To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Added
Sold by: fotodiox Inc.
Sold by: fotodiox Inc.
(61509 ratings)
89% positive over last 12 months
Shipping rates and Return policy

RFN-4s Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Nikon DSLR with MC30 Type Connection (Nikon D200, D300, D300s, D500, D700, D800, D800E, D810, D1, D2, D3, D3x, D3s, D4, D5) - Transmitter and Receiver Set

4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars 845 ratings

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
FREE Returns
Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

Purchase options and add-ons

Brand SMDV
Special Feature Ergonomic
Max Number of Supported Devices 3
Compatible Devices Nikon D850, Nikon D810, Nikon D800, Nikon D6, Nikon D5, Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D500, Nikon D300, Nikon Z9 See more
Connectivity Technology Radio Frequency

About this item

• Compact Wireless Remote Control Shutter Release for Professional Nikon Cameras
  • 16 channels in 2.4GHz frequency. Maximum range of 320 ft (100 meters).
  • Bulb mode function.
  • Transmitter conveniently uses AAA battery (battery not included).
  • Upgraded (from Oct. 1, 2017) receiver unit features more robust pins and more flexible antenna.
Basket stuffers for under $5 at Fresh
Get ready for Easter Learn more

Frequently bought together

$55.99
Get it as soon as Tuesday, Apr 2
In Stock
Sold by fotodiox Inc. and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
+
$55.00
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers.
Choose items to buy together.

Compare with similar items

This Item
RFN-4s Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Nikon DSLR with MC30 Type Connection (Nikon D200, D300, D300s, D500, D700, D800, D800E, D810, D1, D2, D3, D3x, D3s, D4, D5) - Transmitter and Receiver Set
Recommendations
Godox TR-N1 TR-N3 Remote Shutter Release for Nikon, Wireless Shutter Release Intervalometer Compatible for Nikon Z9 Z8 Z7 Z6 Z5 D850 D800 D750 D610 F90 D7200 D7100 D5600 D3300 D90
dummy
SMDV RFN-4 Wireless Remote Shutter Release Cable for Nikon D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2X, D2Hs, D2Xs, D3, D3X, D3s, D4, D200, D300, D300S, D700, D800, D800E, Fully Compatible with Nikon MC-30
dummy
for Nikon Remote Shutter Release,Wireless Camera Remote for Nikon D5600,D850,D5300,Z6,Z7,D800,Coolpix P1000,D750,D7200, D7500, Replaces Nikon MC-DC2 and MC-30A
dummy
Pixel Remote Commander Shutter Release Cable DC0 Compatible with Nikon Z8 Z9 D3 D4 D5 D6 D800 D850 D810 D700 D500 D300 D200 F6 F100 F5 F90X F90 N90s D1X D2H D3X Compatible with Nikon MC-30A
dummy
Pixel 2.4G Wireless Remote Control DC2 Remote Shutter Release Compatible with Nikon MC-DC2 Z7 Z7II Z6 Z6II Z5 D5600 D3300 D5000 D5100 D5200 D5300 D90 D7000 D7100 D7200 D7500 D780 D610 D750 P7700 P7800
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$55.99$54.90$64.39$38.99-13% $12.99
List:$15.00
$29.98
Delivery
Get it as soon as Wednesday, Apr 3
Customer Ratings
Remote Control
Easy to use
Auto focus
Sold By
fotodiox Inc.
INSSTRO
Amazon.com
SEEGOOM
GFSHOP
GFSHOP
compatible devices
Nikon Z9, Nikon D850, Nikon D810, Nikon D800, Nikon D6, Nikon D5, Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D500, Nikon D300
Nikon Camera
Camera
Camera
Camera
Camera
connectivity tech
Radio Frequency
Wireless
Radio Frequency
Bluetooth
Cable
Radio Frequency
maximum range
100 meters
100 meters
260 meters
262 feet
1.2 meters
100 meters
battery quantity
1 aaa, 0 lithium ion
2 aa
2 aaa
2 aaa
4 aaa, 4 aa
model number
RFn-4s
SMDV-RFN4-1N
LG01RC201DC0011
LG01RW221DC2005

Looking for specific info?

