To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
Added to

Sorry, there was a problem.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.

Sorry, there was a problem.

List unavailable.

Seagate 500 GB Pipeline HD SATA 3Gb/s NCQ 8MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST3500312CS)

4.2 4.2 out of 5 stars 670 ratings

To see product details, add this item to your cart. You can always remove it later.
500 GB
SATA 3GB/s

Purchase options and add-ons

About this item

• Seagate Pipeline HD.2 500 GB Hard Drive General Features: 500 GB capacity SATA interface
  • 3 Gbps transfer rate 5900 RPM spindle speed 8 MB buffer 14.0 ms seek time 5.1 ms avg. latecy
  • 3.5-inch form factor Supports Minimum of 10 Simultaneous Streams of HD Content!
  • S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting Supports latching SATA cables and connectors
  • Supports ATA8 Streaming commands

Buy it with

$23.73
Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Mar 27
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Endless Technology Solutions.
+
$60.80
Get it as soon as Sunday, Mar 31
In Stock
Sold by SAGASA LLC and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers.
Choose items to buy together.

Compare with similar items

This Item
Seagate 500 GB Pipeline HD SATA 3Gb/s NCQ 8MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST3500312CS)
Recommendations
MDD MAXDIGITALDATA - ST3500414CS 500GB 5900RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5-inch Surveillance Hard Drive - 3 Year Warranty (Renewed)
dummy
Seagate Barracuda ESA-3502 Internal Hard Drive 3.5 Inches - 500 GB (ST500DM002) + Silicone HDD 3.5 Inch Protective Cover - White
dummy
Western Digital AV 500GB 8MB Cache SATA2 3.5" Hard Drive (for CCTV DVR, cool, quiet &reliable) -w/ 1 Year Warranty
dummy
Western Digital WD5000LUCT AV 500GB 5400RPM 16MB Cache (7mm) SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal 2.5inch Notebook Hard Drive
dummy
WD Blue 500GB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD5000AAKX (Renewed)
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Details
Added to Cart
Price$23.73$14.88$23.95$15.98$20.99-16% $25.00
New Price:$29.97
Delivery
Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Mar 27
Get it Apr 1 - 3
Get it Mar 28 - Apr 1
Customer Ratings
Easy to install
Noise level
Storage Capacity
Value for money
Sold By
Endless Technology Solutions
goHardDrive
Ryze Systems
Zephyr USA
Ataman Trading
RENEW COMPONENTS
storage capacity
500 GB
500 GB
500 GB
500 GB
500 GB
500 GB
hardware interface
sata 3 0 gb
sata 3 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
sata 3 0 gb
sata 3 0 gb
sata 6 0 gb
compatible devices
Desktop
Desktop
Ordinateur
Desktop
Gaming Console
Desktop
form factor
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
3.5-inch
2.5-inch
3.5-inch

What's in the box

• Bare Drive
  • Looking for specific info?

Product information

Warranty & Support

Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here

Feedback

Seagate

Found a lower price? Let us know. Although we can't match every price reported, we'll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.

Where did you see a lower price?

/
    /
    /
    /
    Please sign in to provide feedback.

Product Description

Product Description

Supporting capacities up to 2TB, Seagate Pipeline HD series hard drives were designed to deliver 24x7, reliable operation with performance tuning oriented toward low-power consumption, silent operation and smooth video streaming performance. With the ability to support a minimum of 10 simultaneous streams of HD content and operate at temperatures of up to 75°C, they provide reliable storage that enables consumers to take full advantage of premium services like digital video recording and video on demand. Boasting the industry's lowest overall power consumption profiles and coupled with the Seagate commitment to environmental compliance, Pipeline HD drives are more than green; they offer customers a comprehensive sustainability value proposition which incorporates leading environmental stewardship and a focus on customer satisfaction.

From the Manufacturer

Supporting capacities up to 2TB, Seagate Pipeline HD series hard drives were designed to deliver 24x7, reliable operation with performance tuning oriented toward low-power consumption, silent operation and smooth video streaming performance. With the ability to support a minimum of 10 simultaneous streams of HD content and operate at temperatures of up to 75°C, they provide reliable storage that enables consumers to take full advantage of premium services like digital video recording and video on demand. Boasting the industry's lowest overall power consumption profiles and coupled with the Seagate commitment to environmental compliance, Pipeline HD drives are more than green; they offer customers a comprehensive sustainability value proposition which incorporates leading environmental stewardship and a focus on customer satisfaction.

Customer reviews

4.2 out of 5 stars
    4.2 out of 5
    670 global ratings

Customers say

Customers like the performance, quality and value of the computer drive. For example, they mention it works well, is quiet and does its job seamlessly. That said, they appreciate the value for money. That's saying it's a good product for extra storage. That being said, opinions are mixed on the responsiveness.

AI-generated from the text of customer reviews

59 customers mention49 positive10 negative

Customers like the performance of the hard drive. They say it works well, flawlessly, and quietly. Some mention that it makes the build easy and has no problems. Some say that it works great on 8-channel DVR recorders and that the DVR function now works again.

