectly functioning. Included items: F / R Caps,Hood. Remarks: There is no manual. The warranty has expired. Return Policy: Return within 30 days according to Amazon's policy Shipment: The item will be shipped by Amazon immediately. Serial number: 2173273
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.

Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera

4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 263 ratings

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Brand Sony
Focal Length Description 75-300 millimeters
Lens Type Telephoto zoom lens
Compatible Mountings Sony Alpha, Minolta AF
Camera Lens Description 300 month

About this item

• 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Alpha digital SLR cameras
  • Ideal for taking close-up portraits and sports action without making subject nervous
  • Gives light sources a pleasing circular defocused effect in the background for better results
  • Minimum focusing distance of 4 feet, 11 inches; 7 aperture blades; 55mm filter diameter
  • Measures 2.81 inches in diameter and 4.81 inches long; weighs 1 pound, 2 ounces
  • It is compatible with the Sony Alpha camera system (A-Mount). It is not compatible with the NEX system (E-Mount)
Make your spread shine
Get ready for Easter Learn more

Important information

Legal Disclaimer

Gebrauchtware Bei diesem Artikel findet die Differenzbesteuerung Anwendung (§ 25 a Abs. 2 UStG), so dass die anfallende MwSt nicht getrennt ausgewiesen werden kann.

Compare with similar items

This Item
Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera
Recommendations
Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens for Sony Mirrorless Full Frame/APS-C E-Mount, Black (Renewed)
dummy
SONY 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 FE OSS Interchangeable Standard Zoom Lens (Renewed)
dummy
SONY E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 Lens for SONY E-Mount Cameras (Black) (Renewed)
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$128.00-5% $469.99
New Price:$499.00
-50% $199.00
New Price:$398.00
-34% $198.00
New Price:$298.00
Delivery
Get it as soon as Monday, Mar 25
Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Mar 21
Get it Mar 28 - Apr 3
Get it as soon as Monday, Mar 25
Customer Ratings
Image stabilization
Picture quality
Auto focus
Value for money
For portrait photography
Sold By
Tokyo Optic Apex
6ave
Buzz-Photo
Digital Village
lens type
Telephoto zoom lens
Telephoto
Standard
Wide Angle
compatible mountings
Sony Alpha, Minolta AF
Sony E
Sony E
Sony E
lens design
Zoom
Zoom
Zoom
Zoom
focus type
Manual, Automatic
Auto Focus
Stepper motor
Manual Focus, Auto Focus
minimum focal length
75 millimeters
70 millimeters
28 millimeters
55 millimeters
max focal length
300 millimeters
300 millimeters
70 millimeters
210 millimeters

Looking for specific info?

What's in the box

• Front and Rear Lens Cap, SH0007 Lens Hood
  • Product information

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

URL:
    Price: ($)
    Shipping cost: ($)
    Date of the price:
    /
    /

Store name:
    City:
    State:
    Price: ($)
    Date of the price:
    /
    /

Please sign in to provide feedback.

Product Description

Product Description

75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Ideal for portraits, sports, long-distance subjects Compact, lightweight design for comfortable shooting Long 4X zoom for greater flexibility in composing shots Close-up shooting, as near as 5 feet to the camera Circular Aperture for pleasing defocused effects Focal Length 35mm Equivalent: 75 300 mm

Amazon.com

Get extremely close to your subjects from a relaxing distance with this Sony 75-300mm super telephoto zoom lens. Great for taking incredibly close-up portraits without making your subject nervous, the compact, lightweight 4x zoom lens is a terrific value and an ideal choice for covering outdoor activities and sports action, even in large stadium locations. The lens offers a wide zoom range of 112.5 to 450mm (35mm equivalent) that handles both middle-ground subjects and portraits from afar, while still capturing intimate details and natural wonders close at hand. In addition, the lens gives light sources a pleasing circular defocused effect in the background, making the subject stand out beautifully.