Product information

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

RFN-4s

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
/
/
/
Please sign in to provide feedback.

Product Description

o RFN-4s is the next generation of SMDV's reliable shutter releases for Nikon.
o The 3rd generation receiver unit (starting July 2018) features smaller size, flexible antenna, and more robust pins.

Key features:
o Maximum range of 320 feet (100 meters).
o 16 user selectable channels.
o 2.4GHz operating frequency.
o Transmitter unit conveniently uses readily available AAA battery (not included).
o Receiver unit is powered by the camera.
o Fully supports Bulb shooting mode.
o Works with Nikon D5, D4s, D4, D3x, D3s, D3, D850, D810A, D800E, D800, D700, D500, D300, D300s, D200, D100, D2, D2x, D2Hs, D2H, D1H, D1.
o Uses Nikon MC30 connector. (ML-3 replacement)

PLEASE NOTE: The receiver may lean to one side and may not be perfectly perpendicular to the ground when mounted on the camera. According to the manufacturer, this is the case with Nikon models after D200 and D300, because Nikon rotated the port slightly.

PLEASE NOTE: AAA battery is NOT included.

Customer reviews

4.5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5
845 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the performance, ease of use, quality and remote control of the remote. For example, they mention that it works perfectly on their camera, it's easy to connect and that it comes with a slide-over cover at the actuation. They appreciate the remote's size, saying that it'd be a good remote release for anyone.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

420 customers mention382 positive38 negative

Customers are satisfied with the performance of the remote control. They say that it works perfectly on their camera and is very easy to setup. They also mention that it puts all of the other remotes they've used to shame, works flawlessly at the distances they have used it, and works like a million bucks every time. Some appreciate the fact that it doesn't use the hot shoe. However, some customers mention that the wireless works well for now and is happy to get away from the hotshoe.

"...The unit is working brilliantly and it does the job from at least 240 feet away - I've not tried 300 feet, but I'm sure it works from that range as..." Read more

"...And it works fine for bracketed shots. I shoot a lot of 5-exposure HDR brackets, and this remote handles it fine, just like regular shooting...." Read more

"...Original 2017 Review below:I use mine on a Nikon D500: It works Great! I love this remote...." Read more

"...Pictures are crisp and so tack sharp when used with a decent lens, tripod (or other stabilization), and MUP (Mirror Up) and electronic curtain, I..." Read more

158 customers mention124 positive34 negative

Customers like the ease of use of the remote control. They mention that it's easy to setup, easy to hit the button, and connects to their camera. Some say that it comes with a slide-over cover at the actuation. Overall, most are happy with the ease and functionality of the product.

"...Its easy to hit the button that does that. Also, use care with pliers as the screw on the receiver is plastic...." Read more

"...Very quick and easy. And it goes right into the camera bag, still mounted on the camera, no hassle. Great!!..." Read more

"...Sliding Button Cover, prevents accidental operation, and unintended drain of the Transmitter's AAA cell.RFN-4s Range:..." Read more

"...design and fits snugly into the D800 10-pin port and screws right in with no effort...." Read more

119 customers mention89 positive30 negative

Customers like the quality of the remote control. They say it has a high quality construction, is durable, and reliable. The remote and sensor both feel solid in hand, and it's well designed. Overall, customers are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...But here it is. It's inexpensive, and the build quality is high...." Read more

"...It appears well made and well packaged. Time will tell. I will update any issues, problems, or surprises (good or bad) if I find any...." Read more

"...Where to start? First off, it comes in a nice high quality retail display case, that quite frankly I don't mind just sticking in my camera bag as is..." Read more

"...the RX housing design is terrible because of this, lacks robustness for the rigors of photography in any outdoor, professional, or harsh..." Read more

112 customers mention106 positive6 negative

Customers are satisfied with the remote control. They mention it's a great remote combo for Nikon D500, and it handles HDR brackets well. They also say it'll focus without camera shake and can be used from 100 feet away. Customers also appreciate the radio control, which eliminates the need for line of sight.