"...The DVR capabilities of my receiver now work quietly and flawlessly...." Read more

"...So far no problems and it seems to work fine. Ive read a lot of reviews for this hard drive and they seem to be mixed...." Read more

"...put in my kid's gaming computer, but it is super inexpensive and does great at what I bought it for...." Read more

"This hhd does its jobs perfectly. It's not terribly fast but I've had no problem playing games on it and storing all of my files...." Read more

51 customers mention37 positive14 negative

Customers like the quality of the computer drive. They say it's a very good product, excellent, and flawless for over a year. Customers also say it works right out of the box, is reliable, and long-lasting.

"...Seems well made, hey its a Hard drive, pretty much all of them are put together the same way with the same material." Read more

"I have always trusted Seagate Hard Drives. They are amazing long lasting and I always replace failed WD, Toshiba, and others with a Seagate when..." Read more

"...will not initialize correctly 50% of the time and simply dies and resets when read and writing about 10% of the way into the drive...." Read more

"Great drive, no issues in security dvr system. Constantly in use for over 2 years records daily/ hourly and no issues." Read more

18 customers mention16 positive2 negative

Customers like the value of the computer drive. They say it's a great buy, works great, and is good value for extra storage. Some mention that the 1st boot may take 5-7 minutes, but it works flawlessly and is a good buy.

"...not something I would put in my kid's gaming computer, but it is super inexpensive and does great at what I bought it for...." Read more

"Still using this thing. They just never give up. Great value for extra storage." Read more

"...Hopefully that means it will keep that drive temp down. The reasonable price and 2-day shipping were both big positives...." Read more

"...Works fine, no issues, seems like a great price compared to what the manufacturer wanted to charge to replace it." Read more

13 customers mention10 positive3 negative

Customers find the installation process of the hard drive to be easy. They mention that it makes the build easy, has standard installation, and works as expected. Some say that the drive is practical and easy to use.

"I can’t complain this item is very standard with an easy install, easy mount, and works as expected...." Read more

"...It made the build easy. No problems at all." Read more

"You know: its 500 gigs for 20 bucks...standard install, standard performance, reliable. No harrowing customer nightmares and is quietly doing its job." Read more

"...Took more than plug and play. You had to go into the Windows 10 drive setup to get it running...." Read more

7 customers mention7 positive0 negative

Customers appreciate the computer drive's quiet operation. They say it quietly does its job, and the audio is seamless.

"...It is very quiet...." Read more

"...video during playback briefly freezes on occasion although the audio is seamless...." Read more

"Drive is quiet and runs cool. The last unit I purchased lasted 5 years with heavy use." Read more

"...No harrowing customer nightmares and is quietly doing its job." Read more

6 customers mention6 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the size of the hard drive. They mention that it is big, durable, and easy to fit. Some say that it's the right fit for their video system and is perfect for their 50TB model. However, some customers feel that it may not be a good choice for a PC.

"...very pleased and this is now my main supplier for drives... Perfect for our 50TB model." Read more

"...Highly recommended and it's a very easy fit. I didn't really need that big of an HD because it's for a triple boot system." Read more

"...This is the perfect fit, install only took 5 minutes." Read more

"right fit for my video system" Read more

5 customers mention5 positive0 negative

Customers are satisfied with the capacity of the computer drive. They mention that it holds lots of recordings, stores all of their files, and stores data just fine. Some say that the 1TB of storage provides them with all the recording capacity they need.

"...This hard-drive's 1TB of storage provides me with all the recording capacity that I need with the same HD resolution offered by the receiver." Read more

"...terribly fast but I've had no problem playing games on it and storing all of my files...." Read more

"Very easy to install! Hold lots of recordinS" Read more

"...Good capacity, excellent responsiveness and good durability so far." Read more

6 customers mention3 positive3 negative

Customers are mixed about the responsiveness of the computer drive. Some mention it has excellent responsiveness and good durability, while others say it's not terribly fast.

"I popped this baby in, loaded Vista, and it's running like a charm. Highly recommended and it's a very easy fit...." Read more

"This hhd does its jobs perfectly. It's not terribly fast but I've had no problem playing games on it and storing all of my files...." Read more

"...Good capacity, excellent responsiveness and good durability so far." Read more

"...It's slow compared to other drives. Why? It's not a 7200rpm drive, it's <6k rpm. Doesn't say that anywhere in the listing. Disappointed...." Read more

Cost/Quality
    5 Stars
    Cost/Quality
    I am very pleased and this is now my main supplier for drives... Perfect for our 50TB model.
    Thank you for your feedback
    Sorry, there was an error
    Sorry we couldn't load the review

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on December 22, 2019
    Capacity: 1 TBStyle: SATA 6GB/sVerified Purchase
    Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2016
    Capacity: 500 GBStyle: SATA 3GB/sVerified Purchase
    One person found this helpful
    Reviewed in the United States on January 30, 2024
    Capacity: 500 GBStyle: SATA 3GB/sVerified Purchase
    Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2012