• Focal length: 75-300mm (112.5-450mm 35mm equivalent)
    • Maximum aperture: f/4.5-5.6
    • Minimum aperture: f/28-32
    • Filter diameter: 55mm
    • Minimum focus distance: 4 feet, 11 inches
    • Magnification: 0.25x
    • Lens group elements: 10 groups 13 elements
    • Distance encoder: Yes
    • Blades: 7 aperture blades
    • Asperhic elements: No
    • Lens type: Telephoto zoom
    • Dimensions: 2.81 inches in diameter and 4.81 inches long
    • Weight: 1 pound, 2 ounces

Customer reviews

4.4 out of 5 stars
    4.4 out of 5
    263 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the picture quality, ease of use, and value of the camera lens. For example, they mention that it's a great lens, perfect for beginners, and works well. They appreciate the zoom. Opinions are mixed on the auto-focus.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

74 customers mention68 positive6 negative

Customers are satisfied with the quality of the lens. They mention that it works great, has remarkable performance, and is of Sony-quality. Some say that the lens is in good shape and working. Overall, most are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...Build quality is fine. Sure, the body is all plastic but it feels solid, not cheap at all. It comes with an attachable lens hood...." Read more

"...it was perfect in every way, the supplier is great, the lens takes fantastic photos even night shot of the moon are incredible you see every crater..." Read more

"...I bought it used, but it was in great condition just as advertised. And for a great price." Read more

"...the SONY 75-300mm Telephoto lens is priced well and will provide exceptional performance...." Read more

38 customers mention38 positive0 negative

Customers appreciate the value of the camera lens. They say it's a great buy, and works well.

"...Even at full price, it's an excellent value. The other Sony alternative, the Sony 70-300 G series lens, currently sells at $999...." Read more

"...And for a great price." Read more

"...For the avid photographer, the SONY 75-300mm Telephoto lens is priced well and will provide exceptional performance...." Read more

"...for a 75-300mm lens and was surprised to find this one for such a good price...." Read more

33 customers mention29 positive4 negative

Customers like the picture quality of the lens. They say that the lens is built well, produces excellent photos, and produces clear pictures. They also say that it's a good solution for taking closer images of grandboys and family outside in the beach. Customers also mention that the lenses is great for portraits, and animal pictures in the woods.

"...The images are clear and in focus, even in the corners at full zoom...." Read more

"...of moving cars and motorcycles going around 25mph and the pictures turn out clear as long as i hold the camera very still...." Read more

"Used for outdoor photography. Easy to take photos with." Read more

"...of flowers, Animals, and yes even bugs jumped right out with amazing clarity and color... Amazon, the seller and this lenses made me a professional..." Read more

11 customers mention11 positive0 negative

Customers find the camera lens easy to use. They mention it's perfect for beginners, easy to take photos with, and good for amateurs. Some say that it'll work without a tripod.

"...Personally, I find it pretty easy to work with and I'm certainly nothing special in terms of having a steady hand...." Read more

"...It is just as easy to operate as any of the zoom lenses of my 35 mm film cameras. Great product. I'm going to have quite a bit of fun with this." Read more

"Used for outdoor photography. Easy to take photos with." Read more

"...Great description and great item. Easy to use on the Auto setting of my A230 Sony DSLR camera. Thanks so very much for this listing!" Read more

10 customers mention10 positive0 negative

Customers are impressed with the zoom of the camera lens. They say it has an incredible range, with smooth manual zoom operation and quick auto focus. Customers also mention that the lens is ultra depth of field sensitive.

"I'm very happy with this lens. Smooth manual zoom operation and quick auto focus. Thrilled to find it on Amazon Marketplace...." Read more

"...The lens is ultra depth of field sensitive...." Read more

"...with this purchase and definitely keeping this lens, the zoom will come in very handy!!" Read more

"Great zoom les with good range." Read more

12 customers mention5 positive7 negative

Customers are mixed about the autofocus of the camera lens. Some mention that it works well in low light, and is fast enough that they rarely need to use a tripod. However, others say that the focus issue takes some getting used to, and takes forever to focus. Some customers also mention that the lens is cheap and doesn't work well for bird or large motion.