"...found the cause of the loose fit and put in my own batteries the remote is a gem...." Read more

"...I shoot a lot of 5-exposure HDR brackets, and this remote handles it fine, just like regular shooting...." Read more

"...I still think it's a decent remote device and would suffice fine for anyone who has this particular need...." Read more

"...For what I shoot, this is a rugged and reliable remote that is unobtrusive...." Read more

112 customers mention102 positive10 negative

Customers like the size of the remote control. They mention that it's small, compact, and easy to use. They also appreciate the fact that the receiver is small enough for them to still mount their flash on. The remote is also small enough that if you are in the photo, you can conceal it in. It fits their D4s perfectly and works just as described. The small lanyard is nice for keeping the remote at hand, and it fits onto the remote socket of your Nikon camera. The knurled ferule knob is a slightly oversized to make tightening process easier for those who.

"...Now I take this same remote bought in 2012 and it fits immediately...." Read more

"...Very quick and easy. And it goes right into the camera bag, still mounted on the camera, no hassle. Great!!..." Read more

"...Very compact, very small.*Doesn't get in the way of any camera controls, in my experience.RFN-4s Transmitter:*..." Read more

"...The knurled ferule knob is a slightly oversized to make tightening process easier for those of us who don't happen to have delicate little..." Read more

96 customers mention79 positive17 negative

Customers like the value of the remote control. They mention that it's worth the price, cheaper than the Nikon version, and a fair price for a remote trigger. They also say the extra batteries are very affordable. Overall, customers say it'll be a great buy and if you're looking for s high-end product, it'd be worth upgrading.

"...But here it is. It's inexpensive, and the build quality is high...." Read more

"...Small, relatively inexpensive, very lightweight and they "just work"...." Read more

"...I believe that this remote is definitely worth the cost!" Read more

"...This unit performed flawlessly in -40F multiple times, totally worth the money...." Read more

46 customers mention43 positive3 negative

Customers are satisfied with the range of the remote control. They mention that it has a great range, is accurate, and works exactly as advertised. The distance it covers far exceeded requirements, and it's excellent. Customers also appreciate the RF technology, which allows it to travel further than IR, which needs a line of sight. Overall, customers are happy with their purchase and recommend it to others.

"...The range is exceptional and the triggering is very reliable. The only times I've had any problems is when the batteries run down...." Read more

"...Can't say enough good things about it. Great range, easy to use and stow, works every time...." Read more

"...The distance it covers far exceeded requirements, in fact you could be behind a wall and use!..." Read more

"...The range is accurate, I've used this up close and set up my camera and walked away, waiting for wild life to wander into the perfect position...." Read more

53 customers mention28 positive25 negative

Customers have mixed opinions about the battery life of the remote control. Some mention that it uses an AAA battery that lasts long, while others say that it will run down your camera battery when the camera is turned off.

"...I can use the same battery for over a thousand shots, so the battery life is years in most cases...." Read more

"...The remote's battery died after 6 months. It had not been used that much. Now the unit doesn't work at all....8 month life span...." Read more

"...The receiver draws power from the camera so there's no battery to deal with and the the transmitter uses a single AAA alkaline battery...." Read more

"...way too easy to accidentally turn the receiver on and unknowingly drain your camera battery while you camera sits in the bag or pack...." Read more

Great Product!
5 Stars
Great Product!
Great product and works well on Nikon D850!! Remote allows one to take the photo without touching the camera. Just be sure to check the locking ring on the receiver for it does come loose. Be sure to turn it off when your finished taking photos (flashing red light.) Be careful to not push the button when handling the camera when you put the camera in the bag. Still a great device and runs off the camera battery, but the transmitter clicker requires batteries.
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry, there was an error
Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on October 16, 2012
3 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on April 20, 2013
46 people found this helpful