"...I hear about the bargain range of Sony lenses in reviews is the cheap auto-focus. I find it works well...." Read more

"I'm very happy with this lens. Smooth manual zoom operation and quick auto focus. Thrilled to find it on Amazon Marketplace...." Read more

"...The lens in AUTO mode is in constant adjustment. This focus issue takes some getting used to. The lens balances quite nicely on th A 100...." Read more

"...It works well in low light, and it is fast enough that I rarely need to use a tripod...." Read more

7 customers mention3 positive4 negative

Customers are mixed about the lens size. Some mention that it's quite long and gives them longer focal lengths for video, while others say that it didn't fit their camera.

"this lens did not fit my camera (my fault, not the sellers)This seller was amazing to work with tho... both the purchase and the return!" Read more

"It was dirt cheap and gives me the longer focal lengths for video with my A99V but it is not quality--but I think I only paid $125 for it so it was..." Read more

"The description was wrong and it won’t fit my camera. I bought an adapter and that doesn’t work either...." Read more

"...the lens you will discover when in maximum telephoto mode, the lens is quite long.I am very happy with it." Read more

3 customers mention0 positive3 negative

Customers are dissatisfied with the fringing of the camera lens. They mention that it has an unexpected problem with a lot of purple fringling.

"...Then you get into purple fringing problems. As a general purpose zoom lens, you can't go wrong for the price...." Read more

"...There seems to be a good bit of purple fringing throughout the range and not as sharpe as one may expect. Perhaps I was expecting too much?...." Read more

"I've been having an unexpected problem with a lot purple fringing with this lens. I live in Arizona where the sun is very intense...." Read more

Incredible lens for the price
    5 Stars
    Incredible lens for the price
    Lenses, even a 'bargain' lens like the Sony 75-300, are expensive in absolute terms (at least at my budget level) so, like most folks, I researched my options to death. In the end, Sony offered a bundle of the 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses with the a65 camera that effectively cut $100 off the price of this lens. Even at full price, it's an excellent value. The other Sony alternative, the Sony 70-300 G series lens, currently sells at $999. At the time, I could have picked up one at $899 but still it's a huge premium for some nice to have features and marginal image improvements (many of which the a65 can correct with firmware settings). If money were no object, sure I'd go G.The proof of the performance is in the photos. I uploaded 4 photos I took at a local zoo. If you're an amateur like myself wanting to up your vacation, family, etc photos to the next level an order of magnitude better than compact point and shoot or super-zoom (where I upgraded from) cameras this lens is for you. With no real experience (used an Olympus SLR in the '80s-'90s, Lumix FZ35 recently), I was able to take several hundred pictures at the zoo, most of which are 'pro' quality. All the pictures were taken hand held on an overcast, gloomy day but none were blurred by camera shake.I had considered the Sony 55-200mm lens that did comparatively about as well in reviews and is more compact. You save $50 but I find myself so often at the long end of the 75-300mm lens I'm very glad to have the extra 100mm to work with. Sometimes I hear people complain working at the long end of this zoom range is a real challenge. Personally, I find it pretty easy to work with and I'm certainly nothing special in terms of having a steady hand. In fact, that's the whole point of the Sony Alpha system. Coupled with the a65 body, the 75-300mm lens is a no-brainer to operate. Keep in mind on Sony bodies like the a65 this lens has an effect zoom range equivalent to a 35mm 112.5-450mm.I shoot a lot of macro shots of flowers. Initially, I though that's what I'd use the kit 18-55mm lens for. The 18-55mm lens is okay for this purpose; however, I find the 75-300mm usually produces far better results.If you're into pixel peeping to evaluate the quality of this lens with a comparison to the Sony 70-300 G lens, Google "Kurt Munger" for a great in-depth review.The main complaint I hear about the bargain range of Sony lenses in reviews is the cheap auto-focus. I find it works well. On rare occasions I'll manually focus particularly when I'm doing close-up shots in more of a macro mode. It's not silent but I wouldn't call it loud in absolute terms but I don't have any experience with more expensive Sony lenses or other manufacturers' systems to compare it to except Canon and Nikon kit lenses.Build quality is fine. Sure, the body is all plastic but it feels solid, not cheap at all. It comes with an attachable lens hood. Personally, lens hoods rarely block flair in my experience but, hey, it's free. It attaches to the lens in reverse for storage.I'm giving it 5 stars because I can recommend it without reservation and I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I'm suffering from no G lens envy.
    Thank you for your feedback
    Sorry, there was an error
    Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2012
    Customer image
    5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible lens for the price
    Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2012
    Lenses, even a 'bargain' lens like the Sony 75-300, are expensive in absolute terms (at least at my budget level) so, like most folks, I researched my options to death. In the end, Sony offered a bundle of the 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses with the a65 camera that effectively cut $100 off the price of this lens. Even at full price, it's an excellent value. The other Sony alternative, the Sony 70-300 G series lens, currently sells at $999. At the time, I could have picked up one at $899 but still it's a huge premium for some nice to have features and marginal image improvements (many of which the a65 can correct with firmware settings). If money were no object, sure I'd go G.

The proof of the performance is in the photos. I uploaded 4 photos I took at a local zoo. If you're an amateur like myself wanting to up your vacation, family, etc photos to the next level an order of magnitude better than compact point and shoot or super-zoom (where I upgraded from) cameras this lens is for you. With no real experience (used an Olympus SLR in the '80s-'90s, Lumix FZ35 recently), I was able to take several hundred pictures at the zoo, most of which are 'pro' quality. All the pictures were taken hand held on an overcast, gloomy day but none were blurred by camera shake.

I had considered the Sony 55-200mm lens that did comparatively about as well in reviews and is more compact. You save $50 but I find myself so often at the long end of the 75-300mm lens I'm very glad to have the extra 100mm to work with. Sometimes I hear people complain working at the long end of this zoom range is a real challenge. Personally, I find it pretty easy to work with and I'm certainly nothing special in terms of having a steady hand. In fact, that's the whole point of the Sony Alpha system. Coupled with the a65 body, the 75-300mm lens is a no-brainer to operate. Keep in mind on Sony bodies like the a65 this lens has an effect zoom range equivalent to a 35mm 112.5-450mm.

I shoot a lot of macro shots of flowers. Initially, I though that's what I'd use the kit 18-55mm lens for. The 18-55mm lens is okay for this purpose; however, I find the 75-300mm usually produces far better results.

If you're into pixel peeping to evaluate the quality of this lens with a comparison to the Sony 70-300 G lens, Google "Kurt Munger" for a great in-depth review.

The main complaint I hear about the bargain range of Sony lenses in reviews is the cheap auto-focus. I find it works well. On rare occasions I'll manually focus particularly when I'm doing close-up shots in more of a macro mode. It's not silent but I wouldn't call it loud in absolute terms but I don't have any experience with more expensive Sony lenses or other manufacturers' systems to compare it to except Canon and Nikon kit lenses.

Build quality is fine. Sure, the body is all plastic but it feels solid, not cheap at all. It comes with an attachable lens hood. Personally, lens hoods rarely block flair in my experience but, hey, it's free. It attaches to the lens in reverse for storage.

I'm giving it 5 stars because I can recommend it without reservation and I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I'm suffering from no G lens envy.
    Images in this review
    Customer image Customer image Customer image Customer image
    Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer imageCustomer image
    26 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2016
    4 people found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2023
    Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2006
    107 people found this helpful

Top reviews from other countries

Amazon Customer
    5.0 out of 5 stars great